At around 11:10 and some other times
I thought that it had a lot of potential to be a long range weapon, fit in with the class and above all, look amazing. I started thinking about the skills you could have on it and came up with this skill bar:
1. Laser Pulse: Fire a beam that damages your foe and cause burning (maybe?). <- The further you are away the more damage it causes unless you are point blank where it causes huge damage. Similar to Mesmer greatsword auto skill.
2. Sine Wave: Fire a cone shaped wave of energy damaging foes caught in the blast. Allies caught in the blast lose 2 conditions <- Similar to Rangers 2nd shortbow skill without the poison but hits everyone in area, also long range so large cone out far side.
3. Blinding Surge : Blast target foe with a burst of energy, causing stun and daze <- Obviously daze longer than stun and little to no damage.
4. Overcharged Earth: Charge the earth with laser energy, causing foes entering it to be dazed, crippled and burned. Allies are given a short swiftness and vigour boost<- This would be a good AOE skill or a “wall” skill but with long recharge, daze would only work once per foe. Also look like a knee height chaos storm.
5. Hyper-Charge: Blast your foe with an extremely powerful blot of energy. Knocking them back and burning them. <- This would have a long cast time so easily interrupted but huge damage and range, also very difficult to dodge. Could also be called FIRING MA LAZOR.
Toolbelt skill. Discharge: Your next attack causes daze OR an AOE Daze/stun at your location. Not sure which but both maybe a little OP.
Here’s a possible skill bar and yes they are just recolored skills:
After deciding what skills there could be I started to wonder what it would look like. As you will see, I’m not the greatest artist XD but I think they get the point across:
An amazingly photo shopped Charr holding both; you will see my amazing skill XD:
There is only one thing I can think of why this isn’t the right kit, and this I that does it really fit with the engineer. I think it does, just. After all you are not using the magic really, just the crystals like the ones Asuras use to power their golems and if your using the Charrs flamethrower, why not an asuras laser?
By no means are these right and would like to know what skills you guys can come up with.
Edited by Shauntirb, 17 May 2012 - 01:49 PM.