Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostGammaWolf, on 15 June 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

GW2 BWE2 Commentary footage for a tank meele ranger in structured pvp

(snip video)

Pretty good gameplay right there, kind of similar to my style. One thing i did notice though is that you almost never use your axe except for warhorn buffs. I put a decent amount of points into skirmishing to get Honed Axes and i started seeing huge numbers fly up. If you are kind of stuck in a melee dead zone while getting kited, just switch to your axe and start spamming the 1 ability.

#62 Selmu

Selmu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 17 June 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Sadly every melee ranger seems beant on GS atm, but dont worry, Ive seen older videos of sword/warhorn and sword/dagger and the damage is fine, its not as heavy as GS but its swifter and allows more evasive skills.

I seen a video on the guardian forums that showed him attacking dummies, and then he went to the npc class section and started killing them off. He fought a warrior, killed it easily. Fought a thief next, was killing it easily till thief stealthed and then used that rediculous spinning dagger elite that does insane damage, it hit him twice for a total of 5300 and he used shelter to block it and gained 25 stacks of might, then got hit 2 times after shelter ended for another 5300 before thief died O_o. Then he fought a ranger, and this fight he didnt have shelter but the ranger did 10k+ damage with rapid fire alone, Ive seen a player do 9.3k this last bwe but nothing higher than that.

How high have you guys gotten rapid fire to hit for.

Tryed sword dagger in this last beta, and it feel very bad, the damage is good but its to much movement, and sometimes i feel stuck at animation and cant heal.

Anyways i read somewhere they are changing something in sword but i dont know what kind of change.

#63 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts
  • Guild Tag:[XTC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

View PostSelmu, on 22 June 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

Tryed sword dagger in this last beta, and it feel very bad, the damage is good but its to much movement, and sometimes i feel stuck at animation and cant heal.

Anyways i read somewhere they are changing something in sword but i dont know what kind of change.

I think they are just changing the problem with the #1 chain, apparently you cant move during it so yea. Remember 1h sword is more about fast attacks and evasive swift slashes. All that rolling around leaping back and forward is meant to keep you from taking to much damage while dishing some out. I will use sword for getting out of melee only really. Sure Ill stabby stabby whoever is next to me but my goal will always be get back at range and switch back to longbow. The fact that rangers have a melee option is awesome. Not to mention warhorn gives me several other escape+ damage options.

#64 GammaWolf

GammaWolf

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostMorhilion, on 21 June 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Pretty good gameplay right there, kind of similar to my style. One thing i did notice though is that you almost never use your axe except for warhorn buffs. I put a decent amount of points into skirmishing to get Honed Axes and i started seeing huge numbers fly up. If you are kind of stuck in a melee dead zone while getting kited, just switch to your axe and start spamming the 1 ability.

Thanks for the input. I was sticking with longbow in those videos just to test its performance in many different situations.

Guild Wars 2 PVP Ranger Tanky Burst Build

Guild Wars 2 sPVP Ranger build which can put out decent burst damage while still maintaining high survivability.

Build: http://www.gw2build.....0.130.137.1...

Edited by GammaWolf, 22 June 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#65 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostGammaWolf, on 22 June 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the input. I was sticking with longbow in those videos just to test its performance in many different situations.

Guild Wars 2 PVP Ranger Tanky Burst Build

Guild Wars 2 sPVP Ranger build which can put out decent burst damage while still maintaining high survivability.

Build: http://www.gw2build.....0.130.137.1...

Ranger is beast, sadly GS is the only build that can do tanky burst since GS with that build seems to still hit for 2.5k. Im going to be going longbow but a glass cannon longbow since I like killing targets as fast as possible from as far as possible, worked well in BWEs but sadly I cant make videos.

I will say your gameplay itself was very nice, you stepped away from the fight when you were low on health, you used cds properly and kicked butt, gj sir.

Btw whats up with the weapons? Your GS looks sweet and so does that guardian, are those pve armors?

#66 Stebs

Stebs

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostGammaWolf, on 18 June 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Guild Wars 2 Ranger BWE2 - Tanky Longbow build

Guild Wars 2 BWE2 5v5 sPvP Tournament footage with a survivability build using longbow and axe/warhorn

Game 1 of the Tournament

Build: http://www.gw2build.....130.139.140...

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pv43d/

Lololol I had to do it.

#67 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I umm... dont really get it. Ill just assume its funny and laugh with ya so you dont feel awkward.

#68 GammaWolf

GammaWolf

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Lol nice screen, heres another video:

Guild Wars 2 BWE2 Tournament Ranger Highlights

A compilation of cool plays by the ranger in tournament spvp. Pretty much a shameless highlight reel which I hope you will enjoy.

#69 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostGammaWolf, on 01 July 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

Lol nice screen, heres another video:

Guild Wars 2 BWE2 Tournament Ranger Highlights

A compilation of cool plays by the ranger in tournament spvp. Pretty much a shameless highlight reel which I hope you will enjoy.

