Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

Post you PvP ranked gear pictures [Image Heavy]

rank pvp armor gear screenshot

  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostYourBadKarma, on 11 June 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

100000x more interesting than the old glory-grind system.

Enjoying farming and getting nothing, oh yes indeed.

#62 brianrago

brianrago

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Can dyes be used on pvp gear?

#63 Vapor

Vapor

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Location:NC USA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

View Postbrianrago, on 12 June 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Can dyes be used on pvp gear?
Yea they can. Though it does not show up in matches obviously, replaced by red/blue.

#64 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

I kept getting dumb sh*t from the vendors that I couldn't use, and the stuff I could, looked stupid, so I just rolled with the default gear lol. They really need to get rid of the random factor. What use do I have for gear that my profession can't use? I can't sell it, so my only other option is to discard it.

You should be able to choose whatever gear you want, not have to waste time opening random chests hoping to get a full set of something.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 12 June 2012 - 11:43 PM.


#65 Deyadissa

Deyadissa

    Sylvari Specialist

  • New Members
  • 662 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Htrd]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostVapor, on 12 June 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:


Yea they can. Though it does not show up in matches obviously, replaced by red/blue.

I heard they were planning to change this though, it only dyes blue and red for now.

View PostUssjTrunks, on 12 June 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

I kept getting dumb sh*t from the vendors that I couldn't use, and the stuff I could, looked stupid, so I just rolled with the default gear lol. They really need to get rid of the random factor. What use do I have for gear that my profession can't use? I can't sell it, so my only other option is to discard it.

You should be able to choose whatever gear you want, not have to waste time opening random chests hoping to get a full set of something.

What's the point to complaining? You get a max level character which is over 20+ hours of saved time, theres no gear grinding to get marginal stat gains just for tournaments.


If you where to compare this to World of Wacraft, just to get ax level alone would take atleast 3-6 days of played time. Then you have to worry about gear grinding, which can be difficult if you're Horde. Before you know it, to get the armor two tiers below on ONE character, you've wasted over 100 hours!

There's no point of complaining about the gearing system because the gear system itself doesn't give you any benefit except cosmetic looks. The more glory you recieve, your rank goes up and you'll face the same opponenets with roughly the same rank points as you for a challenging match.


We have no clie how the mystic forge will really work, who knows it might actually benefit us?


In the original Guild Wars, I was able to get 30 HoM point just by doing Player versus Player and story mode. The Player versus Player matches gave me enough gold from obtainiable consumables, to buy out thousands  of platinum.

Edited by Deyadissa, 13 June 2012 - 05:38 AM.

It's ok to be takei rank 32 guardian

#66 Mad Silver Monk

Mad Silver Monk

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 514 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GS]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

http://imgur.com/a/OF2pr#27

From Tournment Chests. Not Glory Chest.

#67 Nords21

Nords21

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[TF]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostGoodhugh, on 09 June 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

So wait.  

PvE grants karma.  The karma system allows you to purchase the items of your choice from various karma vendors.

PvP grants glory.  The glory system allows you to purchase boxes with random pvp gear from glory vendors?

Yes, but Karma gear has stats and improvements on them, PvP gear is strictly cosmetic.

#68 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

It's kinda funny, I saw a guardian wearing some of the most prestigious armor in a battle, and he just refused to die and I thought to myself "Damn him and his OP gear, he's being carried by it" then I realized he wasn't dying becasue he's just awesome and the gear does nothing for him xD

#69 vermilion

vermilion

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Peace Keepers weapons are so cool!
If I can't get them in PVE I just have to start liking PVP.
For the glory!

#70 iLag

iLag

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1063 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[NoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostAndrew Brown, on 12 June 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Enjoying farming and getting nothing, oh yes indeed.
It's farming for fun. If you play games for fun then you will like this system. Also you do get things, you get cosmetic improvements and the glory of being superior than others.

If you think you need item stat advantages than other people to win evenly matched games why do you even play games? Why do you play games when all you wan't is imbalance?

#71 Xenon147

Xenon147

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Mech]

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postdnoisette, on 09 June 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Good Lord...I thought I could safely assume that I was done with random with GW2. That sort of system is just plain bad. I hope they change it back to what it was before...

I agree. The Mystic Forge and chests provide plenty for randomness. For such a strict, balanced, well-developed sPvP, it seems like this random way of getting gear follows the complete opposite philosophy.

View PostiLag, on 14 June 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

It's farming for fun. If you play games for fun then you will like this system. Also you do get things, you get cosmetic improvements and the glory of being superior than others.

If you think you need item stat advantages than other people to win evenly matched games why do you even play games? Why do you play games when all you wan't is imbalance?

Wait, so all of the gear you get at random is cosmetic only? You can still get the balanced, max stat PvP gear normally? If so then it's not as huge a deal as I thought it was. Still, it will be frustrating to get the same boots 3 times in a row when the only part of a set you have left to collect is the helm or something.

