Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 3 votes

Guild Wars 2 Crafting Application


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

Greeting all,

I have decided to create a GW2 Crafting Application. At the moment all I am doing is gathering data and laying out a file structure which will be used in the coding. If we have enough interest in this project I will create a development forum for the project.

What will this application do.

It will cover all crafting professions.

Display how to make an item, what are its stats, crafting level and player level requirement.

Display items available by players level or the next set in 5 or 10 levels.

Upgrade components what do you get once combined.

There maybe more options people would like in this application so post your suggestions here.

If you want to help with the file structure or the project in general and get this project moving quicker PM.


Regards

Enya Raven

#2 Seafog

Seafog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

Sounds cool, sadly im no good at coding but i can however wish you good luck on your endeavour! :)

#3 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostSeafog, on 09 July 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

Sounds cool, sadly im no good at coding but i can however wish you good luck on your endeavour! :)

The coding I will do, its just the data gathering which would be more useful in doing at this moment in time.

#4 Seafog

Seafog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 09 July 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

The coding I will do, its just the data gathering which would be more useful in doing at this moment in time.
Im a crafter by nature, i usually spend my games crafting... :/
If you want data when the game goes live, i can help.
Thing is bwes arent good for crafting the way i like to do.
I usually gather 200 of every material in gw2 and mass craft.

Edited by Seafog, 09 July 2012 - 04:04 AM.


#5 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostSeafog, on 09 July 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Im a crafter by nature, i usually spend my games crafting... :/
If you want data when the game goes live, i can help.
Thing is bwes arent good for crafting the way i like to do.
I usually gather 200 of every material in gw2 and mass craft.

I am a crafter by nature as well, How I am getting my data at the moment are from databases which people created on the internet and what I was able to create in the BWE & stress tests.
So you can still help if you want too and use the same method I am using now.

#6 Seafog

Seafog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 09 July 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

I am a crafter by nature as well, How I am getting my data at the moment are from databases which people created on the internet and what I was able to create in the BWE & stress tests.
So you can still help if you want too and use the same method I am using now.

Oh right, derp.
Ill gladly help organize data.
Just PM with a database build tutorial or something, i need to keep busy anyway :P

#7 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostSeafog, on 09 July 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Oh right, derp.
Ill gladly help organize data.
Just PM with a database build tutorial or something, i need to keep busy anyway :P

I sent you some info, I hope its plain and simple for you. If not I will try again.

#8 Imaginos

Imaginos

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1408 posts
  • Location:Arizona

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Greeting all,

I have decided to create a GW2 Crafting Application. At the moment all I am doing is gathering data and laying out a file structure which will be used in the coding. If we have enough interest in this project I will create a development forum for the project.

What will this application do.

It will cover all crafting professions.

Display how to make an item, what are its stats, crafting level and player level requirement.

Display items available by players level or the next set in 5 or 10 levels.

Upgrade components what do you get once combined.

There maybe more options people would like in this application so post your suggestions here.

If you want to help with the file structure or the project in general and get this project moving quicker PM.


Regards

Enya Raven

Will it be downloadable/useable offline? If so great!  I can post crafting recipes I've got though they're  not very high yet as I've only hit around 100 in tailoring so far and about 70 in a couple others during bwes.

#9 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

Yes it will be downloadable. But I will say it now dont expect it to be ready pre GW2 Release as there is a lot of missing data we need to get first.

Also the data I am finding from various website databases is incorrect, so we need the game to see what the real answer is. We also need the game to see if Anet has not changed,  deleted or added items to the various crafts.

Hence my statement about dont expect a release anytime soon.

#10 miracle091

miracle091

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Location:Italy
  • Guild Tag:[FB]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 09 July 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Yes it will be downloadable. But I will say it now dont expect it to be ready pre GW2 Release as there is a lot of missing data we need to get first.

Also the data I am finding from various website databases is incorrect, so we need the game to see what the real answer is. We also need the game to see if Anet has not changed,  deleted or added items to the various crafts.

Hence my statement about dont expect a release anytime soon.

If you need a hand or two :P, for the structure or others things that help you, just PM me. Just a simple advice, use the official wiki for the craft materials & progression, all professions is not complete at 100%, but a lot of info is correct, or better in the last bwe all info i have found is correct (Huntsman and

Leatherworkers).


Edited by miracle091, 09 July 2012 - 08:28 AM.


#11 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postmiracle091, on 09 July 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

If you need a hand or two :P, for the structure or others things that help you, just PM me. Just a simple advice, use the official wiki for the craft materials & progression, all professions is not complete at 100%, but a lot of info is correct, or better in the last bwe all info i have found is correct (Huntsman and

Leatherworkers).

I found a lot of errors on the wiki.

#12 Seafog

Seafog

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 09 July 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I found a lot of errors on the wiki.
Is the curse database more reliable?

#13 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostSeafog, on 09 July 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Is the curse database more reliable?

The best way is to compare both

We have a few spots still open for people wanting to help create the database required before coding starts. No you will not be required to do any coding.

PM me if you are interested.

#14 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

I have created the Crafters of Tyria development forum for this project.

http://craftersoftyr...forum/index.php

#15 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

COT Update.

Started coding and the database. COT is now using the Access Database.

Some early happy snaps. These are very early alpha.


Posted Image


Posted Image

Still looking for people to help with project. No coding will be required.

#16 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

Update:

I decided to release a beta Version once we have the data for all professions to 200. I think we can manage that. This hopefully will be ready before the GW2 Release.

