#63 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5200 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Agreed!  Looking forward to their story.   Those look like really amusing characters.

#64 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Tommy, I think you have a future in Dreamworks/Disney! O_O

#65 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostViatrix, on 12 November 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Tommy, I think you have a future in Dreamworks/Disney! O_O

Oh god, you can't imagine how much I hope so! :P

The story would be done for a final assignment, but I've been working on it before the final assignment even has been given, so perhaps I need to think of something else. It won't stop me from finished the story, you just might need to wait longer ;)

#66 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

A new landscape practice.

Posted Image

Edited by Tommy's, 18 November 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#67 Murke

Murke

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Your landscape practices  all look really nice, and the Gnomnom looks adorable. It makes me wish I had a plushie of it.

#68 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks Murke. Perhaps you can convince Koreena for a plushie ; )

Does anyone know how to change the title of a thread?

Accepting characters. No first come, first serve, so take your time to nicely present your character!

The upcoming time I'll be doing more environment integrated characters. These will be semi-speedpaintings, so nothing too detailed, it's all to focus on color and value. Would you like your character in one of these works, feel free to post your character. Sadly, I can already say that Charr have little chance reaching a feature ;)

When interested, please post a picture of your character, preferably front, side and back. Also, let me know in what area you're character would be most comfortable in. Additional information is much favored, I like characters with a story to them. The speak more to the imagination. So be creative! :D

When posting, please don't post because it's free. Consider that there are people who would much like this, it would be a shame if you took their chance. But of course, don't be too noble.
I won't give estimates on when something will be finished and I won't notify you that I chose your character. This is mostly to improve myself, I don't want to take any obligations on me.

And a final note: tips are much appreciated! Guild Wars can be quite expensive ;)

#69 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 413 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bone]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostTommy, on 26 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Does anyone know how to change the title of a thread?

Accepting characters. No first come, first serve, so take your time to nicely present your character!

Pm Kattar, Archaes I guess - but I like your thread title.

I don't have a lot of time to try and present my char but I will put her up anyway because what I like about her is her face and the way her hair frames it.  I like the fact that this face is a little more mature and has a few lines.  

I would very much like to see her in a christmassy setting ^^

not sure what you are asking for pics but I haven't played much so if you consider her, better check my bank balance first :P

Spoiler

Anita Sarkeesian at TEDxWomen 2012

Moderation related questions, or any query just contact me here

(I won’t do your maths homework!)

#70 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks Aero, thought I could change it myself, but if I need to bug other people with it, then no mind :)

Quick thingy I did today. Trying out a new brush.
Posted Image

#71 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Well, since you're the only one to seem interested, here's yours Aero :D
Not integrated in a setting, nor very christmassy, but your character just begged for a traditional portraiture.

Posted Image

#72 Invertation

Invertation

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lost]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

When posting, please don't post because it's free. Consider that there are people who would much like this, it would be a shame if you took their chance. But of course, don't be too noble.
I've already received some 4 or so scribbles from you, so I had to refrain.
If you're still going for references, however, I do know someone who's very interested but isn't quite sure how to ask. I'd be glad to mediate such a thing if you don't mind.

#73 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostInvertation, on 28 November 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

I've already received some 4 or so scribbles from you, so I had to refrain.
If you're still going for references, however, I do know someone who's very interested but isn't quite sure how to ask. I'd be glad to mediate such a thing if you don't mind.

Bring the mediation on ;)
And don't refrain from posting, because you already have work from me.

#74 Invertation

Invertation

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lost]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Well, I had errors sending a private message, so here's a chunk of text.

As per role of Mediator, I have the following information to offer you:

Aiyana Kes
Ref: Armor, Face, Glow Pattern
Bio: Aiyana is a Charismatic, Naiive, Energetic, Light-hearted, and Playful character. Definitely a well spirited sort, and well expressed in what she's thinking. She's a seeker of adventure, explorer of the world, and a bit a child at heart. She prefers warmer environments, and lives in a fine balance between city and nature.

She's offering full artistic license, so take all the liberties in design as you see necessary.

Now... If my name is still a possible, I'd be glad to offer one of my own characters (albeit, I'd still say lower priority).

