- Sceptre&Focus skills for ele will be more appropriate for short range, whilst staff will have long range skills
- The only examples i've seen of a warrior swapping weapons is between rifle or bow and melee weapon
- Why only 2 Weapon sets allowed - except that it maps nicely to ranged/melee swapping?
Secondly, cross weapon set combinations between two sets of melee weapons seems an unrealistic, cumbersome and unnecessary mechanism. Not to mention that if you are carrying two melee sets around you have no ranged option. I mean would you really start bashing someone with a great sword and then suddenly pull out a huge hammer from your knapsack, then put it back and continue with the great sword? Seems unlikely to me.
So I reckon by cross weapon set combos, Eric might mean something like this, for example:
1) You take out you bow and hit a mob with the skill "body shot" that inflicts cracked armor.
2) When the mob gets into range you swap to sword and hit it with a skill that gives you adrenaline if your opponent has cracked armor.
And not something like this:
1) You hit someone up with a sword
2) You switch to a hammer to stun them
3) You switch back to a sword
It's speculative, but maybe Anet won't even allow toons to equip two melee sets.
Edited by Roq, 11 May 2010 - 08:39 AM.