• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Renewed Focus Rework

Renewed Focus Guardian Focus Elite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

http://wiki.guildwar...i/Renewed_Focus

This skill in BWE1 basically made you "channel" the skill and gain a slight amount of invincibility.
This made you stand still and be unable to do anything else, just to hopefully "dodge" some damage and renew your Virtues.

For a 180 cooldown, that is horse crap IMHO.

This is the rework I would purpose for it.

1. Allow Guardians to move/attack while gaining the Invulnerability/Stability for 4-6 seconds
2. Recharge the Virtues instantly after activation
3. Have it Break Stun
4. Have it be affected by the 20% reduction to Meditations/Meditation Heal you traits, which Anet obviously wants Offensive Guardians to use in an offensive spec.

That would bring this elite in more line with Tomb of Courage, and make it a viable choice for those trying to do "offensive" guardians. Also this would be a great choice of an Elite to mitigate strong bursts from War, Thf, Rng, Ele.

Edited by Aodan, 06 May 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#2 Soryuju

Soryuju

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostAodan, on 06 May 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

http://wiki.guildwar...i/Renewed_Focus

This skill in BWE1 basically made you "channel" the skill and gain a slight amount of invincibility.
This made you stand still and be unable to do anything else, just to hopefully "dodge" some damage and renew your Virtues.

For a 180 cooldown, that is horse crap IMHO.

This is the rework I would purpose for it.

1. Allow Guardians to move/attack while gaining the Invulnerability/Stability for 4-6 seconds
2. Recharge the Virtues instantly after activation
3. Have it Break Stun
4. Have it be affected by the 20% reduction to Meditations/Meditation Heal you traits, which Anet obviously wants Offensive Guardians to use in an offensive spec.

That would bring this elite in more line with Tomb of Courage, and make it a viable choice for those trying to do "offensive" guardians. Also this would be a great choice of an Elite to mitigate strong bursts from War, Thf, Rng, Ele.

I agree that Renewed Focus isn't in a good place right now, though it's worth noting that in the BWE, the cooldown was reduced to 100 seconds.  Not that it really matters, for the effect you get.

I wouldn't mind the version you proposed, but I'd also be perfectly happy if they just changed it back to the way it was before, where it recharges your virtues and gives you invulnerability for 10 seconds.  It was the only mobile elite we had, and I was really disappointed to see it nerfed so hard.  

On a side note, I'd really like to see a more significant graphical effect attached to RF, even if it's just a bright blue aura around your character.  The faint blue swirls you get now are next to invisible when the screen starts to fill up with effects, and those are usually the times you'd want to activate the skill.  Not knowing if you're still invulnerable as you wade through your opponents AoE's really doesn't put you in a good situation.  Also, from the opposite perspective, it's really only fair for your opponent to know that they can't hurt you, and the little text reading "Invulnerable" is, again, easy to miss in a tough fight.

#3 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostSoryuju, on 06 May 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

I agree that Renewed Focus isn't in a good place right now, though it's worth noting that in the BWE, the cooldown was reduced to 100 seconds. Not that it really matters, for the effect you get. I wouldn't mind the version you proposed, but I'd also be perfectly happy if they just changed it back to the way it was before, where it recharges your virtues and gives you invulnerability for 10 seconds. It was the only mobile elite we had, and I was really disappointed to see it nerfed so hard. On a side note, I'd really like to see a more significant graphical effect attached to RF, even if it's just a bright blue aura around your character. The faint blue swirls you get now are next to invisible when the screen starts to fill up with effects, and those are usually the times you'd want to activate the skill. Not knowing if you're still invulnerable as you wade through your opponents AoE's really doesn't put you in a good situation. Also, from the opposite perspective, it's really only fair for your opponent to know that they can't hurt you, and the little text reading "Invulnerable" is, again, easy to miss in a tough fight.

Agreed, yes it was the only mobile elite we had. I'd be fine with the old version, glad to see you played some of the other closed beta's *_^. I still feel on a 100cd that 10 secs of invincibility is still lacking, and fyi you could still be CC'd with immo, knockdown while under RF. I would suggest that you gain stability as well thus the ~6 seconds mark seems fairly balanced, and with 20% reduction trait it would be a 80 sec CD, which feels very perfect at that state.

#4 Apathy

Apathy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

Seems like the old version with 10 secs of invulnerability was considered OP by the devs hence it turned into the first BWE crappy version. It really needs re-work like what the TS says.

