• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Beta Weekend Madness (Last Day Event) | Just Enough Games

beta weekend event guardian commentary

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 J_Papa

J_Papa

Fahrar Cub

• Community Contributors
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

This is the start of my Guild Wars 2 coverage and more videos will be posted soon.  This is an edited overview of what happens when you unleash such an anticipated game among it's most loyal followers!

It includes footage from the first hour of the beta weekend where thousands of people flooded the racial starter zones, and footage of the beta event presented by the developers for the last hour before the servers were shut down.

Feedback is appreciated.  Please Enjoy!

#2 Delirious

Delirious

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

LOL killer rabbit! Now I'm sad I didn't stay up to 3 am EST to participate in the final event.

#3 DeadWeight

DeadWeight

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

I did stay up till 3am for the final event on Sunday/Monday night, and aside from the seeing just a mass people swarm the start zone there was nothing really spectacular about it. Aside, from seeing this little ass rabbit just sit there and take a pounding of damage and one shooting people was not much to it. In the end, the servers just went down. I may have had my hopes set up to high with an epic ending, but in the end it was just sub par.

#4 J_Papa

J_Papa

Fahrar Cub

• Community Contributors
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

A lot of beta events are like that.  I wasn't exaggerating about the 45 minutes of moa fighting, but it wasn't unexpected.  It's not just GW2, but other beta events have ended with high HP bosses and crowds of people slowly chipping away at their life bar.