Edited by Xenon147, 14 June 2012 - 08:13 AM.


#72 iLag

iLag

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1063 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[NoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostNords21, on 14 June 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

Yes, but Karma gear has stats and improvements on them, PvP gear is strictly cosmetic.

Someone that want's fun, fair, balanced and enjoyable PvP should easily understand the reasoning behind this.
Lol.

What they could however is special minis we can get from it and some town clothes

View PostXenon147, on 14 June 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I agree. The Mystic Forge and chests provide plenty for randomness. For such a strict, balanced, well-developed sPvP, it seems like this random way of getting gear follows the complete opposite philosophy.



Wait, so all of the gear you get at random is cosmetic only? You can still get the balanced, max stat PvP gear normally? If so then it's not as huge a deal as I thought it was. Still, it will be frustrating to get the same boots 3 times in a row when the only part of a set you have left to collect is the helm or something.

Yea all the gear you get is purely cosmetic from PvP. Also they changed it so people wouldn't complain about how they have every piece of armour  and they have nothing to play PvP for

#73 dnoisette

dnoisette

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 336 posts
  • Location:France (at the moment)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostXenon147, on 14 June 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Wait, so all of the gear you get at random is cosmetic only? You can still get the balanced, max stat PvP gear normally? If so then it's not as huge a deal as I thought it was. Still, it will be frustrating to get the same boots 3 times in a row when the only part of a set you have left to collect is the helm or something.

That's specifically the part I'm worried about. Well not worried: annoyed. I'm this type of person that likes to get rewarded for what I do and randomness is something I have a hard time accomodating with.

#74 Haterx732

Haterx732

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 441 posts
  • Location:Looking For Strange

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

Personally I think they did this to keep more people playing sPvP for a longer period of time.

#75 MikeT

MikeT

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 721 posts
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

I understand that aesthetic is all about different taste and to each his own.
BUT I really hope there will be weapon skins with a sense of scale other than those RIDICULOUS GIGANTIC ones shown here.
Most of them are just plain UGLY.

If I want my toon to wield a sword, I don't want an ironing-board or some kind of furniture!!
Most of the weapon look like scrap metal too!

Most of the armor pieces look great, though.

Edited by MikeT, 14 June 2012 - 01:06 PM.


#76 DrStrange

DrStrange

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostMikeT, on 14 June 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

I understand that aesthetic is all about different taste and to each his own.
BUT I really hope there will be weapon skins with a sense of scale other than those RIDICULOUS GIGANTIC ones shown here.
Most of them are just plain UGLY.

If I want my toon to wield a sword, I don't want an ironing-board or some kind of furniture!!
Most of the weapon look like scrap metal too!

Most of the armor pieces look great, though.

Haha yeah I agree. I really hate the art style of pretty much every item shown here so far. It reminds me of final fantasy with the oversized swords and whatnot.I like the game but I hate the art style.

#77 NeHoMaR

NeHoMaR

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1308 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

This "PvP rewards" are just all skins (the same) also available in PvE? Something like Tolkano (GW1)?

If I am right, the only you can do is use the skins in sPvP.

#78 JP Blackout

JP Blackout

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Does anyone have a picture of this armor on a female character? Im specifically talking about the legs Posted Image

#79 Leeto

Leeto

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Lemarchand's box
  • Guild Tag:[BONE]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostAndrew Brown, on 12 June 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Enjoying farming and getting nothing, oh yes indeed.
Maybe stop god damn farming and just play the game? This system even tries to prevent people from farming cause they cant just go for specific gear they engage in PVP and then just get rewarded, 100x better system then "check out vendor for what you want>return 30k glory points later>buy item> go farm next one". For me it was fun too see what im getting + getting stuff for chars im not even on + fun of making nice set from items you have and trying to make it matching with dyes.

#80 chase128

chase128

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Since the PvP gear you get is only cosmetic, you can store it in your locker for any of your characters to use, and gear you don't want can be salvaged into other stuff....

I'm okay with it being random.

#81 Kalfer

Kalfer

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostXenon147, on 14 June 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Wait, so all of the gear you get at random is cosmetic only? You can still get the balanced, max stat PvP gear normally? If so then it's not as huge a deal as I thought it was. Still, it will be frustrating to get the same boots 3 times in a row when the only part of a set you have left to collect is the helm or something.

no more frustrating than getting multiple identical versions of the same loot in PvE I reckon?

I find it hard to care to much about this stuff because;


a) GW has never been about gear progression like WoW and Diablo.


B) I am much more interested in fewer armors of much more high quality combined with the amazing 400+ dye system.


the dye possibilities in this game is truly. truly above and beyond anything else.