Why not have it do block all attacks, while renewing the virtues(kneeling) for 4~6 secs, instead of invulnerability for 4 secs; this way, it can be integrated to "block gives might" builds...

Since this is more like a suggestion thread, I just gave my 2 cents...

Edited by Apathy, 06 May 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#5 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

If it's supposed to be focused on our Virtues, then why not do the following:

1.) Allow you to use this while moving
2.) Break Stun
3.) Gives Invulnerability why casting
4.) Recharges all Virtues
5a.) Temporarily gives each Virtue a 2 second cooldown time for 10 seconds (allowing you to use them each 5 times)
5b.) If 5a is too powerful, then give each Virtue a different recharge for balance reasons.

I would definitely prefer to be able to use Virtues multiple times during this elite rather than simple Invulnerability. This wouldn't be considered OP like 10sec Invulnerability has been considered by ArenaNet, and this also makes it so that this elite can be used as offense, defense, and support.

Edited by Alaroxr, 06 May 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#6 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostAlaroxr, on 06 May 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

If it's supposed to be focused on our Virtues, then why not do the following:

1.) Allow you to use this while moving
2.) Break Stun
3.) Gives Invulnerability why casting
4.) Recharges all Virtues
5a.) Temporarily gives each Virtue a 2 second cooldown time for 10 seconds (allowing you to use them each 5 times)
5b.) If 5a is too powerful, then give each Virtue a different recharge for balance reasons.

I would definitely prefer to be able to use Virtues multiple times during this elite rather than simple Invulnerability. This wouldn't be considered OP like 10sec Invulnerability has been considered by ArenaNet, and this also makes it so that this elite can be used as offense, defense, and support.

What I was going for with a lower 4-6 sec invulnerability/stability is for guardians to either be able to use it as a hard escape or a hard advance for offensive guardians, not spam Virtues.

5a is way broken.

#7 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostAodan, on 06 May 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

5a is way broken.

Which is why I had 5b =/

In any case, I like what you're going for. I just wish there was more of a way to include some Guardian aspects into our elites. We have nothing in the rest of our professions that even resembles what our Elite skills are, and it seems like the Virtue recharge is an attempt to do this.

Some of our interesting mechanics are:
Wards
Symbols
Spirit Weapons
Virtues

They've tried Wards, but Sanctuary was moved to utility as you know. That leaves Symbols, Spirit Weapons, and Virtues. There doesn't seem much of a way to make Virtues tie into an elite other than it being a secondary effect, or making the elite underpowered. There's definitely some ways to tie in Symbols, but that's a discussion for another thread unless we consider adding a large symbol to Renewed Focus?

Edited by Alaroxr, 06 May 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#8 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7636 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostSoryuju, on 06 May 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

It was the only mobile elite we had, and I was really disappointed to see it nerfed so hard.  
I think the bolded is the biggest issue here. This is something that could lead to race/profession discrimination in PvE dungeons - lacking an inherent mobile elite means that in dungeons where that might be important to have, guardians might be judged on what racial elites (that can be used without being immobilised) they have available.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

#9 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postdraxynnic, on 06 May 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

I think the bolded is the biggest issue here. This is something that could lead to race/profession discrimination in PvE dungeons - lacking an inherent mobile elite means that in dungeons where that might be important to have, guardians might be judged on what racial elites (that can be used without being immobilised) they have available.

Very true, I look at it from a more Spvp/WvW perspective but you bring up a good point. Considering some dungeons may have more traps or movement involved content, having all immobile elites could lead to big time discrimination or lack in Guardian.

#10 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yea the 10 sec invulnerability would be op since thats 10 secs of carnage if your a offensive guardian you can cause, but why not make it like a warriors endure pain? 5 secs of invul and renews your virtues. Or make your next 3 virtues renew instantly after activation lasts for 30 secs. I like the last idea more.

#11 Ullysis

Ullysis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 06 May 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Yea the 10 sec invulnerability would be op since thats 10 secs of carnage if your a offensive guardian you can cause, but why not make it like a warriors endure pain? 5 secs of invul and renews your virtues. Or make your next 3 virtues renew instantly after activation lasts for 30 secs. I like the last idea more.

