#1 Sprinkles169

Sprinkles169

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PzF]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

So I was thinking of doing some PC case modding. Nothing spectacular, but I have a big roomy case. One of the ideas pertains to the big chunk of white space that stares from the corner of the desk. I thought it could use a nice sized GW2 logo. Probably just the dragon '2' thing.

Anyways I'm not sure how I would go about doing this. First thought was searching online. Didn't come up with many results that I thought would come out with worthy quality. I don't just want a pixelated printed out sticker that's going to have a white border and all.

Another idea was personally finding that one red color spray paint and cutting out my own stencil. I'm slightly afraid of screwing this up though as I am an artistic failure. Even at the basics.

Some details on my case. I have other ideas. Other little decals, red fan leds, or coloring the black grate areas but I'd have to look into that.

Edit: Found a nice site that allowed me to customize a decal (w,o being too expensive). Going to see how it turned out before going into more detail on that. Been looking into a new LED color scheme for the case as well.

Edited by Sprinkles169, 15 July 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#2 Sprinkles169

Sprinkles169

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Welp, just to show that I did it! There were a few bumps in the road. I had to physically change the LED bulbs to red because the case fans were proprietary to the front console. I didn't want to switch them out and then not be able to turn it off ever/change the speed. It's hard to see in a light picture, but I also changed the color on the power/activity LEDs on the front of the case. Not disclosing how that had to be done. ;P You may not want to know. The decal itself looks a lot better on camera, trust me. I might try that again, it was pretty cheap. But, here are a couple pics...

#3 Izardoz

Izardoz

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1102 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BCT]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

nice..well done!

#4 Imaginos

Imaginos

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1408 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

That looks very nice. What site did you use to make your decal for you?

#5 Sprinkles169

Sprinkles169

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

It's called buildasign.com. I ended up using it because it was pretty user friendly and thought I was getting what I was looking for rather cheaper than some others. It came out not quite as I expected. Thankfully, it was going on a plain side side of the case anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users