Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 6 votes

Oceanic Communities, alternate server?

oceanic guilds communities community guild australia gw2 gw1 new zealand

  • Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Poll: Which server should the Oceanic alternative be? (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Which server should the Oceanic alternative be?

  1. Astralarium (61 votes [40.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 40.94%

  2. Gate of Madness (15 votes [10.07%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.07%

  3. Isle of Janthir (16 votes [10.74%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.74%

  4. Eternal Grove (18 votes [12.08%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.08%

  5. Quarell Falls (6 votes [4.03%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.03%

  6. None of the above (33 votes [22.15%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 wazwolf

wazwolf

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postburkderp, on 19 July 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Add to that the fact that Darkhaven will also be heavily populated/full and we are left with no alt server. I also agree, the poll needs to be restarted but putting every server up will just cause more confusion. As it stands just from this poll which is on a forum dedicated to the guild wars community we had a poll that was created based on the responses given in the first few pages of the thread. If SoS has room my group will be rolling there. I agree with some of Wazwolf's points, the poll needs to be limited. I don't mind if Darkhaven has been chosen by other communities, fair enough but I would like to pick an alternative to SoS and Darkhaven.

To get an alternative we need to restart this poll with 5-6 options and a clear question:

What server would you like to have as the oceanic alternative to Sea of Sorrows/Darkhaven.

1.Isle of Janthir
2.Gate of Madness
3.Quarrel Falls
4.Fort Aspenwood?
5. None of the above (if selected post your answer)

This will fulfill both sides allowing people to see that Darkhaven is the second choice and allowing people who don't want DH to pick an alternative. Limit it to 2 weeks (imo) and let it be done.

Can we all agree to the above poll and then get a mod to set it up?

Perfect.

3 servers seems great, so long as they are known.  The sticked Thread about Unofficial servers and guild/group choice (the first thread we see in Tyrian Assembly), the original poster said on the second page he will not put up alternate servers.

I completely disagree with that, since it causes problems with WvW balance and server over-crowding.  Also, it seems the OP might be ignoring private messages (just speculation, I only tried to message him yesterday and noticed Mexay (the poster of this thread) said in a comment to the OP to check his messages about Oceanic server choice.

I find one person controlling the flow of the community's information (and ignoring the community's requests) to be inappropriate.  If it is how I see it.  Too early to tell.

#152 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

View Postwazwolf, on 19 July 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Perfect.

3 servers seems great, so long as they are known.  The sticked Thread about Unofficial servers and guild/group choice (the first thread we see in Tyrian Assembly), the original poster said on the second page he will not put up alternate servers.

I completely disagree with that, since it causes problems with WvW balance and server over-crowding.  Also, it seems the OP might be ignoring private messages (just speculation, I only tried to message him yesterday and noticed Mexay (the poster of this thread) said in a comment to the OP to check his messages about Oceanic server choice.

I find one person controlling the flow of the community's information (and ignoring the community's requests) to be inappropriate.  If it is how I see it.  Too early to tell.

I just replied to that post and saw that Serim isn't allowing alternatives which is detrimental to almost everyone. If it comes down to it we can always just look after our separate community and post an official oceanic server choice after this poll gets reset, if Serim wont change his mind.

By the way Wazwolf that post I made before was a tad aggressive and I apologise, your points were valid and you had the right of it.

#153 Adzaell

Adzaell

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

I'd like to point out, according to the recent blog post, some of the servers in the poll, such as Astralarium, no longer exist.

I'm sticking with Sea of Sorrows. Quite happy with it.

#154 tallanx

tallanx

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

well looks like our choice is just Isle of Janthir or Gate of Madness, assuming SoS fills up.

Edited by tallanx, 19 July 2012 - 02:46 AM.


#155 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

It will be interesting to know how many players a server can hold now compared to before, maybe they have multiple machines running for one server. Would be awesome if we could have 20k + in one server hehe.

I think Isle of Janthir would be cool considering Oceania is comprised of mostly islands. Need to get this poll going somehow.

Edited by burkderp, 19 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.


#156 Bael

Bael

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 357 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

I know we have over a month before launch to organise something, and that we will get to choose another server as home at launch...but I'm a little annoyed that this information only came to light two days before BWE3. It took us quite a while to organise ourselves to Astralarium and Eternal Grove and now we have neither of those options.

We Oceanians aren't going to get another alternative to SoS/DH organised and get word out in time for the BWE, so I'm just going to roll SoS and hope the larger server population means I won't be in overflows too much, and hope that the number of people in the zones with me won't lag the crap out of my computer. I probably won't WvW during the BWE anyway, so I can avoid the queue problems.

#157 Serim

Serim

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NAGA]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

I said I will be reading through the oceanic threads before making my decision.

#158 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostBael, on 19 July 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

I know we have over a month before launch to organise something, and that we will get to choose another server as home at launch...but I'm a little annoyed that this information only came to light two days before BWE3. It took us quite a while to organise ourselves to Astralarium and Eternal Grove and now we have neither of those options.

We Oceanians aren't going to get another alternative to SoS/DH organised and get word out in time for the BWE, so I'm just going to roll SoS and hope the larger server population means I won't be in overflows too much, and hope that the number of people in the zones with me won't lag the crap out of my computer. I probably won't WvW during the BWE anyway, so I can avoid the queue problems.

It is frustrating and changing the servers around just a month before launch is a nag but I suppose its really unavoidable. As long as we can get a decision soon after beta we will be fine.

View PostSerim, on 19 July 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

I said I will be reading through the oceanic threads before making my decision.

Amended my post :)


EDIT: Guys should we start a new topic or just hope for this poll to change?

Edited by burkderp, 19 July 2012 - 08:01 AM.


#159 hitchhiker55

hitchhiker55

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

hmm I am tempted by Sanctum of Rall after reading the story about him. I'll decide whether I'll choose it for launch after playing on it this weekend.

EDIT: (Not that I would want the existing culture changed by giving it an oceanic label.)

Edited by hitchhiker55, 19 July 2012 - 10:27 AM.


#160 Mexay

Mexay

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[WolF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

New post. I'de say. Burk, feel free to make it. I'm too tired at the moment.

#161 Remainz

Remainz

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Aces]

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Our guild The Aces was thinking and were always thinking Darkhaven was the secondary Oceanic Server


Apply to The Aces:
http://the-aces.net/

Or have a look at our forums:
http://the-aces.net/forums/

#162 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

PLEASE NOTE:  A new thread has been started, the poll is not initiated yet. You have 2 weeks to make a decision after the poll is created.

http://www.guildwars...server-removal/

Mexay can you please update your OP with this message :) ty.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oceanic, guilds, communities, community, guild, australia, gw2, gw1, new, zealand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users