Warrior has Invulnerability (Defense Trait - Shrug it off) 5secs traited at 25% health which can be extended to 6.25secs (Defense trait - surefooted) plus a utility for the same skill giving them 10secs or 12.5secs total if traited. Talk about carnage, they can also still move and it breaks stun. That's a profession that can truly cause serious damage compared to the guardian. I see absolutely no reason AT ALL for the version we have being so useless. 10 secs mobility and renewing virtues (does not even break stun) for an elite skill while another profession can get the same invulnerability with a utility and traits when they still have a seperate elite like "juggernaut". I fought a warrior who almost killed me cos at 25% HP endure pain activated then he popped the utility and finally went Juggy on me.

I had 23K HP as a defensive guard and he got me down to 2k and I'd used RF(10sec) for nothing, as it's not like it increased my health or nothing while I'm stuck in place squatting and straining like I needed to do a no. 2. Dude just waited me out and popped his utility when I was done ( I also foundout there's no cooldown period on Shrug it off, so if a warrior goes to 30% HP and then back to 25% this thing activates AGAIN), he opened up a 12 sec can of whoopass on me and then went Juggy to boot. I spent the fight trying to live as it was pointless fighting back for the initial 12secs and putting my skills on cd so I ran (he chased and knocked me down), I fought back when he went Juggy on me but in this 30 secs fight he was back at 90% HP while I was struggling...some people came to help otherwise I'd have taken a dirt nap and he still even got away. He was my buddy and we were testing the soldier classes but man was he loving it, he traited shouts to heal (every 25 sec), had 20sec cd on mending heals...i'm not complaining about the way the guardian plays but I wanna have as much fun as him lol

I will never understand why it seems Anet just can't decide what they want to do w/the guardian. Warrior has long range options, invulnerablity and stability options while guardian has 1 stability utility on a long cd and for a melee class being knocked down by every class while having a sub-par elite that immobilizes you so everyone can gather to burn you in secs is not fun. I like the guardian's playstyle and i'm only interested in this profession and while overall I can take the beats and keep going, somethings just need rework and this is a serious one. I don't like the other 2 elites, as I just don't like standing around..not my personal playstyle so if this one could reworked for mobility i'm gd.

/2.5 cents

Edited by Ullysis, 06 May 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#12 Dirame

Dirame

Golem Rider

• Community Contributors
  • 2241 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

View Postdraxynnic, on 06 May 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

This is inevitable but I do hope that people grade Guardians based on how good the players are at playing them. Then again, Guardians are the only class that have a skill that heals a 5 man party to full health so I wouldn't count them out. People might actually take them for that more than anything else.

View PostUllysis, on 06 May 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Warrior has Invulnerability (Defense Trait - Shrug it off) 5secs traited at 25% health which can be extended to 6.25secs (Defense trait - surefooted) plus a utility for the same skill giving them 10secs or 12.5secs total if traited. Talk about carnage, they can also still move and it breaks stun. That's a profession that can truly cause serious damage compared to the guardian. I see absolutely no reason AT ALL for the version we have being so useless. 10 secs mobility and renewing virtues (does not even break stun) for an elite skill while another profession can get the same invulnerability with a utility and traits when they still have a seperate elite like "juggernaut". I fought a warrior who almost killed me cos at 25% HP endure pain activated then he popped the utility and finally went Juggy on me.

I had 23K HP as a defensive guard and he got me down to 2k and I'd used RF(10sec) for nothing, as it's not like it increased my health or nothing while I'm stuck in place squatting and straining like I needed to do a no. 2. Dude just waited me out and popped his utility when I was done ( I also foundout there's no cooldown period on Shrug it off, so if a warrior goes to 30% HP and then back to 25% this thing activates AGAIN), he opened up a 12 sec can of whoopass on me and then went Juggy to boot. I spent the fight trying to live as it was pointless fighting back for the initial 12secs and putting my skills on cd so I ran (he chased and knocked me down), I fought back when he went Juggy on me but in this 30 secs fight he was back at 90% HP while I was struggling...some people came to help otherwise I'd have taken a dirt nap and he still even got away. He was my buddy and we were testing the soldier classes but man was he loving it, he traited shouts to heal (every 25 sec), had 20sec cd on mending heals...i'm not complaining about the way the guardian plays but I wanna have as much fun as him lol

/2.5 cents

I was fighting.... someone in PvP, don't remember the class and what I did was; Activate Renewed Focus, whilst I was channeling that, I activated all my virtues so I gained aegis, a bit of health and burn on next hit, when the channeling finished, the guy hit me he burns 'cos I have "Aegis burns on removal" then I hit him because I get to burn him on next hit after using Justice, then I activate all my virtues again to get all that a second time and I kill him.

It worked fine for me.

