since more people had a chance to play through the ACs sm last BWE I wanted to make a thread to discus the dungeon and share experience with others.
As I was the only melee in the pug and it felt very hard to stay alive even though I brought heavy control abilities, I had a hard time. My entire group was pure range and I was pure melee. Throwing boulders helped sometimes but those didnt feel effective. So I decided to buff, remove conditions and plant banners while I needed a break waiting for my heal to pop.
Encounter with multiple ascalonian elementalists or ranger were harder than boss encounter due to the heavy damage of the elementalists and the spiketraps of the rangers. One encounter particularly, before ranger master nente, where you engage three ascalonian ranger. We killed one, wiped and then killed the other two. This encounter was especially difficult because the last waypoint was way back. The ascalonian necros were no problem due to my condition removal for the whole group.
So talking about the bosses,
- the melee captain in the coffin was very easy because you could simply cc him like crazy and had the starting waypoint right behind you.
- the ranged captain in the trap room was also very easy once you know how to get across the traps and pull the chain disabling the traps. She was particular easy to me because she was also attacking the ranged players in my group giving me some time catch some breath.
- the fire trap room. We just run thru.
- the mausoleum, a captain + 15 minor ghosts was the hardest encounter imo. The last waypoint was far behind and I wasnt able to deal with all those minor ghosts well. I could rally a few times on the weak ghosts but we always had to retreat back down the stairs. First chest after that fight.
- Master Nente was just easy, despite being far away from the last waypoint. Don't bother with his wolf, he will just resummon him. If you are melee you can walk up his rock over a wooden bar and beat the shit out of him. Second chest and a new waypoint, which makes the rest of the dungeon far easier.
- Ralena and Vassar. Here we died a lot. After two or three people of my group died I just tryed to stay alive. After some time they joined up together and we couldnt separate them again but managed to give ralena the rest. Vassar was easy cake after that. I've been told that Vassar does AoE damage but I'm sure other can comment on this bossfight better than me.
- Kasha Blackblood was also easy peasy. I popped "shake it off", against conditions, at the right time and other than a few adds there is nothing to mention.
- King Adelbern. Don't stand in the blue fire. And if you do, the waypoint is 5sec away. The waypoint killed any difficulty of this bossfight. Here is your helmet, thx, bye.
The chest rewards were disapointing and I'm no fan of the waypoint system in the dungeon.
I would prefer a door somewhere between the area of the boss and the last waypoint that closes for the time the bossfight is in motion. I want to mention that we would not have made it through the dungeon without the ability to rejoin the battle. But that isnt a bad thing.
As events, I encountered the cavetroll and the slik (iirc) nest. I can confirm that the troll is hostile to ascalonian ghosts.
Edited by Lurky, 14 June 2012 - 12:12 PM.