Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 1 votes

Harvest node farm locations.

farm Harvest Gather

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 sparkykief

sparkykief

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

Spoiler alert: if knowing where some farm nodes are full of harvesting goodies will ruin the game for you don’t read this post.


During the beta weekend I ran into an area filled with Jotun and also filled with Potato nodes.
Around the 2:21 mark this video explains these are farms.

  
I would like to get a list of the locations of the farms.

  Potato farm
“The Osenfold Shear” in the “Wayfarer Foothills"

Lettuce farm
  South of the Shire of Beetletun in the area labeled Beetletun Farms

Strawberry Farm
  Diessa Plateau, town of nolan

Edited by sparkykief, 17 June 2012 - 05:24 PM.


#2 frags

frags

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • Location:Punta del Este

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

South of the Shire of Beetletun in the area labeled Beetletun Farms is a lettuce farm (99% sure it is lettuce).

#3 Mindlabrynth

Mindlabrynth

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

I found a potatoe farm in the charr starting area south of the Barracuda in the midst of the human traitors.

I wish I actually remembered what the area or those NPCs are called.

#4 Sans

Sans

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 913 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Strawberry Farm.



#5 eviator

eviator

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

And rob you of the opportunity of discovering the farms for yourself? Man some people sure do try their hardest to take the "game" out of "gaming".

#6 Bulldog

Bulldog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • Location:On a short leash
  • Guild Tag:[SaVy]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

View Posteviator, on 17 June 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

And rob you of the opportunity of discovering the farms for yourself? Man some people sure do try their hardest to take the "game" out of "gaming".
Yep and people love to min max too.  It's unfortunate that people can't just play games to have fun it's got to be serious business.  Oh well to each his own.

#7 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2909 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

Now we shall just wait for the "Why should I go to another race's starter area to level up?!" crowd to come in and complain why there are no lettuce farms in the Charr areas.

"Why should I need to go to another race's lands for vegetables?!"

#8 Bulldog

Bulldog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • Location:On a short leash
  • Guild Tag:[SaVy]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostTrei, on 17 June 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Now we shall just wait for the "Why should I go to another race's starter area to level up?!" crowd to come in and complain why there are no lettuce farms in the Charr areas.

"Why should I need to go to another race's lands for vegetables?!"
LMAO that just made my day.  :lol:

#9 kgptzac

kgptzac

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Not sure what's the deal is.  I had fun watching that video.  I'm pretty sure the guy didn't make it and upload it to spoil anyone's fun... especially since you have the option not to watch it :x

#10 frags

frags

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • Location:Punta del Este

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostTrei, on 17 June 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Now we shall just wait for the "Why should I go to another race's starter area to level up?!" crowd to come in and complain why there are no lettuce farms in the Charr areas.

"Why should I need to go to another race's lands for vegetables?!"

Charr do not need lettuce...they like their meat and strawberries.

#11 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2909 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postfrags, on 17 June 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Charr do not need lettuce...they like their meat and strawberries.
Nay..

Name one animal in the world, with horns, that does not eat vegetables.

#12 Cruzzi

Cruzzi

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostTrei, on 17 June 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

Nay..

Name one animal in the world, with horns, that does not eat vegetables.

Chameleons, Horned Lizards, various horned insects.

I guess you wanted to say name any MAMMAL with horns.

#13 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2909 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostCruzzi, on 17 June 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Chameleons, Horned Lizards, various horned insects.

I guess you wanted to say name any MAMMAL with horns.
Oh darn it..

Bah those are not real horns.
They just look like horns.
Yeah.


Okay fine, mammals.

#14 Ksielvin

Ksielvin

    Vanguard Scout

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostBulldog, on 17 June 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Yep and people love to min max too.  It's unfortunate that people can't just play games to have fun it's got to be serious business.  Oh well to each his own.
Minmaxing (for chosen goal) aka exploring game mechanics is some of the most fun in a game. The ones missing out are the people using those builds without trying to understand and extend them. They do gain something else though by spending their time differently, like looking for potato farms.

Also, creating a spreadsheet for a game you like is an expression of your hobby like painting your character would be. :)

Edited by Ksielvin, 17 June 2012 - 02:04 PM.


