• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

A quick question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 NathanMurray

NathanMurray

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

Basically why did Anet not add dwarves as a playable race for GW2...no need to be harsh if it is a simple answer as I am really unsure why... :D

#2 Huginn

Huginn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Cuz from what we know, the dwarfs is almost gone/hiding 250 years on to the future.

#3 fenix

fenix

Come at me bro

• Site Contributors
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

Dwarves all turned to stone at the end of EOTN, which means they couldn't reproduce, so of course in 250 years, are all dead.

#4 NathanMurray

NathanMurray

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

...Well that just sucks bad...poor sterile guys...rest in peace my hard sterile friends :qq::qq:

#5 Semperfi Socius

Semperfi Socius

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

fenix said:

Dwarves all turned to stone at the end of EOTN, which means they couldn't reproduce, so of course in 250 years, are all dead.

I may be wrong, but there's a stone dwarf in the trailer which would suggest that they will live forever. After all, if their heart does not pump blood the only way for them to die would be in battle. As for them going into hiding, I guess we really can't tell. We know that at least one of them is on the frontline with what seems to be the commander; is it possible that they are literally immortal when facing mortal men and he is the commander's bodyguard?

"Those few individuals who can rightfully claim to have met a Dwarf in their lifetime are rare," suggests that only a handful of people have met a Dwarf, therefore there are probably under one-hundred Dwarves left. I think this is a more viable answer. I don't think the Dwarves will ever be "gone" and it clearly states that they are "finding battles to fight in the deep caverns" therefore not going into hiding. However, as a consequence of their fight with the destroyers their race will never rebuild as they can no longer reproduce. Assuming immortality and infertility, their race will forever remain at the same number which, judging by the lore we have, is a very low number. I may be wrong, though; we shall see.

Sources:
Posted Image

"The fight between the Dwarves and the Destroyers consumed the Dwarven race. Few lived to return to the surface and tell the tale of their victory—and those who did had been irrevocably altered. No longer made of flesh and bone, no blood pumped through their veins. Instead, they found their bodies composed entirely of stone surrounding nothing but cold, hard earth.
No longer interested in maintaining their solidarity as a race, these last Dwarves scattered across Tyria, finding battles to fight in the deep caverns or making new homes in far-flung hills, ever-watching the borders where caverns emerge into the surface world. Those few individuals who can rightfully claim to have met a Dwarf in their lifetime are rare, and all speak of the strange, driven passion that consumes these few survivors."

~Movement of the World        

#6 Rocdisjoint

Rocdisjoint

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

Nevermind dwarves what about Elonians, Canthans, Luxoms and Kurz?

#7 Neo Nugget

Neo Nugget

Quaggan Hipster

• Administrators
  • 2953 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

Rocdisjoint said:

The luxons and kurzicks were killed in the Movement of the World between GW1 and 2, so I doubt they'll be playable.

"The only difference, Connor - the only difference between myself and those you aid is that I do not feign affection."

#8 smithy

smithy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

Rocdisjoint said:

Elona has been overrun by Palawa Joko and Vabbi,Kourna and Istan are all vassal states,Cantha under Emperor Usoku became isolationist, expeling all non humans from within it's borders and also defeated the Kurzicks and Luxons,incorporating them into the nation of Cantha.Cantha is now cut off entirely by the Orrian dragon (Zhaitan?) and it's minions.

#9 wind rikey3

wind rikey3

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

Real?

Why did i see dwarf in the guild wars 2 picture?

I just looking.....Stand in knight's that dwarf!!

I think them turned to stone better for undead.

pic link http://wiki.guildwar...cept_art_05.jpg

Edited by wind rikey3, 24 August 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#10 leetjimis

leetjimis

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

wind rikey3 said:

Real?

Why did i see the dwarf in the guild wars 2 picture?

I just looking.....Stand in knight's that dwarf!!

I think them turned to stone better for undead.

Posted Image

yea looks like dwarfes are creatures made by stone now :eek:

#11 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

The five playable races in the initial release of Guild Wars 2 are the asura, charr, humans, norn, and sylvari.

took that from my first post in another thread. possibly meaning more to come with expansions/campaigns.