Edited by Dirame, 06 May 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#13 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

I will never understand why it seems Anet just can't decide what they want to do w/the guardian. Warrior has long range options, invulnerablity and stability options while guardian has 1 stability utility on a long cd and for a melee class being knocked down by every class while having a sub-par elite that immobilizes you so everyone can gather to burn you in secs is not fun. I like the guardian's playstyle and i'm only interested in this profession and while overall I can take the beats and keep going, somethings just need rework and this is a serious one. I don't like the other 2 elites, as I just don't like standing around..not my personal playstyle so if this one could reworked for mobility i'm gd.

/2.5 cents

During the beta, in sPvP, I only had trouble with two professions: Warrior and Ranger. Ranger is obvious, and Warrior... well when I fought Warriors I experienced the same thing as you. Even our hardest hitting attack, Judgement (Tome of Wrath) is sub-par compared to what warriors can do. Their skill "Backbreaker" hits harder and gives a 2second knockdown. Using Tome of Courage seemed to only delay the inevitable, so Renewed Focus is really (and sadly) the best option in a 1v1 versus a Warrior. I only defeated Warriors with my Scepter/Focus and plenty of blind because melee wasn't an option. For us to do 75% of the damage that a ~20k health warrior can do, we have to gear/trait so that we only have ~12k health, in which case they steamroll us. 9k Eviscerate anyone?

If Renewed Focus was changed to what it was before (or to what has been suggested) then hopefully the above would change.

Edited by Alaroxr, 06 May 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#14 Silinsar

Silinsar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostAlaroxr, on 06 May 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

During the beta, in sPvP, I only had trouble with two professions: Warrior and Ranger. Ranger is obvious, and Warrior... well when I fought Warriors I experienced the same thing as you. Even our hardest hitting attack, Judgement (Tome of Wrath) is sub-par compared to what warriors can do. Their skill "Backbreaker" hits harder and gives a 2second knockdown. Using Tome of Courage seemed to only delay the inevitable, so Renewed Focus is really (and sadly) the best option in a 1v1 versus a Warrior. I only defeated Warriors with my Scepter/Focus and plenty of blind because melee wasn't an option. For us to do 75% of the damage that a ~20k health warrior can do, we have to gear/trait so that we only have ~12k health, in which case they steamroll us. 9k Eviscerate anyone?

If Renewed Focus was changed to what it was before (or to what has been suggested) then hopefully the above would change.

I wouldn't compare anything to Warrior's burst, it seemed to be too strong in the BWE. So I wouldn't take it as a reference when balancing professions and their skills.

#15 Dirame

Dirame

Golem Rider

• Community Contributors
  • 2241 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

In the last BWE, there were a lot of things that I wasn't expecting to still be there and there were a lot of things that didn't work at all. It led me to believe that they have a build with all the fixes but they decided to just keep this one for the first BWE. The reason why I think so is because things like the 12k eviscerate have been there since the press beta and some other things like, stacking certain things infinitely just made me think to myself... I can.... I can really do this? REALLY???! It's just a bit weird, I expected it to be reigned in a bit more but the freedom is astounding.

We'll see how things turn out in the next beta though.

#16 Ullysis

Ullysis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostDirame, on 06 May 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

This is inevitable but I do hope that people grade Guardians based on how good the players are at playing them. Then again, Guardians are the only class that have a skill that heals a 5 man party to full health so I wouldn't count them out. People might actually take them for that more than anything else.

I was fighting.... someone in PvP, don't remember the class and what I did was; Activate Renewed Focus, whilst I was channeling that, I activated all my virtues so I gained aegis, a bit of health and burn on next hit, when the channeling finished, the guy hit me he burns 'cos I have "Aegis burns on removal" then I hit him because I get to burn him on next hit after using Justice, then I activate all my virtues again to get all that a second time and I kill him.

It worked fine for me.

That would not have worked against an "invulnerable" warrior. While I was using RF, he just healed up and waited then popped endure pain utility when I was done since he can move while his invulnerability is active, so for 6.25 secs i'm just chopped liver. Your burns won't work and when you fight a juggernaut (after endure pain is over), not much matters as he can throw boulder and stomp to keep you knocked down, kick you then charge you and when he's back to normal "shrug it off" kicks in once again should he hit 25% HP. It's not impossible to fight and beat a warrior, i'm just saying counting on RF as it stands with us not being able to move gimps the elite. This elite like most other profession elites should give us options to fight or retreat we get neither.