#15 Haterx732

Haterx732

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 441 posts
  • Location:Looking For Strange

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostBulldog, on 17 June 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Yep and people love to min max too.  It's unfortunate that people can't just play games to have fun it's got to be serious business.  Oh well to each his own.

Who are you to say what's fun and what's not!?

#16 Soleil

Soleil

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 128 posts
  • Location:FL, USA
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Did anyone actually watch the video?  He doesn't spoil anything except at the end he shows off some recipes but not before saying hey, if you don't want to see a spoiler don't watch any further.

It's a informative video and he gives some good tips on cooking.

#17 Bulldog

Bulldog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • Location:On a short leash
  • Guild Tag:[SaVy]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostKsielvin, on 17 June 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Minmaxing (for chosen goal) aka exploring game mechanics is some of the most fun in a game. The ones missing out are the people using those builds without trying to understand and extend them. They do gain something else though by spending their time differently, like looking for potato farms.

Also, creating a spreadsheet for a game you like is an expression of your hobby like painting your character would be. :)
I love trying new builds but when all your trying to do is max the potential out of the system then playing a "game" isn't the focus anymore.  If people want to do that's all well and good, but just realize not everyone has a desire to do so many people just want to play, to each his own.

View PostHaterx732, on 17 June 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Who are you to say what's fun and what's not!?
Who are you to say your opinion is more valid than mine?

#18 CharliePrince

CharliePrince

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 848 posts
  • Location:BROOKLYN

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostSoleil, on 17 June 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Did anyone actually watch the video?  He doesn't spoil anything except at the end he shows off some recipes but not before saying hey, if you don't want to see a spoiler don't watch any further.

It's a informative video and he gives some good tips on cooking.

your name sounds familiar -.-

#19 Haterx732

Haterx732

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 441 posts
  • Location:Looking For Strange

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostBulldog, on 17 June 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

I love trying new builds but when all your trying to do is max the potential out of the system then playing a "game" isn't the focus anymore.  If people want to do that's all well and good, but just realize not everyone has a desire to do so many people just want to play, to each his own.


Who are you to say your opinion is more valid than mine?

lol what? what opinion?

#20 sparkykief

sparkykief

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostMindlabrynth, on 17 June 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

I found a potatoe farm in the charr starting area south of the Barracuda in the midst of the human traitors.

I wish I actually remembered what the area or those NPCs are called.

If this is true then there is more than one farm per item?

View Posteviator, on 17 June 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

And rob you of the opportunity of discovering the farms for yourself? Man some people sure do try their hardest to take the "game" out of "gaming".

Thanks for the heads up that knowing the location of some plants may ruin the game for some; I added a spoiler alert now.
Knowing the location of farms doesn’t spoil the game for me, it’s the going to the farms and farming that I enjoy.

Edited by sparkykief, 17 June 2012 - 05:15 PM.


#21 AmusingMoniker

AmusingMoniker

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

This is what I gleened from the Arenanet forums while they were up...(I forget the name of the original poster, sorry)...

Lettuce farm in Queensdale, south of Beetletun in the topmost farm area.
Potato farm 1 is directly south of the Loreclaw Waypoint in the Plains of Ashford.
Potato farm 2 is in Wayfarer Foothills scattered around The Osenfold Shear.
Strawberry patch 1 is in Kessex Hills, at Isgarren’s View. Carefully go down the cliff edges to farm all 8 nodes.
Strawberry patch 2 is in the southeast corner of Snowden Drifts, at the bottom of a cliff near Griffonfall.
Hidden cave with a strawberry patch maintained by one a charr girl that involves some exploring and jumping.
Spinach farm in northern Gendarran Fields west of Povemic crypt. 
Spinach patch a bit outside of Lion’s Reach to the West, up on a tier, but there might be a jumping puzzle to reach it.

I don't see how knowing the location of these farms spoils the fun of gathering and cooking at all, especially since they regrow in the same place 23 hours later.

Edited by AmusingMoniker, 17 June 2012 - 08:59 PM.


#22 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2909 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostAmusingMoniker, on 17 June 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

 
Spinach patch a bit outside of Lion’s Reach to the West, up on a tier, but there might be a jumping puzzle to reach it.
That's one skilful vegetable farmer...





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: farm, Harvest, Gather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users