Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 2 votes

Allow players to dye the character in sPVP room.

dye sPVP customization sPVP gears warm cool colors

  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Amadeuz

Amadeuz

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TA]
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

As you know, when you enter to PVP match, our characters are auto replaced the entire gears in pure red/blue colors. From my opinion, is it good idea for the game to allow the players to customize their own dye gears in sPVP room. However, the dye won’t freely pick in every colors, there are some colors restriction in each red/blue team, for example the Warm/Cold tone colors. So players will have to dye the Warm tone colors for Red team and Cold tone colors for Blue team. When players join in which team, Red/Blue, the characters will be auto dyed the gear in Warm/Cold tone colors which are designed and customized by the players.

Reason : Because the purpose of reward gears in sPVP system is all about cosmetic gears, and it is kind of sad when the characters wear the awesome look of gears enter to PVP room they will be auto dyed the entire gears in pure Red/Blue colors that make them looks blend with other characters with moderate look of gears. So I think the dye customization for Red/Blue team is require for making our characters look more unique between each other in sPVP match, while they also can easily be noticed in which team they are in.

This humble idea is openly discuss or any suggestions, may be my opinion in this thread is the bad idea after all.



Posted Image

Edited by Amadeuz, 07 July 2012 - 07:55 AM.


#2 deathblossom

deathblossom

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostAmadeuz, on 07 July 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

As you know, when you enter to PVP match, our characters are auto replaced the entire gears in pure red/blue colors. From my opinion, is it good idea for the game to allow the players to customize their own dye gears in sPVP room. However, the dye won’t freely pick in every colors, there are some colors restriction in each red/blue team, for example the Warm/Cold tone colors. So players will have to dye the Warm tone colors for Red team and Cold tone colors for Blue team. When players join in which team, Red/Blue, the characters will be auto dyed the gear in Warm/Cold tone colors which are designed and customized by the players.

Reason : Because the purpose of reward gears in sPVP system is all about cosmetic gears, and it is kind of sad when the characters wear the awesome look of gears enter to PVP room they will be auto dyed the entire gears in pure Red/Blue colors that make them looks blend with other characters with moderate look of gears. So I think the dye customization for Red/Blue team is require for making our characters look more unique between each other in sPVP match, while they also can easily be noticed in which team they are in.

This humble idea is openly discuss or any suggestions, may be my opinion in this thread is the bad idea after all.



Posted Image

they have already talked about this and said they have plans to allow dye customization in SPvP we will just have to wait until they find a way to do it their way but they do know of the issue.
I dont know where it was said but they agree that customization is an important part even in pvp and they have talked about a solution for this problem but they haven't gone into specifics yet.


We will just have to be patient and wait until their solution is implemented which might not be in time for release but they are working on it.

Edited by deathblossom, 07 July 2012 - 08:05 AM.


#3 Amadeuz

Amadeuz

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TA]
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

View Postdeathblossom, on 07 July 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

they have already talked about this and said they have plans to allow dye customization in SPvP we will just have to wait until they find a way to do it their way but they do know of the issue.
I dont know where it was said but they agree that customization is an important part even in pvp and they have talked about a solution for this problem but they haven't gone into specifics yet.


We will just have to be patient and wait until their solution is implemented which might not be in time for release but they are working on it.

I haven't heard their statement of this issue before, it is really a good news for me thanks ^_^

I hope they can find the way to make this work for most people. I do believe in ANet, this company really understand what gamers want, and they are really smarter than I thought.

Edited by Amadeuz, 07 July 2012 - 08:34 AM.


#4 Siarsi

Siarsi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:My Lair
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I personally never understood why armour colours needed to reflect the team you are in. There are only 2 teams, evidently the person with a red name above their head is your enemy. =/

#5 Leeto

Leeto

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 593 posts
  • Location:Lemarchand's box
  • Guild Tag:[BONE]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I personally never understood why armour colours needed to reflect the team you are in. There are only 2 teams, evidently the person with a red name above their head is your enemy. =/
I think they just wanted to take advantage of the dye mechanic.

