#1 Daedalus_mbj

Daedalus_mbj

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BnQ]
  • Server:Fissure of Woe

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

I've been in all the betas and stresstest for GW2 and looking forward to it's relase, but I've been having a weird problem.

In various random areas of the world in either open world, cities or the PvP areas makes no differerence it happens all over:

I get a weird thing where my screen will turn the world view black and still have the UI overlay on it. And here's the kicker. It ONLY happens in those random areas when my camera is facing west. and ONLY west. No amount of wait, non-movement or circling or leaving returning will make it drwa the area in that zone load session.

Minimising or maximising both the ingame and catalyst settings seems to make no difference.

Also if I set depth of View to anything other than none it goes black too. My system spec is above the known requirements and in all other parts than those black spots I can run it all maxed in both game and catalyst without ever really getting laggy gameplay at all except in the worst of door attacks.

SPEC: i5 2500K on a Asrock P67 Pro3 SE. 8GB DDR3 667hrz Ram (PC3-12000 or so I think) with a Radeon HD5850 GPU.

Anyone heard of anything similar?

#2 Pariah

Pariah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[NDR]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostDaedalus_mbj, on 24 June 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

I've been in all the betas and stresstest for GW2 and looking forward to it's relase, but I've been having a weird problem.

In various random areas of the world in either open world, cities or the PvP areas makes no differerence it happens all over:

I get a weird thing where my screen will turn the world view black and still have the UI overlay on it. And here's the kicker. It ONLY happens in those random areas when my camera is facing west. and ONLY west. No amount of wait, non-movement or circling or leaving returning will make it drwa the area in that zone load session.

Minimising or maximising both the ingame and catalyst settings seems to make no difference.

Also if I set depth of View to anything other than none it goes black too. My system spec is above the known requirements and in all other parts than those black spots I can run it all maxed in both game and catalyst without ever really getting laggy gameplay at all except in the worst of door attacks.

SPEC: i5 2500K on a Asrock P67 Pro3 SE. 8GB DDR3 667hrz Ram (PC3-12000 or so I think) with a Radeon HD5850 GPU.

Anyone heard of anything similar?
I had the same problem on my HD 6650, but it went away as soon as I turned off forced anti-aliasing in my Catalyst Control Center and instead let the games follow their own settings.

Edited by Pariah, 24 June 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#3 Daedalus_mbj

Daedalus_mbj

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BnQ]
  • Server:Fissure of Woe

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Ok thx - I'll try that during the stresstest...if it fails I'll go to the main databanks at ArenaNet with a large axe and give it a reprogramming it never will forget.

#4 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

They stated prior to anyone downloading it for the first BWE that forcing settings through driver control panels (AMD or NVIDIA) was not recommended.  Try setting everything to "Application Controlled" and see what happens on the upcoming Wednesday Stress Test. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphic, problem, hd5850

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users