Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Significance of the Digital Deluxe Version

Digital Delux Deluxe Version Necessary

  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 leongrado

leongrado

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostDraczeq, on 05 July 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

There are actually these types of game code:
- Preorder code - not a real code, just gives 1 day headstart and 5 days grace period
- Retail code - real code (with SE, DDE, CE variation) used to play full game at game release
- Pre purchase code - code thats let you play BW, gives 3 days headstart and automatically turns into corresponding retail code at official game release

- Beta code - allows you to play a corresponding beta event

Question about the pre pruchase code. How does it automatically turn into the retail code( assuming you mean the one on the box?). I don't see how this can happen without the user opening the box and entering the code manually.

#62 Plutonsvea

Plutonsvea

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

View Postleongrado, on 06 July 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Question about the pre pruchase code. How does it automatically turn into the retail code( assuming you mean the one on the box?). I don't see how this can happen without the user opening the box and entering the code manually.

The prepurchase code is usually obtained via the online website. I think that's what he meant.

#63 Izardoz

Izardoz

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1102 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BCT]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

not all pre-purchase codes automatically turn into retail codes, or no one would have to revisit their retailer to obtain their official retail launch code

:)

#64 Draczeq

Draczeq

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postleongrado, on 06 July 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Question about the pre pruchase code. How does it automatically turn into the retail code( assuming you mean the one on the box?). I don't see how this can happen without the user opening the box and entering the code manually.

yea, I think CE codes are special, the pre-purchase = retail code works only on SE and DDE, sorry :)

#65 Momotarou

Momotarou

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Is the Wolf elite available from level 1?

#66 Draczeq

Draczeq

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostMomotarou, on 06 July 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Is the Wolf elite available from level 1?

jup, but Elite skill slot unlocks at lvl 30 =)

#67 leongrado

leongrado

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostDraczeq, on 06 July 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

yea, I think CE codes are special, the pre-purchase = retail code works only on SE and DDE, sorry :)

Np. Frankly I was just a little confused myself.

#68 Draczeq

Draczeq

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

View Postleongrado, on 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Np. Frankly I was just a little confused myself.

nah always question everything ... nobody is perfect ... I might be lying all along (knowling or unknowlingly) :angel:

#69 Mordakai

Mordakai

    Mordakai7

  • Community Contributors
  • 8118 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostMordakai, on 05 July 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Depends on where you live and if you are buying a Physical or Digital Version.   BTW, there are Standard Digital versions available from ArenaNet, you don't have to buy the Digital Deluxe to get a digital version of the game!


You will not need a second code for Digital versions.


Physical editions (including the CE), will require people to enter the physical code from the retail box.  You have 5 days to do this from launch to continue playing without interruption.

The one exception is Standard Physical Edition in Europe, whose Beta code is the same as the retail code, and they will NOT need another code.  "This is the only serial code customers will receive and will grant access to the Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access, the Hero's Band digital item, and full access to the final live game. Customers will not need to return to the retailer to receive another serial code."

SOURCE:  
http://www.guildwars...-game/game-faq/

Please read, this is how it works. ;)


Summary for Pre-Purchase:

Standard Digital:  will not need another code
Deluxe Digital:  will not need another code
European Standard Physical: will not need another code

Standard Physical (EXCEPT for Europe!):  will need box code, 5 days to enter after launch
Collector's Edition (ALL):   will need box code, 5 days to enter after launch

Edited by Mordakai, 06 July 2012 - 03:44 PM.


#70 Ganjan12

Ganjan12

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

I plan on selling my Tome of Influence to the highest bidding Guild. I figure some early cash can always come in more handy than an influence boost.

#71 Isaac the Madao

Isaac the Madao

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Either the Mistfire Wolf Elite will be imbalanced, or few in their right mind will use that skill instead of their profession or racial elites. I don't know when this DD elite will be available. If its available at lvl 1, it'll be marginally useful. If it's available at lvl 30 like the rest, it'll be almost useless.

The mini's value is completely personal. You either care about it or you don't. If you can sell it in-game, it may have an objective worth in gold.