#6 Seetherrr

Seetherrr

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 151 posts
  • Guild Tag:[iiii]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I personally never understood why armour colours needed to reflect the team you are in. There are only 2 teams, evidently the person with a red name above their head is your enemy. =/
I have heard that it makes it easier for observers to tell what is going on, making it a better e-sport candidate.

#7 Sprawl

Sprawl

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I personally never understood why armour colours needed to reflect the team you are in. There are only 2 teams, evidently the person with a red name above their head is your enemy. =/

yea.. i never understood that either

View PostSeetherrr, on 08 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

I have heard that it makes it easier for observers to tell what is going on, making it a better e-sport candidate.

Still you can just do red/green name colors for observers.  Or make the outfit colors show up as red/blue for observers only.

#8 Siarsi

Siarsi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:My Lair
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

If its for spectators then they should just make it so on their screen it shows the armour as the colour of the team. Sorted. :P

#9 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I personally never understood why armour colours needed to reflect the team you are in. There are only 2 teams, evidently the person with a red name above their head is your enemy. =/

You need to target/mouse over someone to get their name to appear, while colours let you identify players at a glance. It's the same reason why sports teams wear distinctly coloured jerseys. You can't have a truly competitive game otherwise.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 09 July 2012 - 06:18 PM.


#10 Siarsi

Siarsi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:My Lair
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 08 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

You need to target/mouse over someone to get their name to appear, while colours let you identify players at a glance. It's the same reason why sports teams where distinctly coloured jerseys. You can't have a truly competitive game otherwise.
Hmm would be much simpler if they just had the names float all the time. Its hardly making the game easier by showing hostile names. I see where you are coming from with the coloured jerseys, but unlike real life, in a game they could just program it so for spectators it shows the team colours on the armour.

#11 Timid

Timid

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think the main issue is that at high levels of PvP, players care more about clarity than aesthetics on the battlefield. While less competitive players might care about expressing themselves through dye, more competitive players and observers would rather be able to identify friends and foes at a glance. And even though it may be possible to have a system whereby players look different to observers, that seems like a poor return on time/effort invested. If the game is to survive and flourish as an eSport, the priority must always be on gameplay. That said, if they can manage to give everyone everything they want (balance aesthetics and clarity), there's no reason why they shouldn't.

Edited by Timid, 09 July 2012 - 09:19 AM.


#12 Swickster

Swickster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

colored capes should make a return. nuff said

#13 Alternate Eyes

Alternate Eyes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Would it not be feasible to have that during sPvP the dyes customisable and that during tPvP (tournaments/High end PvP) the Red/Blue dyes implimented.

As therefore during tournaments when the need for fast clarity is present you still have the typical easy red Vs blue.

But during casual hot join sPvP you have the chance to flash off your awesome gear.

Im sure this idea has been around quite a few times, but it makes the most logical sense to me. As the casuals get the fun customisation and the hardcore get the best of both worlds.

#14 Amadeuz

Amadeuz

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TA]
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostAlternate Eyes, on 09 July 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Would it not be feasible to have that during sPvP the dyes customisable and that during tPvP (tournaments/High end PvP) the Red/Blue dyes implimented.

As therefore during tournaments when the need for fast clarity is present you still have the typical easy red Vs blue.

But during casual hot join sPvP you have the chance to flash off your awesome gear.

Im sure this idea has been around quite a few times, but it makes the most logical sense to me. As the casuals get the fun customisation and the hardcore get the best of both worlds.

Agree
I don't mind if they plan to auto replace typical red-blue on the characters' gears only on tournament-PVP because I am understand that the hardcore players would concern more on clarity rather than the aesthetics. And the casual players in hot join rooms can enjoy the aesthetics customization and show off their awesome gears that are traded by their glory points. I think this idea should be agreeable for most people, the hardcore guys and casual guys.