View Postchase128, on 14 June 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Since the PvP gear you get is only cosmetic, you can store it in your locker for any of your characters to use, and gear you don't want can be salvaged into other stuff....

I'm okay with it being random.

Me too. I saw someone complaining about "not everyone plays multiple characters".


its just like in the pve world. you dont only find stuff that your own character can use. Seriously man. Some people are super self entitled and take everything personal.

#82 SpyderArachnid

SpyderArachnid

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 417 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostKalfer, on 14 June 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

its just like in the pve world. you dont only find stuff that your own character can use. Seriously man. Some people are super self entitled and take everything personal.

I think the main issue was, in PvE, you spend your PvE currency for specific gear that you want. There is no random roll of the dice in hopes you get something. Even max level PvE gear, you get exactly what you want buy buying the exact gear you want with your PvE currency.

But in PvP, you spend your PvP currency for random gear. You can't pick the exact gear you want, you have to deal with the random roll of the dice in hopes it is something that you need. Everything is random in PvP, instead of like PvE where you can buy the exact piece you need.

#83 Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostLeeto, on 14 June 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Maybe stop god damn farming and just play the game? This system even tries to prevent people from farming cause they cant just go for specific gear they engage in PVP and then just get rewarded, 100x better system then "check out vendor for what you want>return 30k glory points later>buy item> go farm next one". For me it was fun too see what im getting + getting stuff for chars im not even on + fun of making nice set from items you have and trying to make it matching with dyes.

Oh he mad, look at him raging at the forum for people putting out their thoughts.. Get real boy.

#84 Magnetaire

Magnetaire

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 381 posts
  • Location:Toronto

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

They supplemented the conquest system that they knew people would get bored playing with a randomized glory dump.

I SEE NCSOFT AT PLAY!

#85 YourBadKarma

YourBadKarma

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostAndrew Brown, on 12 June 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Enjoying farming and getting nothing, oh yes indeed.
The system isn't complete. They intend to allow you to salvage multiple unwanted items for more items. It's much more interesting and satisfying to try to get pieces of armor this way, than to just grind it out.

#86 AcidsEcho

AcidsEcho

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 366 posts
  • Guild Tag:[code]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

I got that completionist itch as soon as I seen the PvP locker. Went from planning on playing a few matches then jumping into WvW to spending an entire day playing sPvP to get glory, to get chests, to get random weapons and armor, to fill those spots in my locker. I actually made a lot of progress in the heavy and light armors, but I was playing a thief so I didnt use any of it. The medium armor set I did get I took some screen shots of.

I dont mind the randomness. I will have a class of every profession at launch, so I can be able to fill any class slot in a group. Chests doling out stuff for every profession just means ill have gear there to throw on when I need to swap to something specific instead of playing a character I may not fully enjoy just to get gear for when I actually need to use it. I know it may not be this way for everyone, but when I loot a piece of heavy armor from a glory chest I dont get mad I cant use it then and there, instead of I think "neat, that might look cool on my Guardian".

#87 Megera

Megera

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 907 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostJP Blackout, on 14 June 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Does anyone have a picture of this armor on a female character? Im specifically talking about the legs

I don't have a picture of the in-game version, but perhaps the concept art will be useful to you. :)

Posted Image

#88 JP Blackout

JP Blackout

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostMegera, on 16 June 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

I don't have a picture of the in-game version, but perhaps the concept art will be useful to you. :)

Posted Image

Better then nothing :D Thank you!!

#89 Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostYourBadKarma, on 16 June 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

The system isn't complete. They intend to allow you to salvage multiple unwanted items for more items. It's much more interesting and satisfying to try to get pieces of armor this way, than to just grind it out.

I get where you comming from, but if you are on the bad end of the rng you can waste a huge amount of glory without getting a single item. I only played thief during bwe2 and spent around 30,000 glory without getting a single item. But I can see the fun in getting loads of items if you play a bunch of characters.

#90 Quickfoot

Quickfoot

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostLeeto, on 11 June 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Im pretty sure you cant transmutate PVP gear into PVE gear.
Lame that i didnt screenshot but Peacekeepers Focus looked nice like robotic arm, felt like hellboy :D

But tbh i prefer this system over the old one, cause in old one you just picked item you want, then farmed glory for it then picked next one. Now i can just PVP and then just buy alot of boxes and opening them is like christmas maybe even more fun, you never know what youll get, if you get too many duplicates then just stop buying boxes and wait till you can buy next rank ones.

Cant understand how people could like old system, after release you would just google which set you want and then just farm till you get it, now you can combine items you have till you get something better looking. And if chest drops item you actually wanted then its even more amazing, just dont focus on any desired items and then you wont be dissapointed if you dont get them.

But then, the items you send to the PvP Locker should be account bound, and not soul bound. It is just stupid to get armor for a different class than yourse... Make it account bound and I'm ok.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rank, pvp, armor, gear, screenshot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users