Riisa Tepther
Ref: Armor 1, Armor 2, Face Profiles, Face Large
Notes: As you can see the previews here, these are armors I'm leaning towards for this character. I'm far underfunded for, and would welcome your choice of either one.
Bio: Riisa Tepther--a spirit of the Aether in physical form. Riisa is a highly reserved character, with current affiliation with the Priory. She speaks concisely, confidently, and only when necessary. Regarded by her Priory associates as an act of god, Riisa is considered a valuable asset in times of war with an incredible grasp of power over the elements that is on par with, and occasionally exceeding natural disasters. Riisa's place in combat is often refrained from until times of greatest need to avoid unneeded collateral damage. She often is found within the vast libraries of the Priory, reading through a pile of books at a time.

Hopefully this enough information for you. I'd be glad to supply more if needed.

#75 Hailfall

Hailfall

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

How about Shala?

Her love for the necromancy arts took her to Oola who was also trying to combine Necromancy with Golemancy. Secretly she experimented herself at an old golemsuit graveyard, where the old golems were discarded if they were no longer useful. What Shala did not know was that in the old golemsuit that she was trying to reanimate was the corpse of an female Asura. The experiment failed and Shala blacked out only to awake not in her own body but that of the asura.

This was just a set back to her quest, she will eventually, just like Oola combine Necromancy and Golemancy.

Charactername: Shala Jarias
Character Age: 30ish (although Necromancy stopped the aging process)
Class: Necromancer
Looks: Red dreads with a black hairband to keep them out of her face, under her mask she has pure white eyes, has several tribal-like scarifications on her body, inked with blood

#76 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Very cool character art!   I like the old-fashion traditional style you used in the last one.

You might start another thread for commissions/character art?   That usually gets people's attention.

Hmmm, I should put in a request myself before you do that :)   How about any of the cast from my Dynamic Events webcomic (Your choice)?   I always love seeing renditions of the characters by other artists.

BTW - did you ever say if have a DA site?

Edited by Doctor Overlord, 29 November 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#77 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Boot]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm always in awe of your character drawing skills. Really beautiful - I love the lighting and the colours!

Now to spam your thread with another possible character to draw!

Name: Mimir Fangrin
Class: Mesmer
Notes: Mimir is a descendant of my Elonian dervish, Cassia Fangrin. He has darker than average skin and Cassia's striking purple eyes (yes, he's eyecandy on purpose - if I'm going to play a male character, I'll make him look handsome dammit :P). Cassia's line had long basked in their descendant's passed glory, but eventually fell on hard times due to a few foolish investments and family scandals. One of these scandals was Mimir's mother running off with a poor academic, who died and left her with a two year old Mimir and a pile of debts. She ended up working at a brothel to support herself and her child since her family would not take back their disgraced daughter. Mimir mostly grew up on the streets, learning to survive no matter what. His mother often told him stories about the great hero Cassia and how grand their family had been once upon a time.

Mimir is a very charismatic, driven individual. On the outside, he's generally calm and good humored, but on the inside he seems to constantly be working toward some goal, never really fully relaxed. He is very good at politics and manipulation. He has gained popularity and the goodwill of several nobles, but resents how they always look down on him behind his back and how his mother's family completely ignores his presence. He is determined to do something great, something to make him worthy of the kind of reverence Cassia once held and to prove to everyone that they're wrong about him and his mother.  

He has a half-sister from his mother's previous marriage. His mother had been married two years and borne a daughter before running off with Mimir's father.

Reference: Screenie Face reference

I also have a norn, but not debuting her for drawing yet because I'm re-designing her tattoos. Didn't entirely like the ones they had available in character creation for females, there was too much skin showing and not enough ink.

Edited by Perynne, 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#78 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostTommy, on 28 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Not integrated in a setting, nor very christmassy, but your character just begged for a traditional portraiture.

Posted Image

My goodness, this is so beautiful! I'd try for a spot but you already spoiled me. So I'll let you spoil someone else.

Still really love that painting <3

#79 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostInvertation, on 29 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Riisa Tepther

Your character just perfectly fits a scene I had in mind, so you're in luck again ;)

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

You might start another thread for commissions/character art?   That usually gets people's attention.

