Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

The Lincolncast

Hey guys!

I would like to introduce the Guild Wars 2 Guru community to The Lincolncast - something we've been working on for a while now over at Giant Bomb. This is a Guild Wars 2 podcast with a slight difference - for one, we're not politically correct in any way and definitely earn our explicit tag on iTunes. (The name derives from our guild, Lincoln Force)

We love Guild Wars 2, but don't take ourselves too seriously, so be warned, we tend to emphasise fun rather than 100% factual information. So! Grab a beer, put your feet up and give us a listen if you want to let off some steam (oh, and this is probably not suitable for kids).

Latest Episode

The Lincolncast Episode 27: Rockin'

An interesting episode this week as Shinboy regales us with tales of Hurricane Sandy, almost everyone else weighs in on Dishonoured and Assassins Creed and at some point we talk about Guild Wars 2. Specifically, news revolves around Arenanet's response to the disaster, the new content patch coming out soon and speculation as to how that will continue forward.

Also, subscribe to the show!

iTunes | RSS

Streaming (audio only):

Show Notes

Intro music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance

Featured Members:  Dourin, selfconfessedcynic , No0b0rAmA , Thurbleton , Rvaan & Shinboy630

Run time: 2:49:45

Topics for the week:
  • Looks like we're forming a pattern. The first half or so (1:15) is non-Guild Wars 2 related. Deal with it.
  • Arenanet does something nice-ish for those effected by Hurricane Sandy.
  • Beached Whales are apparently signs of something good to come.
  • What would we like to see going forward?
Plugs!
Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - [email protected] or @TheLincolncast on Twitter.

Subscription:
iTunes | RSS

Direct Download:
Podbean Direct Download Link

Mobile Site (for streaming):
Hosted by Podbean

Listen to past episodes...

Edited by selfconfessedcynic, 09 November 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#2 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanks to everyone who listened last week!

I've updated the main post with the latest episode (6 - Beta Recommendations and E3) along with a couple of options for how to get it (only half of it is GW2 stuff).

Enjoy!

#3 B0nKuZ

B0nKuZ

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

turkey turkey turkey, listened to the e3 part after microsoft/sony conference was amusing seeing how much you got right/wrong

#4 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hah - we got the most important things wrong - no new console hints! Aside from that, though, Dourin totally called the Halo 4 opening to Microsoft's press conference, and we both got it right when it came to their content.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the show.

#5 Dourin

Dourin

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yeah, and I'd have to go check the tape to verify, but I believe I even called that Microsoft would end on Black Ops 2 as well, though I expected a better showing than "this is how sniping works in this Call of Duty."  On the subject of the conferences, though, I have to say, I was amazed at the breadth of content Sony has lined up for what is likely to be the final stretch for the PS3.  After seeing the gameplay demo they showed for The Last of Us, I may have to just go on blackout until it's released so as not to spoil any more of that game for myself than I might already have.

That said, I am honestly floored that someone actually listened to us ramble on about E3 predictions for as long as we did, and truly hope you and others enjoy what we're doing.

#6 Brohan_Solo

Brohan_Solo

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

The Live Stream is up now! Listen to us talk about unrelated banter to a Guild Wars 2 stream.

http://www.guildwars...he-lincolncast/

#7 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Righto!

I've upped the latest episode (7), which is an archive of our live stream last week.

Enjoy!

(Also, thanks again to those who have listened and/or subscribed)

#8 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

Episode 8 is posted.

Short stretch between these two - will be going back to the usual timings next week.

Peace.

#9 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

aaand Episode 9 is up!

Have fun y'all!

#10 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

The exciting EP 10 is now posted.

Cheers everyone - off to take a nap : )

#11 Slashiroth

Slashiroth

Vanguard Scout

• New Members
  • 417 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Interesting, I'll give this a listen in a few.

@Slashiroth

Still...not...80...T...T

#12 Space

Space

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YaK]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

really enjoy the pod fellas, will have to catch up with the previous episodes.

#13 Branwulf

Branwulf

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Profession:Guardian

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Where did you get the idea that the dungeons will be required as part of the personal story? I refuse to believe that ANet will do that, it makes no sense at all.

There is no chance that any of it will be group content I'm certain.

#14 Brohan_Solo

Brohan_Solo

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostBranwulf, on 03 July 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

Where did you get the idea that the dungeons will be required as part of the personal story? I refuse to believe that ANet will do that, it makes no sense at all.

Yeah I totally dropped the ball on that. I assumed that because the main story of Guild Wars 2 involves getting Destiny's Edge back together that this seemed like something that was apart of that quest chain. Hey, you know what they say about assumptions, you're always wrong.

Edited by Brohan_Solo, 03 July 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#15 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostBranwulf, on 03 July 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

View PostBrohan_Solo, on 03 July 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Yeah I totally dropped the ball on that. I assumed that because the main story of Guild Wars 2 involves getting Destiny's Edge back together that this seemed like something that was apart of that quest chain. Hey, you know what they say about assumptions, you're always wrong.

Hah, yeah *points finger* Its all his fault!!!!!! (nah - though Brohan IS Noob from the show)

However, there is this quote from the wiki;
"It should be noted that personal storylines and dungeon stories are parallel: the dungeon story mode does not affect a player's advancement in a personal story except for the very last mission which takes place in a dungeon."

So to some extent, the discussion we had isn't completely invalid.

