• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Craywulf

Craywulf

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5268 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

There's no advice needed, it's obvious your Intel® Graphics Card with 1696 MB memory isn't good for GW2. You decide how you want to fix the situation. One thing is for sure is you can't replace graphics card because it's integrated into the motherboard. That's the curse of most laptops, which is the reason why many gamers prefer desktops. But there are gaming laptops out there, they aren't cheap. I don't think it's fair to ask posters what you should do about it, that's up to you on how to remedy the situation. It's your money and your prerogative.

Your minimum requirements for for graphics cards are: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better).

It's my personal opinion that Intel graphics cards just don't cut it for any graphically intense game. So I tend avoid them like plague.

#32 28six12

28six12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Your graphic card is very poor and will not run a very intensive game like guild wars smoothly. However, here's some tings you could try.

Turn off Aero, and use the old windows 98 theme.
Go to power properties and make sure it,s at high performance, not power saving or balanced.
Make sure your graphic drivers are up to date.
Play the game in a lower screen resolution

Hope some of that helps a bit.
( Sorry, I use Linux so I can't help with exact step by step instructions )

Also open up your laptop and clean all the dust.

edit:
http://www.mmogames....moother-windows

temporarily turning off mal ware and virus scanner might help too, since your graphic card is very weak the CPU does a lot of the work, and scanners can use up the cpu a lot sometimes.

Edited by 28six12, 22 June 2012 - 08:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users