#15 Utenlok

Utenlok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Dying your clothes for each map seems tedious.

To me the most logical solution seems to be on your dye tab to have a "red team"  and  "blue team"  setup that you can custom ahead of time for when you wind up on those teams.

#16 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostAmadeuz, on 09 July 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Agree
I don't mind if they plan to auto replace typical red-blue on the characters' gears only on tournament-PVP because I am understand that the hardcore players would concern more on clarity rather than the aesthetics. And the casual players in hot join rooms can enjoy the aesthetics customization and show off their awesome gears that are traded by their glory points. I think this idea should be agreeable for most people, the hardcore guys and casual guys.

Not really.

I don't want to see anything except red vs. blue in any mode, whether hot-join or tournament. I want to use hot-join games as practice and still be able to play to my full potential, and I need clear colours for that. Likewise, guilds will be using hot-join servers to practice and will need the clear colours as well.

One solution is to allow a check box in options to toggle whether you see custom dyes or you see red vs. blue. That way everyone is happy. If you want to see people's unique outfits you can check off the box, if you want to see red vs. blue, you would untick it.

View PostEmma_Frost, on 09 July 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hmm would be much simpler if they just had the names float all the time. Its hardly making the game easier by showing hostile names. I see where you are coming from with the coloured jerseys, but unlike real life, in a game they could just program it so for spectators it shows the team colours on the armour.

It isn't about the spectators. Clear colours make it easier for the players. I'm not sure if you've ever played something like pickup basketball or soccer with some friends. It isn't uncommon to pass the ball to an opposing teammate because you don't have visual cues by which to identify players. Likewise, it's the same in all competitive online games. Think how hard Counter-Strike would be if there weren't unique terrorist outfits and unique counter-terrorist outfits and all you saw were people's names.

If Anet wants this game to become an esport, they will need to have an option to play red vs. blue.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 09 July 2012 - 05:08 PM.


#17 Siarsi

Siarsi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:My Lair
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 09 July 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Not really.

I don't want to see anything except red vs. blue in any mode, whether hot-join or tournament. I want to use hot-join games as practice and still be able to play to my full potential, and I need clear colours for that. Likewise, guilds will be using hot-join servers to practice and will need the clear colours as well.

One solution is to allow a check box in options to toggle whether you see custom dyes or you see red vs. blue. That way everyone is happy. If you want to see people's unique outfits you can check off the box, if you want to see red vs. blue, you would untick it.



It isn't about the spectators. Clear colours make it easier for the players. I'm not sure if you've ever played something like pickup basketball or soccer with some friends. It isn't uncommon to pass the ball to an opposing teammate because you don't have visual cues by which to identify players. Likewise, it's the same in all competitive online games. Think how hard Counter-Strike would be if there weren't unique terrorist outfits and unique counter-terrorist outfits and all you saw were people's names.

If Anet wants this game to become an esport, they will need to have an option to play red vs. blue.
Frankly that is a very poor comparison. I never struggled telling who was ally and who was foe in other MMO's pvp games. I still think comparing it to a real life sport is silly. Besides they said we would be able to have the colours we chose display on our own screens anyway so I'm not too fussed about it in  sPvP.

#18 Silent The Legend

Silent The Legend

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I personally never understood why armour colours needed to reflect the team you are in. There are only 2 teams, evidently the person with a red name above their head is your enemy. =/

Try to be in a 3vs3 fight with all explosions and CCs going around and tell whos with you and whos against you by looking at the color of the names :P

#19 Hashwagon

Hashwagon

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location:SLC
  • Guild Tag:[DHH]

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

I'd be "All-In" for a complete removal of these communist bath robes.The current colors are absolutely rubbish IMO. First they're too bright, and secondly, it covers the entire body!