Edited by selfconfessedcynic, 03 July 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#16 Mesenet

Mesenet

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[UTA]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

in episode 10 you state that pre-orders as well as pre-purchase get access to headstart, can you tell me where you got this information from as i have pre-ordered from amazon and will not receive access to headstart, im assuming if this is true you must pre-order from somewhere specific..

#17 Dourin

Dourin

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostMesenet, on 03 July 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

in episode 10 you state that pre-orders as well as pre-purchase get access to headstart, can you tell me where you got this information from as i have pre-ordered from amazon and will not receive access to headstart, im assuming if this is true you must pre-order from somewhere specific..
According to Amazon's preorder page, you should receive access to the headstart, as well as access to the BWE's.  I verified this in the thread I created on Giantbomb, located here.  How long ago did you preorder it?  If it was before they started allowing preorders to get into the BWE's and headstart, you may need to contact Amazon's customer service to get it sorted out.

#18 Mesenet

Mesenet

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[UTA]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostDourin, on 03 July 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

According to Amazon's preorder page, you should receive access to the headstart, as well as access to the BWE's.  I verified this in the thread I created on Giantbomb, located here.  How long ago did you preorder it?  If it was before they started allowing preorders to get into the BWE's and headstart, you may need to contact Amazon's customer service to get it sorted out.

Ah thats a shame, it appears the offer is only available in US.

#19 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Episode 11 is now live!

Thanks to all of last week's new listeners, hope to see y'all return.

#20 Sovi

Sovi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Just finished listening to the latest episode and enjoy the dynamic (fancy word for how the various participants work together to discuss toward a point), various opinions and topics discussed. With so many people involved it is really hard to not have voice cross-over. Keep up the great work :)

P.S. What are you feeding Noob and can I have some ;)

Edited by Sovi, 12 July 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#21 Bucks

Bucks

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Only four minutes into the latest ep and already loving it.

Thank you guys so much for this incredible contribution to the community. I believe 'The Lincolncast' is one of the best podcasts on Guild Wars 2 right now. It's refreshingly unique in its dynamic and I love how sincere, passionate and devoted you guys are. Most importantly, it's a good mash-up of all kinds of opionions blended well with the occasional (and absolutely appropriate!) amount of love-based bias towards the game. Great work, please keep it up!

#22 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostSovi, on 12 July 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Just finished listening to the latest episode and enjoy the dynamic (fancy word for how the various participants work together to discuss toward a point), various opinions and topics discussed. With so many people involved it is really hard to not have voice cross-over. Keep up the great work :)

P.S. What are you feeding Noob and can I have some ;)

View PostBucks, on 14 July 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

Only four minutes into the latest ep and already loving it.

Thank you guys so much for this incredible contribution to the community. I believe 'The Lincolncast' is one of the best podcasts on Guild Wars 2 right now. It's refreshingly unique in its dynamic and I love how sincere, passionate and devoted you guys are. Most importantly, it's a good mash-up of all kinds of opionions blended well with the occasional (and absolutely appropriate!) amount of love-based bias towards the game. Great work, please keep it up!
Thank you both for your kind comments.
  • Noob is on a regular diet of his own homebrew mix of Speed and Angel Dust - he calls it "special stuff" though I insist it should be "Angel Speed"
  • @ Bucks - I hope the rest of the show lived up to the first 4 mins : )

#23 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

And Episode 12 is now live!

Cheers all, and thanks for the listens.

#24 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Episode 14: Olympic Edition is up and ready to go. Also, if you missed the live show last week (episode 13), I have included a link and embed of it.

Cheers!

#25 Cryptshadow

Cryptshadow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Good show , still think asura are fugly et spawn with big egos !  And the g600 mouse is pretty much the same size as a razer naga ( from videos i have watched ). And i like my razer molten edition  i like my awesome red lights, but whenever i am able to i will probably buy the g600 becuase from reviews it seems the side buttons are easy to recognize , which for me is good since i still sometimes missclick stuff.
And rawson is one negative nancy.

#26 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Oh god Episode 15 is... special.

Enjoy!

#27 Targanwolf

Targanwolf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I listened to the very first part of the latest podcast .I had already bookmarked the site so I could listen to future broadcasts.The cursing and sexual references were so repulsive I stopped listening and deleted the bookmark.

#28 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostTarganwolf, on 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

I listened to the very first part of the latest podcast .I had already bookmarked the site so I could listen to future broadcasts.The cursing and sexual references were so repulsive I stopped listening and deleted the bookmark.
Thanks for the feedback!

My only response would be to say that the cursing and sexual references we do in this podcast are entirely intentional and is an element of how we carry ourselves that will not change. If you were offended, I apologize, but aside from that I am happy that you have discovered that the podcast is not for you and am thankful you at least checked it out.

If, on the other hand, you felt that we did not pre-disclose elements of the show which may have shocked you (for example, I have included Explicit and Adult warning tags where possible, and outlined the first segment rather accurately in the show notes without being explicit there as well), then I am open to suggestions for future reference as to how I can improve our communication.

Edited by selfconfessedcynic, 11 August 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#29 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

If you're deciding on what race to pick or just wondering what our thoughts are on the subject, we go waaaaay too deep on Episode 16: Races and Cupcakes.

Have fun!

Edited by selfconfessedcynic, 15 August 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#30 selfconfessedcynic

selfconfessedcynic

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yay - episode 17 is finally fully up.

Check it out if you want to find out how we think GW2 will fare over its first 9 months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users