• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

GW2 Modding Support

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deklin

Deklin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any info if GW2 will be moddable? I come from the WoW background where there were absolutely tons of mods. Some crap, some outstanding for WoW. I played GW1 but never looked to see if there was mod support. Anyone know if GW2 will have any support for modding?

#2 Izardoz

Izardoz

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1102 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

according to the EULA, no modding of any kind is allowed

that said, GW1's EULA said much the same thing; mods were not endorsed nor supported, but were 'allowed' ..at your own risk

You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCsoft, do any of the following:
(a) Misappropriate, violate or infringe any third-party IP right;
(b ) Use any NCsoft IP right except as permitted under this agreement or otherwise permitted in writing by NCsoft;
(c ) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;
(d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";

source:  Guild Wars 2 User Agreement

Edited by Izardoz, 24 May 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#3 Menehune

Menehune

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Specifically, Texmod was tolerated as it did not directly modify any game executables or assets. It was not "allowed" or "authorized". ArenaNet just chose not to actively ban it. Note that ArenaNet tolerating Texmod does not set a precedent. All mods are judged on a case by case basis. Any other mods that modify game executables or assets like graphic files AFAIK are banned.

#4 Scol

Scol

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

There will be nothing similiar to WoW addons, but if they make UI as customizable as customizable as in GW1 I don't think we'll need them. AH doesn't work the same way as it did in WoW so you won't need Auctioner-like addons, you don't have ~30 skills so addons like totem manager won't be needed etc.

#5 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Q&A is not the place to share your opinions on the nature of mods, be it in GW2 or in any other game. Please try to answer the post as much as possible. Otherwise, please don't post it here but make a thread for it in Tyrian Assembly, our general discussion forum.

Thanks.

Edited by Arduin, 24 May 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#6 Deklin

Deklin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Arduin; This thread was originally in Tyrian Assembly and someone moved it to this forum.

#7 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Okay, didn't notice that before posting my message. Still, you phrased your OP as asking a question, so Q&A is the place it should have been posted since it appears you were looking for a clear-cut answer, not a discussion.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#8 Drogon

Drogon

Fire & Blood

• Site Contributors
  • 2711 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostDeklin, on 24 May 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Arduin; This thread was originally in Tyrian Assembly and someone moved it to this forum.

Because your original post only has a question in it that can be directly answered. I'm also pretty sure that there are threads for this in TA already.