Hmmm, I should put in a request myself before you do that :)   How about any of the cast from my Dynamic Events webcomic (Your choice)?   I always love seeing renditions of the characters by other artists.

BTW - did you ever say if have a DA site?

No need to start a second thread, doing this for people that are interested, not for the profit anyway. No harm in coming up with characters myself if these don't get me going.
I'll surely consider the Norn woman from your comic, though how would she fit in a more serious battle-like scene?
And you need to explain that last sentence to me ;)

Thanks for all the comments everyone btw!
Wintersday time soon o__o

#80 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

DA = Deviant Art.   A website where artists post their works. I should have asked if you had a DA page, not site.

http://www.deviantart.com/

#81 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 30 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

DA = Deviant Art.   A website where artists post their works. I should have asked if you had a DA page, not site.

http://www.deviantart.com/
I sure have. Somehow I thought you were watching me, hence I didn't get what you meant.
My deviantart is tomvanrheenen.deviantart.com, where you can favorite my latest work ;)

Posted Image

#82 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Spam spam spam.
Planning on doing a piece inspired by Divinities Reach soon, some small doodle to get into the spirit before bedtime.
Posted Image

#83 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

I had not visited your DA page before, that is an error that I have corrected :)  

Very cool new pieces.  I wonder who gets to sweep up all the confetti flying around Divnity's Reach?

#84 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 413 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bone]

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

omg Tommy - that's gorgeous :)

I really love the colouring and what you did with her hair.
you erased her wrinkles though ^^

Anita Sarkeesian at TEDxWomen 2012

Moderation related questions, or any query just contact me here

(I won’t do your maths homework!)

#85 Momochi7

Momochi7

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Exceptional work, i'm trying to better my drawing skills, but i tend to go more sci-fi than this, but thats cool too. I should start doing doodle/sketch sessions aswell, it really does help :) still tackling anatomical correctness and proportions and slowly starting to do dimensions and landscapes.. which can be reaaally fun actually.
-quick question do you use Photoshop or?

#86 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostMomochi7, on 01 December 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

Exceptional work, i'm trying to better my drawing skills, but i tend to go more sci-fi than this, but thats cool too. I should start doing doodle/sketch sessions aswell, it really does help :) still tackling anatomical correctness and proportions and slowly starting to do dimensions and landscapes.. which can be reaaally fun actually.
-quick question do you use Photoshop or?

Thanks :) Open up a thread here in the Library too, you'll see these people can motivate you.
And yes, I use Photoshop. Nothing else really, I tried Painter, but it's too slow to me. So just photoshop and some nice brushes.

#87 Momochi7

Momochi7

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostTommy, on 01 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Thanks :) Open up a thread here in the Library too, you'll see these people can motivate you.
And yes, I use Photoshop. Nothing else really, I tried Painter, but it's too slow to me. So just photoshop and some nice brushes.

Thank you for the quick reply :) as it is now i have plenty of motivation but the people here are really nice so i might start one when i get better and can really deliver. As it is now, I don't have enough confidence and knowledge in Photoshop to carry over my pencil works, but ill get there, practice practice practice!

#88 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostMomochi7, on 01 December 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Thank you for the quick reply :) as it is now i have plenty of motivation but the people here are really nice so i might start one when i get better and can really deliver. As it is now, I don't have enough confidence and knowledge in Photoshop to carry over my pencil works, but ill get there, practice practice practice!

Good luck, and it you happen to have a question in which I can help out, don't hesitate to ask :)

#89 Gumboots

Gumboots

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Aph]

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

Oooh i love this! Fantastic light rendering around the eye and mouth, it really makes it that much more convincing

#90 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Gum :)

Quick colorstudy, using some calm colors.
Posted Image

Edit: another quick drawing, Tom Scholes inspired. 5 minutes thumbs are much fun!

Posted Image

Still can't think of a good idea for Wintersday :/ Currently thinking of a Christmas Market or something, kind of like Theo Prins' concept art.

Edited by Tommy's, 04 December 2012 - 08:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users