Love your avatar. I have to go to utube for it tho because the video wont maximize on here for some reason.

#70 GammaWolf

GammaWolf

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Guild Wars 2 sPVP Burst Ranger Commentary 1

GW2 sPVP tournament footage of the tanky burst ranger

Build: http://www.gw2build.....0.30.30.10.0.0

Edited by GammaWolf, 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#71 Erro

Erro

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

First weekend of playing during Stress Test II. I start off rusty, still fumbling for controls after more than a year away from MMOs, but improve steadily towards the end of the evening.

Approximate build from that evening.

I'll be trying out that same build (with some nice tweaks) and Shortbow build, with heavy condition damage stacking for upcoming BWE.

Edited by Erro, 10 July 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#72 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

I guess my longbow build will be a rarity, everyone seems to be leaning towards GS.

#73 Kolapz

Kolapz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gin]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 11 July 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

I guess my longbow build will be a rarity, everyone seems to be leaning towards GS.

If by "everyone" you mean the people that posted their builds/videos here which equates to roughly 0,1% of the total ranger playing population, then yes. :)

#74 Morhilion

Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostKolapz, on 12 July 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

If by "everyone" you mean the people that posted their builds/videos here which equates to roughly 0,1% of the total ranger playing population, then yes. :)

Nah he's right. Most rangers in tournys were running a GS/axe+WH build because its really solid. Longbow doesn't seem ideal in sPvP where you are going to be most likely at close range fighting over cap points. This is why I'm going to try out a shortbow build next BWE.

#75 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostKolapz, on 12 July 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I think you sir have only seen a few posts, most people are posting GS builds.

View PostMorhilion, on 12 July 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Nah he's right. Most rangers in tournys were running a GS/axe+WH build because its really solid. Longbow doesn't seem ideal in sPvP where you are going to be most likely at close range fighting over cap points. This is why I'm going to try out a shortbow build next BWE.

Not entirely, I played LB exclusively and rarely had to swap to my 1h sword/horn. If people ran from me and LoSed me I just switched targets. I dont have that hardon for killing blows, so if I make their teamate hide and be useless thats a win for me.

LB is good in the right hands but its also situational, which is why I use sword/horn secondary so I can get my melee lovin in also.

#76 Morhilion

Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

I think you sir have only seen a few posts, most people are posting GS builds.

Not entirely, I played LB exclusively and rarely had to swap to my 1h sword/horn. If people ran from me and LoSed me I just switched targets. I dont have that hardon for killing blows, so if I make their teamate hide and be useless thats a win for me.

LB is good in the right hands but its also situational, which is why I use sword/horn secondary so I can get my melee lovin in also.

I just don't think LB is as efficient as a GS when trying to capture points. It will deal less damage the closer you are so why not just use a GS ^_^ . I guess its personal preference, and tbh i really didn't think that the LB was that good except for rapid fire. Its pretty boring to use.

#77 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostMorhilion, on 13 July 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

I just don't think LB is as efficient as a GS when trying to capture points. It will deal less damage the closer you are so why not just use a GS ^_^ . I guess its personal preference, and tbh i really didn't think that the LB was that good except for rapid fire. Its pretty boring to use.

I loved LB, but Im a bow guy. Only one skill is weak the closer you are so most of the times in those situations Id either just nuke from range and when they got close id dodge past them point blank them in the opposite direction as the node and continue nuking. You dont need to stand close to take a base, just kill the defender and stand there. Another thing I did when I felt like stabbing nukkas was roll up on them pop my rotation and start smacking them with long ranged shots till I get closer then Id point blank QZ and rapid fire then swap to my sword. Its really not hard but idk why people feel that you have to be close to use a bow. Even in taking points you can stand back and kill your target then take the base.

#78 Velron

Velron

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Edit: wrong thread lol

Edited by Velron, 13 July 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#79 Morhilion

Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

I loved LB, but Im a bow guy. Only one skill is weak the closer you are so most of the times in those situations Id either just nuke from range and when they got close id dodge past them point blank them in the opposite direction as the node and continue nuking. You dont need to stand close to take a base, just kill the defender and stand there. Another thing I did when I felt like stabbing nukkas was roll up on them pop my rotation and start smacking them with long ranged shots till I get closer then Id point blank QZ and rapid fire then swap to my sword. Its really not hard but idk why people feel that you have to be close to use a bow. Even in taking points you can stand back and kill your target then take the base.

Usually its best to try to contest the point so the opposing team won't get and more score from it. Idk LB seems boring compared to the GS. And when it comes to bows i prefer the shortbow for its versatility and conditions. I can't wait to try out a full condition build next BWE. And just a random question, does anyone know if Anet will be wiping the characters for BWE3? They never said anything.

#80 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostMorhilion, on 13 July 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Usually its best to try to contest the point so the opposing team won't get and more score from it. Idk LB seems boring compared to the GS. And when it comes to bows i prefer the shortbow for its versatility and conditions. I can't wait to try out a full condition build next BWE. And just a random question, does anyone know if Anet will be wiping the characters for BWE3? They never said anything.

