• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

Boons & Conditions - Live sPvP Podcast and more! | Master Thread

spvp pvp podcast stream boons conditions boons & conditions guild wars2 media video

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Faelor and this is the master thread for Boon & Conditions. I've started this master thread so we're not spamming this forum with updates.

BnC is a project that has evolved quite a bit from what the team thought it was going to be back in 2011. The website was started by former fan-site operators from various MMOs. After playing the game every beta weekend on minimal sleep and an ungodly amount of caffeine, we've fallen in love with Structured Player vs Player (sPvP). The website is now focused on this aspect of the game and will be presenting all future podcasts, interviews, guides, commentaries, shoutcasts, and other community-related events will reflect that.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions here or in private messages. I'm a fairly open person and love to engage with communities!

Edited by Faelor, 16 August 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#2 shyntyrr

shyntyrr

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BnC]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Confused by all of the Boons and Conditions in Guild Wars 2? Ever wanted to learn a bit more about them? MintyMint delves into the topic in the first part of his Guide to Boons and Conditions:

When looking at boons and conditions, it is really not much of a stretch to think buff and debuffs.  That’s basically what they are if we subtract the idea of control effects such as pushes things like dazes.  What makes these buffs and debuffs different in implementation from other games is that every profession has access to a majority of them.  This not only creates a fair environment but also allows for a bit of simplicity in designing skills.  It effectively lowers skill caps on playing the game but still supports the complexity for higher level play.

Check out the rest of his latest article - A Guide to Boons and Conditions Part 1: Complexity and Simplicity without the Mess!

#3 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Latest content release! Warrior support sPVP commentary from Qstrike!

As mentioned in the original post we're still seeking assistance! I should have emphasized this more in the vlog update, but one of the most critical positions we're looking to fill is a programmer. Someone who is more than willing to take the time, spill some blood, and help build the infrastructure for our new website. We'll be using established content management systems (CMS) as a backbone, but integrating and weaving them together seamlessly to present an enjoyable user experience is our goal.

I'm happy with the compliments we get regularly about the website looking different than others while presenting content across various media. We definitely appreciate it! We've made an honest effort to hit several platforms and see what works and what doesn't. However, now that the public has been drenched in pure hype (AKA; non-speculative, but actual excitement from playing the game), our goals have solidified and are growing.

I'm going to throw out some the things we're looking for. Note, while this is a fan-site that is technically considered a hobby, we're still very serious about reaching our goals. So yes, we're expecting quite a bit from canidates. If you feel overwhelmed by this list, feel free to apply anyways so we can talk!
  • Content management and community-centric systems experience with products such as vBulletin, Xenforo, WordPress, and Invision Power.
  • Familiarity with server-side technology including development, systems design, maintenance, and optimization.
  • Experience in optimizing web sites and related technologies for high-load environments.
  • An undying passion for Guild Wars 2.

Edited by Faelor, 19 May 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#4 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

http://www.gw2bnc.co...key-giveaway-3/

We are releasing 10 more beta weekend event keys in the next 24 hours. 5 through this giveaway, and then the remaining 5 through another giveaway that will be a bit more time-sensitive. I'll make another post when the fourth give away is live!

Alright, and here is the fourth contest.

So we have our third one which involves our YouTube channel, and this fourth one is asking forum users what gameplay elements they would like to see in future sPVP maps. Can't wait to read the replies!

Hope everyone is having fun with these giveaways!

#5 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Seeking sPVP footage

Hello one and all! While we are hard at work developing a new website and other exciting things, we're still seeking to expand our team! Despite our recent additions, we're needing even more skilled individuals who are interested in structured player vs player! If you're interested, check out our latest news post!

Boons & Conditions is looking to scoop up as much Grade-A sPVP footage as possible this weekend. There’s a variety of things we’ll be using the footage for, but it’s all dependent on what you send in. From showing off a new build that does exceptionally well to having our growing caster team commentate your match. If you’re part of a group and havemultiple people recording, we can take advantage of that. Due to the lack of spectator mode, we can go from one point of view to another to really immerse viewers in the match. We’ll even seeking interviews for those that are extremely skilled and can break down exactly what they did to achieve ultimate glory.

In addition to the footage, if you’re someone who wants to film or write guides, become a caster, stream matches, or in general can aid us in our effort to produce top-notch videos, let us know!

#6 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hello folks! I just released our latest video which is an overview of the support warrior in sPVP!

We also will be holding a contest for 25 beta keys! Details soon!

Edited by Faelor, 12 July 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#7 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

We have another 10 beta keys we're giving away, but the contest ends at midnight today! That's in 4.5 hours!

#8 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hello hello! I've just uploaded our first SPVP tournament episode! Much more to come!

#9 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hey folks! Here our the latest two videos! The first is episode two of our tournament series, and the second is our 9th podcast which is an interview with competitive sPvP team Super Squad who made a few headlines last week.

Have a good one and keep it heavy! \m/

"This is the second episode of our beta weekend event #3 structured player vs player tournament footage. While there are a handful of folks who love the unedited match footage, I’ll also be making some commentary videos as the requests for that style of video seem to be just as popular."