#17 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

/2.5 cents

If it makes you feel better rangers with a GS can do as much if not more damage than a warrior. I want to be an offensive guardian so I know your pain. Ive seen a guardian actually do great with an offensive guardian using a GS but he only had about 11-12k hp, its not amazing but he did go 2v1 ALOT and won so I can post vid if ur interested.

#18 RamzaBehoulve

RamzaBehoulve

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

Renewed Focus, foolishly equiped it during my first fight when it became elite...then I removed it after that fight. What a pile of trash!

This indeed needs to be changed so we are mobile. As it is, it's completely useless sadly.

#19 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostRamzaBehoulve, on 06 May 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Renewed Focus, foolishly equiped it during my first fight when it became elite...then I removed it after that fight. What a pile of trash!

This indeed needs to be changed so we are mobile. As it is, it's completely useless sadly.

I would have instantly replaced it as well, but at first I thought it was being debuffed (debooned?) off of me somehow... when I realized that it was changed, I never equipped it again.

#20 Yorashi

Yorashi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostRamzaBehoulve, on 06 May 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Same here, I was like WTF is this useless elite shit. Standing around being able to do nothing but hold a capture points extra 4.5secs. Can't believe how a skill gets into the game like that.

#21 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostYorashi, on 06 May 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Same here, I was like WTF is this useless elite shit. Standing around being able to do nothing but hold a capture points extra 4.5secs. Can't believe how a skill gets into the game like that.

It wasnt like that, it did 10 secs of immunity before, which seemed good to me since 2 of those secs went into the cast time but they changed it for some reason. Anet will fix it dont worry, they want people to have options of elites not be pigeonholed into 1 like rangers with rampage as one. Im betting it gets a nice buff by next BWE.

#22 Yorashi

Yorashi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Yeah I know that is was different during closed beta, hence the WTF effect and how they can change it that way. Don't need a Dr. to be able to tell that elite is worthless compared to tome ofcourage.

#23 blakdoxa

blakdoxa

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1069 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 06 May 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

It wasnt like that, it did 10 secs of immunity before, which seemed good to me since 2 of those secs went into the cast time but they changed it for some reason. Anet will fix it dont worry, they want people to have options of elites not be pigeonholed into 1 like rangers with rampage as one. Im betting it gets a nice buff by next BWE.
When it was a utility, not only did it do that but it broke stuns too.

#24 Elend Venture

Elend Venture

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

The skill descriptions are so deceiving. When I first read what RF does as an Elite, I was like "ok, this seems a bit OP, let's try it".

But then in PvP I felt what most of you did. I actually hoped for a teammate to come and rescue me, while I channeled.

#25 Ullysis

Ullysis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostElend Venture, on 07 May 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

The skill descriptions are so deceiving. When I first read what RF does as an Elite, I was like "ok, this seems a bit OP, let's try it".

But then in PvP I felt what most of you did. I actually hoped for a teammate to come and rescue me, while I channeled.

In bold - that right there is just sad but true. We have an elite that requires you being rescued, read that and didn't know if to laugh or ...well laugh some more. Epic! Fortunately, i have a lot of faith in Anet and i'm confident they'll fix this but next time they do need to make the placeholders not so bad.

#26 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostUllysis, on 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

In bold - that right there is just sad but true. We have an elite that requires you being rescued, read that and didn't know if to laugh or ...well laugh some more. Epic! Fortunately, i have a lot of faith in Anet and i'm confident they'll fix this but next time they do need to make the placeholders not so bad.

Agree with you. Anet is the best in the business at fixing things that need fixing. They will make it worth by release date. Hopefully D3 proves interesting enough to hold me over till gw2.

#27 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1420 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

I tried it for a little bit during the BWE, it was of some use due to the CD's on virtues being longer then previously mentioned.

That said the cool down was long as hell & the invulnerability was too short to be of much use. Also the fact that it rooted you in place & that you could still be feared, knocked down or blown back during the ability just sucked.

Frankly I think they should make the virtue reset instant then have it cause the guardian to gain invulnerability & stability for 6-8 seconds or so (effected by the concentration stat of course).

Edited by ZCKS, 08 May 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#28 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yea they will fix it dont worry. I think its just being a placeholder.

#29 obsie

obsie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

What's the point of using this elite when you can use sanctuary and become completely tanky for at least half a minute?

Edited by obsie, 08 May 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#30 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

I hope that part of their reasoning for increasing the Virtue recharge wasn't to make Renewed Focus better by default... otherwise I'll feel so let down.