Most likely they will wipe toons next BWE or after, more likely after since it makes no sense to wipe them next BWE. Also even if you are contesting the point they still get points for it correct? I focused more on personal fights and noobing it up over having a hard on for winning. But I believe that in order for the attacker to prevent them from getting points they need to make the base neutral and then stand on it to prevent the gauge from going up correct? So even if you stand on it when they already have it capped makes no difference. In that regards standing back and nuking will force melee to come off the node and attack you or ranged to attempted to dodge attacks and possibly leaving the cap radius or even LoS.

#81 Morhilion

Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Most likely they will wipe toons next BWE or after, more likely after since it makes no sense to wipe them next BWE. Also even if you are contesting the point they still get points for it correct? I focused more on personal fights and noobing it up over having a hard on for winning. But I believe that in order for the attacker to prevent them from getting points they need to make the base neutral and then stand on it to prevent the gauge from going up correct? So even if you stand on it when they already have it capped makes no difference. In that regards standing back and nuking will force melee to come off the node and attack you or ranged to attempted to dodge attacks and possibly leaving the cap radius or even LoS.

Yeah i meant neutralizing sorry. It doesnt take very long to neutralize a point and in my experience when i just went all out on a target with my GS they would back off and then I could neutralize. I see your point about harassing from range though. A lot of casters/rangers did that to me on my guardian and it gets highly annoying.

#82 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostMorhilion, on 13 July 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Yeah i meant neutralizing sorry. It doesnt take very long to neutralize a point and in my experience when i just went all out on a target with my GS they would back off and then I could neutralize. I see your point about harassing from range though. A lot of casters/rangers did that to me on my guardian and it gets highly annoying.

Yea I just sat back and killed the defender 100% of the time and then took the base. Most of the time teams tried putting loltanks on bases and after a prolonged fight with me taking like 10% damage Id kill them and move on to more worthy opponents. Rangers rock.

#83 Erro

Erro

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 11 July 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Yeah. To be honest though, it suits my style of play... mdps. Considering playing thief also.

Needless to say, shortbow still seems enticing :) IIRC, I promised to provide you a link with a condition build vid. Stacks are quite nice when the player applies them properly.

#84 Morhilion

Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostErro, on 14 July 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yeah. To be honest though, it suits my style of play... mdps. Considering playing thief also.

Needless to say, shortbow still seems enticing :) IIRC, I promised to provide you a link with a condition build vid. Stacks are quite nice when the player applies them properly.

That is a sweet vid. It really shows the strength of the shortbow and bleed stacking. I can't wait to try out my condition build next BWE :) .

#85 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostErro, on 14 July 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Thanks, Ill watch it now.

Just watched it and it just seems like shortbow lacks, it really needs a way to stack bleed stacks more often and faster.

#86 Morhilion

Morhilion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 14 July 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Thanks, Ill watch it now.

Just watched it and it just seems like shortbow lacks, it really needs a way to stack bleed stacks more often and faster.

How can you say that it "lacks" after watching that? It seems to me that you only like the longbow and that you say that other weps are inferior to it. The build that im gonna run has around 50% chance to crit, so combine that with sigil of earth and crossfire flanking and you can stack bleeds like crazy. You can also just use the warhorn 4 ability to stack even more bleeds.

#87 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostMorhilion, on 14 July 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

How can you say that it "lacks" after watching that? It seems to me that you only like the longbow and that you say that other weps are inferior to it. The build that im gonna run has around 50% chance to crit, so combine that with sigil of earth and crossfire flanking and you can stack bleeds like crazy. You can also just use the warhorn 4 ability to stack even more bleeds.

Because based on the video he almost never had 25 stacks of bleeds, and barely kept 8-10 without hunters call. You are right, I do love longbow more atm, and I do think shortbow is inferior, but thats why Im wanting good vids so I can be proven wrong. If you cant keep 15-20 stacks up consistently then the build lacks imo. If it continues this way and my friend who plans on making a shortbow vid next BWE only keeps about 10 stacks consistently then I might just go play a dual sword warrior for my condition fetish. Lets not point out that shortbow has to get pointblank to use poison spread and splitblade effectively.

Either way I just wanna see a good vid, alot of times that guy would use splitblade and poison spread and only get 1 stack from them. That is not efficient.

#88 Cirdan

Cirdan

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostGammaWolf, on 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Guild Wars 2 sPVP Burst Ranger Commentary 1

GW2 sPVP tournament footage of the tanky burst ranger

Build: http://www.gw2build.....0.30.30.10.0.0

What is that blue PvP gear I keep seeing?

#89 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostCirdan, on 15 July 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

What is that blue PvP gear I keep seeing?

In pvp there are only blue and red to distinguish sides, thats probably what you are seeing.

#90 Cirdan

Cirdan

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostSir Sparhawk, on 15 July 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

In pvp there are only blue and red to distinguish sides, thats probably what you are seeing.

No I mean the blue glowy weapons and armor with the neat looking shoulder thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users