There is not enough info about the golem to determine its value. If it's active from Day 1, it will be almost useless since there are few items of value during early gameplay that someone must immediately deposit into the bank. If it can be activated later... I don't know. I haven't found any prolonged stretches where even 4 8-slot bags aren't sufficient to store the valuable loot. Time will tell.

The Glory and Influence items also depend on the player, but somewhat objectively. For the PvEer without a committed guild, both items are essentially useless. For someone who's dedicated to a guild and PvP regularly, the value is maximized. However, since the actual bonus amount is unknown, the items's value is questionable. In addition, for anyone not regularly earning glory in pvp and whose guild isn't regularly earning influence, I am sure the bonus from the items won't make much difference.

It seems like the mini is the only item that currently has definite value, albeit largely subjective, for the majority of players. Over all, I think the digital deluxe package is meh.

#72 Imaginos

Imaginos

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1408 posts
  • Location:Arizona

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostIsaac the Madao, on 08 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Either the Mistfire Wolf Elite will be imbalanced, or few in their right mind will use that skill instead of their profession or racial elites. I don't know when this DD elite will be available. If its available at lvl 1, it'll be marginally useful. If it's available at lvl 30 like the rest, it'll be almost useless.

The mini's value is completely personal. You either care about it or you don't. If you can sell it in-game, it may have an objective worth in gold.

There is not enough info about the golem to determine its value. If it's active from Day 1, it will be almost useless since there are few items of value during early gameplay that someone must immediately deposit into the bank. If it can be activated later... I don't know. I haven't found any prolonged stretches where even 4 8-slot bags aren't sufficient to store the valuable loot. Time will tell.

The Glory and Influence items also depend on the player, but somewhat objectively. For the PvEer without a committed guild, both items are essentially useless. For someone who's dedicated to a guild and PvP regularly, the value is maximized. However, since the actual bonus amount is unknown, the items's value is questionable. In addition, for anyone not regularly earning glory in pvp and whose guild isn't regularly earning influence, I am sure the bonus from the items won't make much difference.

It seems like the mini is the only item that currently has definite value, albeit largely subjective, for the majority of players. Over all, I think the digital deluxe package is meh.

I tend to agree with your analysis. The elite if it's not useable at L1 and it probably isn't, won't be worth much unless that mist wolf is really good.

From what I've read the golem banker lasts 5 days (countdown) from when you first activate it. Not 5 days of game time but 5 real days so if you activate it and don't log in for 4 days you've pretty much lost it, which IMO is pretty damn lame.

Don't have an opinion on the glory item. The influence item will all depend on how much influence it gives. If it's something lame like 100 it'll be pretty much worthless. If it gives something like 1k it'll be worthwhile to use for a starter guild boost.

View PostGanjan12, on 06 July 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

I plan on selling my Tome of Influence to the highest bidding Guild. I figure some early cash can always come in more handy than an influence boost.

Better hope it has a worthwhile value and not something like 100 inf.

#73 ogrejd

ogrejd

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1054 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MOoN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostIsaac the Madao, on 08 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Either the Mistfire Wolf Elite will be imbalanced, or few in their right mind will use that skill instead of their profession or racial elites. I don't know when this DD elite will be available. If its available at lvl 1, it'll be marginally useful. If it's available at lvl 30 like the rest, it'll be almost useless.

Well, with any luck, it'll be around the same power level as the racial Elites. No reason for them to make it less powerful, since you'd probably have to unlock it like any other Elite... (though that's giving the devs a bit of, possibly unwarranted, credit for basic intelligence and game design skills :P)

#74 Ganjan12

Ganjan12

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostImaginos, on 08 July 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Better hope it has a worthwhile value and not something like 100 inf.

Even if it is, there are always suckers out there.

#75 Pal A Din

Pal A Din

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BPA]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

The only way I'd seriously consider using Mistfire Wolf is if it's available at level 1, or it requires no point investment when it unlocks at level 30. If I have to wait all that time to use it and I need to spend a chunk of skill points on it, then I'd rather use those points on a real elite. The other items don't matter. I'll use glory and influence right off the bat, and I'll sell the golem if possible. I'll keep the mini, since I doubt it will have any real value; unless something like mini dedication rears its head again. Plus I like Rytlock.