Still looking for more people to help, the people that are helping at the moment are working their fingers to the bone.

PM me for details

#17 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

I am happy to announce I have released an Alpha build in which my Dev team will debug for me. Once all bugs have been taken care of I will be releasing a beta version to the community.

#18 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

Just dropping a line to say we have made a lot of progress. We plan to have our first beta release on the 17th - 18th Aug. We have tried to add as much of the crafting info that we could find. So you can guess the database is not complete. I will be adding a link when its ready. If you have any questions regarding the project you can sign up and ask. http://craftersoftyr...orum/index.php.

Posted Image

#19 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

What to expect in the beta release on 17th -18th Aug.

Armorsmith, Leatherworker and tailoring will have the added feature of defense stats.
Artificer, Huntsman and weaponsmith will have the added attack feature stats.

We have included Common, Fine and Rare materials. When selected they will display the type of item the material is used in.

Tools a list of the known gathering tools we know about. More will be added once the game goes live.

Recipes which can be purchased from NPC for karma or coins. We will try to include as much as we can about these recipes.

Mystic Forge a listing of what combinations of items works.

We plan to also include other features down the track, but for now have a lot of work to complete first.

We know the database is not complete but it will be over time.

Finally I would like to say a happy thanks to Imaginos,  Salvorin Fex and Sonoris who have been supportive and gathering data for the database. Without there help this project would have been months away from where it is now.

#20 SalvorinFex

SalvorinFex

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location:Southern California. USA
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 07 August 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

What to expect in the beta release on 17th -18th Aug.

Armorsmith, Leatherworker and tailoring will have the added feature of defense stats.
Artificer, Huntsman and weaponsmith will have the added attack feature stats.

We have included Common, Fine and Rare materials. When selected they will display the type of item the material is used in.

Tools a list of the known gathering tools we know about. More will be added once the game goes live.

Recipes which can be purchased from NPC for karma or coins. We will try to include as much as we can about these recipes.

Mystic Forge a listing of what combinations of items works.

We plan to also include other features down the track, but for now have a lot of work to complete first.

We know the database is not complete but it will be over time.

Finally I would like to say a happy thanks to Imaginos,  Salvorin Fex and Sonoris who have been supportive and gathering data for the database. Without there help this project would have been months away from where it is now.

Glad to be able to help out on such an ambitious project.
Now I need to get back to inputting lots of data.

Cheers.

#21 Hatecoin

Hatecoin

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location:United States, NC.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Just out of curiosity are you doing this in VB and if so why?

I think it's a great idea but it would be a much easier project to create for the web, there are already places to pull information and tooltips from.

If you decided to go with C# and use WPF at least yo would be able to efficiently collaborate with a project built for the web to nail both markets.

Just a thought, good luck though.

#22 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostHatecoin, on 08 August 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity are you doing this in VB and if so why?

I think it's a great idea but it would be a much easier project to create for the web, there are already places to pull information and tooltips from.

If you decided to go with C# and use WPF at least yo would be able to efficiently collaborate with a project built for the web to nail both markets.

Just a thought, good luck though.

Why am I doing it in VB easy to answer been coding in Vb for years. Sorry to say it would not be easier to create a webpage. Plus this project is different to what is on offer at the moment.

#23 Hatecoin

Hatecoin

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location:United States, NC.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostEnyaRaven, on 08 August 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Why am I doing it in VB easy to answer been coding in Vb for years. Sorry to say it would not be easier to create a webpage. Plus this project is different to what is on offer at the moment.

Maybe I don't understand your project, but good luck....

#24 SalvorinFex

SalvorinFex

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location:Southern California. USA
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

We have an urgent need for some data entry on the Artificer, Drops and Mystic Forge.

Please let us know if you can add your keyboard and hands to a good cause.

Sal

#25 frags

frags

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • Location:Punta del Este

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

Enya, I have been working on two Excel spreadsheets for Cooking with the following information: 1) includes all the cooking recipes from 1-400 w/ ingredients needed and 2) ingredients for cooking with location, vendor, and price. If these would help at all in this project then pm me as I planned on posting them in the forums once I was done.

#26 blargian

blargian

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Good luck with this project

#27 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

The wait is finally over.

http://craftersoftyr...board,12.0.html has instructions and a link to download COT.

The database still uses the item naming prior to the last stress test. Our DEV team will make the required changes as they are noticed.
I would also like to say that not all recipes have been entered. Cooking, Amulets and Artificer were not done. With the amount of changes Arenanet are doing its a case of us chasing our tails with the modifications being done.

So have a look at we have done. Please suggest improvements for future versions. All bug reports and suggestions to be post on the dev forum
http://craftersoftyr...forum/index.php

Finally I would like to say again  thanks to Imaginos,  Salvorin Fex and Sonoris who have been supportive and gathering data for the database. Without there help this project would have been months away from where it is now. Also thanks to frags for donating his cooking speadsheet to be used by us.

Edited by EnyaRaven, 17 August 2012 - 02:09 AM.


#28 Nuu

Nuu

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 421 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario
  • Guild Tag:[DKR]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

Wow! I'll definitely be providing feedback! Thanks!

#29 chukky

chukky

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Location:@ my desk

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

Did you take it offline? The download link on your site leads to nowhere anymore?

#30 EnyaRaven

EnyaRaven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:East Coast Australia
  • Guild Tag:[OFC]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

There are 4 links which one are we talking about.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users