"This very special 9th episode of the Boons & Conditions podcast interviews the competitive sPvP team, Super Squad! Join myself (Faelor) and our wonderful guests; Izkimar (elementalist), Lastivka (guardian), and Lowell (thief) as we discuss who they are, their thoughts on Guild Wars 2, and the state of Guild Wars 2 as a serious e-sport."

#10 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hello folks! I'm streaming random sPvP footage from BWE3. Most of it is tournament footage, but there's the random games with RL buddies or testing builds in hot join games as well. I'm thinking about streaming all my footage until release, so if this goes well it'll be pure sPvP footage every day until August 25th.

On to the real news! Tonight (Monday, August 6th) at 8:30 PM PDT (ArenaNet time) we'll be doing a live podcast with special guests Alpha Collective and Super Squad, Both teams have established themselves in beta and we're happy to have them on the show (again). They're just as enthusiastic as we are about ensuring the game is successful at launch and grows into a viable e-sport come 2013. Aside from bringing great sPvP content, that's our number one goal. To ensure that happens, we need the community to work together. From providing content to showing good sportsmanship in-game.

If you have any questions for them tonight, please ask them here! We have a few from Twitter but would love to see more.

http://www.twitch.tv...nsandconditions

It's almost 5 AM here, I'm going to catch some ZZZs. ;)

- Erik / Faelor

#11 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hey folks! On Monday we had a live podcast that included our good friends, sPvP teams Alpha Collective and Super Squad! It was a longer show but there was a lot of topics to go through. To think that we still have a lot to talk about! Appreciate everyone who watched, I can't believe we had so many viewers during the show. The chatroom was alive!

More video releases this week on YouTube! Don't forget to subscribe there and follow on Twitch! :)

Edited by Faelor, 09 August 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#12 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Woo-hoo! Last night we recorded another live episode of Boons & Conditions! The chatroom and guests were fantastic. We managed to cover the professions; elementalist, engineer, ranger, and warrior. Each guest specializes in a profession and was able to provide insight on what's hot, and what's not.

The current plan to go live every Tuesday night at 9:00 PM PDT on our Twitch Channel. Again, big thanks to our guest Fredzw (of The Super Squad, and writer for Guild Wars Insider) for staying up so late as he lives in France!

Shownotes:
  • 3:20 News (brief; stress test, early launch, servers)
  • 5:22 Elementalist
  • 20:30 Engineer
  • 33:56 Ranger
  • 45:40 Warrior (with Christian Bale)
  • 58:20 Outro

Edited by Faelor, 16 August 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#13 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hey folks!

Just a reminder that in 3 hours (~9:00 PM PDT) we'll be going live with another episode! Expect new and old guests! Make sure to follow us on http://www.twitch.tv...nsandconditions to get an e-mail reminder when we go live!

#14 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

New and old faces showed up for episode 12, where we wrapped up the remaining professions we didn't cover last week! Representing vVv Gaming we had team manager Rinzler (thief) and Fearless (necromancer). From Guild Wars 2 Guru we had the head of sPvP, Frozire (mesmer). Returning to the show from episode 10 was Erho (guardian), now repping team Alpha Collective. Last but certainly not least, our long lost co-host Luperza returned!

Don’t forget we go live every Tuesday night at 9:00 PM PDT on our Twitch channel! The record shows can be viewed on our YouTube channel, so make sure you subscribe to see those as well as our upcoming guides, shoutcasts, and other goodies. Thanks to the chatroom for making it yet another enjoyable night! We love answering questions live!

Edited by Faelor, 22 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#15 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello! Has anyone here gotten any sleep? I know I'm running on fumes.

On Tuesday, when the game officially released, B&C did its scheduled live show. We had a quick show with a small audience as we all wanted to get back to the game! This week we had Alpha Collective's Zomoa return, and newcomer Hein from Impossible Odds. We covered how each profession is holding up in sPvP as well as some quick map discussion. Next week we'll get back to the meaty content; which will be easy since we will have been playing the game for nearly 2 weeks! See you in Tyria!

Edited by Faelor, 01 September 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#16 Faelor

Faelor

Boons and Conditions

• Community Contributors
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

It's Wednesday, so you know what that means! Last night Luperza and I were joined by Team Legacy (North America) members kwlpp and Mianhe. This show was a blast as we got to ask who they were before we headed to the main topic, "What Can ArenaNet Do To Improve sPvP and Make Guild Wars 2 an e-Sport?" Thanks again to the TL guys for hopping on, it was a really enjoyable recording.

*Apologies about the Skype and mIRC sounds. I'm on my new SSD and forgot to disable those.

5:02 Who is Team Legacy?
10:13 sPvP server stability
13:54 BnC tourneys & Dragon Arena shoutout
19:20 #GW2Ringer shoutout and how to find competitive sPvPers
21:40 Spectator mode  
28:04 Map discussion
33:03 Progression/snowball mechanics in GW2
34:49 Rating system
40:01 Faelor's rant on "What's Your Rank, Bro?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users