• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Looking forward to the guild aspect!

Guild Clan Group Party friends PvP Dungeon.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Reenok

Reenok

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

I am personally really looking forward to the guild aspect of guild wars 2. I think it will give guilds plenty to do and a lot more reason to get involved.

I'd like to think there is going to be a land ownership kind of deal. Which I have seen in some F2P MMo's.

What are your thoughts or opinions?

#2 vylettes

vylettes

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostReenok, on 30 May 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

I am personally really looking forward to the guild aspect of guild wars 2. I think it will give guilds plenty to do and a lot more reason to get involved.

I'd like to think there is going to be a land ownership kind of deal. Which I have seen in some F2P MMo's.

What are your thoughts or opinions?

Land ownership is a great way to keep people active/playing/subs open. I know that I kept my DAOC and UO accounts open a lot longer than I actually would have to keep my houses lol.

If people had to log in to take care of their land/houses it gives you a sense of ownership and you never really stray far from the game as you don't wanna lose your stuff :)

#3 Reenok

Reenok

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yes and it would actually give people a reason to invest in the guild. Like getting actual return from the village/town.. your guild controls. (unlike WoW, where you end up spending 1000's of gold on bank slots).

I think it will bring players closer and keep them together as well. When they actually 'Need' to work together to be the best of the best and get all they can from the guild.

I am honestly so excited for the beta and the actual release.

#4 paulhaley2000

paulhaley2000

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

I think guilds being able to own bases in wvw will be neat. Bunch of guild headquarters on the map requesting aid from others, etc. being able to join multiple guilds will be cool to. Be in a big guild and a guild of only rl frens will be neat. I'd like to see some kinda guild castle or something instanced for each guild that they could personalize. Maybe even on down the line implement a guild wars function where guilds can fight each other on their castles etc

#5 Reenok

Reenok

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postpaulhaley2000, on 30 May 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

I think guilds being able to own bases in wvw will be neat. Bunch of guild headquarters on the map requesting aid from others, etc. being able to join multiple guilds will be cool to. Be in a big guild and a guild of only rl frens will be neat. I'd like to see some kinda guild castle or something instanced for each guild that they could personalize. Maybe even on down the line implement a guild wars function where guilds can fight each other on their castles etc

This is a very very good idea. It reminds me of a manga I read. About an MMO. Where they do literally get a castle which they have to put funds into fortify and which will be sieged by other players over time.

#6 Jaehan

Jaehan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1617 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostReenok, on 30 May 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

This is a very very good idea. It reminds me of a manga I read. About an MMO. Where they do literally get a castle which they have to put funds into fortify and which will be sieged by other players over time.

I'm assuming that's Half-Prince?

But yes. If it was something like that, I'd foam and drool.

#7 Reenok

Reenok

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostJaehan, on 30 May 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'm assuming that's Half-Prince?

But yes. If it was something like that, I'd foam and drool.

You assume correctly.