• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 5 votes

10 practical tips for the GW newbie

tips tricks newbie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 Spenn

Spenn

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostAnsel, on 06 May 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

I think this would fall under a moar meaty bit of advice than a tip but here goes.

Spoiler

Wow, that's quite an elaborate remap. It would be tough to re-wire muscle memory, especially if you're playing games other than GW2 in the same timeframe.

My personal over-riding criterion for remapping keys: I shouldn't need to learn the keyboard for each game.

#32 Matsy

Matsy

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3105 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Personally I aint changing anything apart from:

F1-f4 on zxcv, so they are directly below the moment keys.
Heal on middle mouse button
dodge on side mouse button
loot on E
789 on rtf
elite on q or on side mouse button (have 2 side buttons), if elite goes on mouse, move weapon swap to q

See no need to move anything else, everything is there with little movement needed.

Edited by Matsy, 06 May 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#33 Spenn

Spenn

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostMatsy, on 06 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

loot on E
789 on rtf
elite on q or on side mouse button (have 2 side buttons), if elite goes on mouse, move weapon swap to q

See no need to move anything else, everything is there with little movement needed.

Nice one, I shall try this out!

#34 Luke86

Luke86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostWaar Kijk Je Naar, on 05 May 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Anyone able to confirm this?

Me. I completed Kessex Hills at 100% and received via mail a very nice piece of armor (considered my level ofc).

Edited by Luke86, 06 May 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#35 Mustache Mayhem

Mustache Mayhem

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

found just strafing does a great job at damage control.. dodge when you need to, least for engineer.. the mobs are a lot like guildwars- once they get the initial hate, it takes a while for them to switch.. you can use this to set your tank, have the mobs use up their special attacks.. when on cooldown you spank them into the ground

#36 Ansel

Ansel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostSpenn, on 06 May 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Wow, that's quite an elaborate remap. It would be tough to re-wire muscle memory, especially if you're playing games other than GW2 in the same timeframe.

My personal over-riding criterion for remapping keys: I shouldn't need to learn the keyboard for each game.

Thats why I use this setup.  If my hand is on ESDF for movement and I move 1-5 to 2-6 I still use the same muscle memory to hit 2-6 as I do for 1-5 while useing WASD. I don't have to relearn anyting except to hit closer keys for my utilitys.

View PostMatsy, on 06 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

loot on E
789 on rtf

That is a very efficient setup, the only thing I don't like is trying to use T for a utility, I tend to hit RTF together when I do that, short stubby hands lol.

But aside from my inability to use it it's a very good remap.

Edit: I was trying to avoid useing mouse buttons in the setup I posted earler, I have a 5 button mouse but not everyone does so I posted a moar general setup.

Edited by Ansel, 06 May 2012 - 06:19 PM.