5 replies to this topic

#1 Crunchygremlin

Crunchygremlin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

to me the PvE initially felt a lot like open world PvP.
Zerg.

What i wonder is that it if this zerg training will carry over into PvP. So that zergs in PvP are smarter. random people working together more effectively.

Zergs are going to get wiped a lot in PvE. I have seen 20+ person zergs laid waste even with respawn reinforcements. People will have to learn to work together to have more effective zergs.
I think it will change it so that PvP will be different.

#2 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

I find it extremely ironic that the name "Zerg" is being used to describe disorganized, mindless, massed fighting tactics.

#3 Izardoz

Izardoz

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1102 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BCT]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

what zerg?  i felt like i was the only one for hours, until the finale...is that what you are talking about? the finale?

#4 Xiondar

Xiondar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

PvE will help you learn the controls and PvP will help you adjust that basic knowledge to adapt in certain situations.

However... we can't count out that a lot of PvE content requires A LOT of teamwork in higher level content(Especially Dungeons.). Apples and oranges though; PvE group content is a great way to learn combinations and synergy, where PvP group play helps you learn what the other classes are capable of offensively and how well they can adapt (Not saying it is less about synergy, but it isn't nearly as enforced as far as timing is concerned.)

I guess my points is... you go into either area treating it like the alternative you will die and you will either learn or stop all together.

#5 Jukkie

Jukkie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NOES]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Once people start leveling the "Zerg" will get less and less. At 80 it might be more of a problem, however most of the stuff that requires zerging at 80 such as dragon world bosses, you are going to need a ton of people. Otherwise it will be inside dungeons, where people can group up.

It seems bad now but that just because everyone is the same level. At release it will spread out, and it will be much better.

#6 Crunchygremlin

Crunchygremlin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

I dont think its bad. It will spread out but it work much the same. people coming together as there is a need and a want.
let me put it another way.
in PvP random groupless people work together towards a goal often.
Here the same thing is happening and common place in PvE.

This is not how PUGs normally work. nor dungeons. Dungeons are often terrible training for PvP.

I think the events have much more training potential for PvP than other more structured PvE setups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users