#76 Crom_The_Pale

Crom_The_Pale

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[WoA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

Still far to early to be certain on things.  The Mistfire Wolf Elite might actually be of significant use for certain classes.  The mesmer jumps to mind, in PvE at least, as making good use of the Mistfire Wolf.

As for the other benifits, personally, I think they are apropriate and stay within the realm of not giving an undo advantage to those that spend more money on the game.

#77 Culture Shock

Culture Shock

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1662 posts
  • Location:In Meditation

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

Honestly I bought it just to have the extra elite skill.  I wanna see what it looks like and I think it will take me a week to get to lvl 30 at launch so I wanted to have something special to reward myself for being such a great Mesmer.... :P

Why a week?  Because I'm not gonna be rocketing through the content like I did in the BWEs, I wanna sit back, relax, have some hot tea while I lounge in every inch of the maps.  I'm gonna take in all that hardcore art work that these artists have been doing for 5 years.  I get really emotional when it comes to great art.

Screenshots? YES!  Bandicam videos?  CHECK!  ..... One day my grand kids will watch videos of my adventures in Tyria ..... :D ..... Well ... I'll MAKE them watch....... :zip:

#78 Aveneo

Aveneo

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 352 posts
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Guild Tag:[HOPE]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

Went with the Digital Standard as the added items for the Digital Deluxe were not worth the added $20 for me. ;)

#79 deathblossom

deathblossom

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostCrom_The_Pale, on 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Still far to early to be certain on things.  The Mistfire Wolf Elite might actually be of significant use for certain classes.  The mesmer jumps to mind, in PvE at least, as making good use of the Mistfire Wolf.

As for the other benifits, personally, I think they are apropriate and stay within the realm of not giving an undo advantage to those that spend more money on the game.


THIS!!! as a mesmer myself they have almost no pve elites.... pretty much all of our elites (mass stealth, moa morph) only really work in pvp ... as such i will probably be using this elite instead for pve.

oh and the cooldown for our only good elite time warp.. is soooo long as well.

My only real options for pve as a mesmer are.. hounds of balthazar as i will be human... or the mistfire wolf.. depending on which one i like more and having not seen the mistfire wolf.. ill probably choose the wolf just because it will look nice using it and im not a fan of the hounds of balth.

Edited by deathblossom, 09 July 2012 - 03:51 AM.


#80 Imaginos

Imaginos

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1408 posts
  • Location:Arizona

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostGanjan12, on 09 July 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Even if it is, there are always suckers out there.

That is very true as P.T.Barnum will tell you :) "This way to the Egress"

View PostCrom_The_Pale, on 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Still far to early to be certain on things.  The Mistfire Wolf Elite might actually be of significant use for certain classes.  The mesmer jumps to mind, in PvE at least, as making good use of the Mistfire Wolf.

As for the other benifits, personally, I think they are apropriate and stay within the realm of not giving an undo advantage to those that spend more money on the game.

I suppose that would depend on your race. for a norn wanting extra damage mistfire wolf may be the way to go, for a human I'm betting the hounds of balthazar will trump the mistwolf by a fair bit.

Edited by Imaginos, 09 July 2012 - 04:11 AM.


#81 Eqo

Eqo

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TwiA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hounds of Balthazar will probably be better than Mistfire Wolf. In fact, it will probably be exactly two times better since it summons twice as many wolves. :)

I hoped Deluxe would unlock a special emote or give us a special weapon skin. The actual rewards are fine in the sense of being balanced to not give Deluxe customers an advantage, but the reason I didn't buy is because most of the rewards are consumables.

I'd rather put that extra money toward character slots or bank tabs. Those things will benefit me a lot more in the long run.

#82 Freelancer604

Freelancer604

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Im saving my 20 for the cash shop. Pretty sure I can get far more use out of it there.

#83 Big Ol Norn

Big Ol Norn

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1387 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Still don't see the point in this version. Deluxe version my foot. Usually there's a making of documentary, a soundtrack, a character gimmick (the elite doesn't measure up there since it wastes a skill slot)... something. So I have no problem passing because it just doesn't really make sense as a package.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Digital, Delux, Deluxe, Version, Necessary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users