#20 Reason on Cooldown

Reason on Cooldown

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

I think it would be cool in an organized tournament setup to allow each team to set up a color scheme for their whole team, like a uniform.  I don't think that would work for their current tourny setup (I didn't try it) where I assume teams are randomly matched up, but more if you can set up custom tournaments (i.e. custom games).

This would be great for eSports where fans of a particular team would recognize their uniforms.  And if it's organized and not random, it would be easier to guarantee that two teams don't look too similar ("home" and "away" color schemes).

#21 Alternate Eyes

Alternate Eyes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 09 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Besides they said we would be able to have the colours we chose display on our own screens anyway so I'm not too fussed about it in  sPvP.

Can this be clarified?

Are you stating that I will be able to adjust how I appear on my screen (colour wise) and that to everyone else I appear either red or blue? If so then that would work for me, I just like p0wning people in my awesome gear (Thief - Pirates! YAR!).

#22 Siarsi

Siarsi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:My Lair
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostAlternate Eyes, on 13 July 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Can this be clarified?

Are you stating that I will be able to adjust how I appear on my screen (colour wise) and that to everyone else I appear either red or blue? If so then that would work for me, I just like p0wning people in my awesome gear (Thief - Pirates! YAR!).
The devs mentioned this on the official beta forums for BWE2. I cannot link unfortunately because they clear them after each beta. =/

#23 MatchlessGlory

MatchlessGlory

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Location:Alpha Collective
  • Guild Tag:[AC]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think they could still do the colors while making it look less bland. Red/Light Red/Black vs Blue/Light Blue/White.. Something like that. At the moment the reason it's so visually painful is that it's all that same red/blue with no shades.

#24 el hefe

el hefe

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1167 posts
  • Location:Seattle, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostMatchlessGlory, on 17 July 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I think they could still do the colors while making it look less bland. Red/Light Red/Black vs Blue/Light Blue/White.. Something like that. At the moment the reason it's so visually painful is that it's all that same red/blue with no shades.

if they let us change the accent colors it would be an improvement.  im fine if my base color has to be blue or red.  let me change it enough to be an individual.

#25 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

That's something thats been irritating me as well. After lots of sPvP matches, I finally get myself some smexy lookin' gear, only to shockingly realize it gets turned into a bright blue/red making the set look a little less deadly...

View PostEmma_Frost, on 13 July 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

The devs mentioned this on the official beta forums for BWE2. I cannot link unfortunately because they clear them after each beta. =/

Oh if that's the case, then that would be fine. As long as I can see my own badassery :P

Also, I'm diggin the Moriggan avatar ;)

Edited by Shamadamun, 17 July 2012 - 10:46 PM.


#26 Itharius

Itharius

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 898 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LF]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

I'd like team tabards to replace pure blue and pure red.

#27 Sazgo

Sazgo

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Comparing it to a real life sport is just silly when you have nameplates here. May aswell make it skins vs shirts. 1 team gets to use their custom dyed gear while the other is forced to run around in underwear.

I think if they could add cloaks without too many clipping issues it would be great. But personally i see nothing wrong with just names/nameplats being colored. I dont see many issues with it that way.

#28 brianrago

brianrago

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 08 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

You need to target/mouse over someone to get their name to appear, while colours let you identify players at a glance. It's the same reason why sports teams wear distinctly coloured jerseys. You can't have a truly competitive game otherwise.

This is not true, name plates are always up, look at this vid or any other pvp vid.


#29 PoisonedTea

PoisonedTea

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

but you are able too?
in the match you may not know how it may look

#30 ArakaPerpo

ArakaPerpo

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

When I bought the game, I wasnt aware of the fact that I cant wear individual armor in casual pvp.
I am already irritated so much by this that I am about to stop playing pvp. I have no interest (=time) to play tPvP.

The dye color mechanic is okay for esports observation, but should be optional for every player in the gamesettings, like this for example:

( ) Turn dye colors on in pvp.
( ) Turn dye colors off in pvp.

-.-

Christ Anet, is it THAT difficult?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users