• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 2 votes

Allow players to dye the character in sPVP room.

dye sPVP customization sPVP gears warm cool colors

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Crawmerax

Crawmerax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 09 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Frankly that is a very poor comparison. I never struggled telling who was ally and who was foe in other MMO's pvp games. I still think comparing it to a real life sport is silly. Besides they said we would be able to have the colours we chose display on our own screens anyway so I'm not too fussed about it in  sPvP.

But in other MMO's PvP games, did you not have other cues to tell you when it was an enemy, like different races/classes/general appearance?

You wouldn't need red and blue to distinguish enemies if one is a tauren, and the other is a dwarf, for instance.

But in GW2, we're all fighting from the same race/profession/gear pool. As it is, with red vs blue, I can ID an enemy from a much greater distance than floating names would reasonably allow.

#32 ArakaPerpo

ArakaPerpo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostCrawmerax, on 08 September 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

But in other MMO's PvP games, did you not have other cues to tell you when it was an enemy, like different races/classes/general appearance?

You wouldn't need red and blue to distinguish enemies if one is a tauren, and the other is a dwarf, for instance.

But in GW2, we're all fighting from the same race/profession/gear pool. As it is, with red vs blue, I can ID an enemy from a much greater distance than floating names would reasonably allow.

Your point is entirely...pointless. ;)
There is not a single reason why there shouldn't be the OPTION in a player's settings to turn dye in pvp on/off ON HIS SCREEN solely.

Not a single one.

#33 Crawmerax

Crawmerax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostArakaPerpo, on 08 September 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Your point is entirely...pointless. ;)
There is not a single reason why there shouldn't be the OPTION in a player's settings to turn dye in pvp on/off ON HIS SCREEN solely.

Not a single one.

Find where I said there shouldn't be an option to turn dye on/off, and I'll give you a cookie.

Clue; I'm keeping all of my cookies.

My point was that distinguishing colours help to identify which team a player is on, and that experience with previous MMOs is likely invalid, since the vast majority have far greater cues to tell an enemy than just their colour. Like, if they're a hulking cow beast, instead of a human, for instance.

I'm fine with there being an option for individual players. I'm not fine with people pretending the current system is badly thought-out. Don't presume to put words in my mouth.

Edited by Crawmerax, 08 September 2012 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users