Guild Guilds PvE EndGame

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zora_diem

Zora_diem

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Location:At my lab, Making Incredible supernatural Unicorns with wings, rocket-boxer shorts and funny looking helmets!
  • Guild Tag:[TA]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

The Following Post has changed Forum Category due to It was a Discussion post

Summary at the bottom of the post!
Hai Guys
I posted a comment on a topic where the OP would like Achievements for guilds
and he gave some cool things in his post which made me speculate on things...

What is a Guild without Group bragging?
"well, yesterday we took down Crook Bareeye..."
"really...?"
"uhm.. yeah... well... i don't got any evidence but.. we did it!"
"right.."

Idk if it was this he was meaning, but the OP from the other topic wanted to show off a Creatures head or some trophies the guild had took down, and show it off at the guild hall (once implemented). Sounds good on paper, doesn't it?but in a persistent World, is that much possible?
Well, no, because:
"Well, we took down Vrox Irontooth 5 min ago! we have her head in our
Guild hall!"
"Dafaq? we too! and still got her head there...?"

Here is my plan:

in your guild hall you got a Wanted Board, here your squad leader clicks, and a list of activities comes up, where only it says something like:
"Sheamoor is attacked by an Ogre!"
the list is Level based, and asks for your guilds aid bigger task the higher level your guild is. the "exp" is called Fame. sounds logic doesn't it?

Here, your Squad leader clicks "Help them!" or something similar. and gets put into a queue (why? because "I will tell you that right now!")

The queue was because It's a hybrid between PvE and PvP, and your Guild competes against another Guild who wants the same trophy and/or fame.

The queue ended! and you found a competing Guild who wants the same trophy!
You will now be teleported to a instanced area of Sheamoor, both guilds on a separate corner of the map, but the same distance to the Village.

Now I think you get the Idea of how this will end? well, You kinda do, but, it's not Svaniir we're killing in the Forest of Niflhel where the Last shot counts more than the retribution.
The team which Caused the most damage on the Creature, gets the Trophy.

But what if the results is 50/50?
well, besides decimals, You cannot cut an odd number into two right? 3 will be 1,5 which isn't ideal how we're thinking.
we need a Health bar which the closest to Middle would be 49 or 51.
or, a solution is that the creature gets killed, but the team who's alive because of the PvP aspect, gets the trophy.

While most of you ARE going to say
"but, where's the impact on the world? the consequenses if none of you manage to kill the creature?"
Well, you could do this with one of two ways:
1. The creature becomes global and teleports to a location closeby and begins to crush the village, town, City, whatever.
2. None of you gets the trophy, simple as that. The Wanted poster will remain, and both of the squads gets back to the Guild hall.

But what's with the Trophy? who would care that you defeated that evil creature? and who would know of it?
well... it could be combined with lore and mechanics really.

Norns LOVES to tell their tales of a great kill in front of a campfire, and exaggerating about them.
Hall of Monument type of place in your Guild Hall, where you enter a big Cylinder shaped building and the trophies are places to the walls.

well, Who the f'ck are gonna know who "Vrox Mandicorp" is? well, they could tell his/her Affliction, but not anything more. not what he/she did to deserve this punishment to be forever humiliated in a hall.

Recordnings. Guild Wars 1 had this feature with GvG, and could easily be implemented in This one.
The Trophy Hall could have a Norn be standing in the middle, you go talk to him and asks "How did [Guild name] Defeat [Creature name]?" and the Norn starts with "well well well...It sure was an epic scene..." and you get a button where you could say something like "Continue please..." and it shows you like Guild wars 1s GvG how they defeated the creature and the opposite guild.

How about the Names than? As I said in the first Player-to-Player Conversation, It could end up as two or more have killed the same creature...
easy fixed, Random Name generator. while it IS hard to make up enough names to only 1 more guild got the same foe, a generator could fix most of the problems.
Idk if Arenanet got the tools and skills to fix something like this. (while I mean generator, i don't mean that it chooses 2 values from a database. What I mean is that it Makes a name with rules, restrictions grammar, etc.)

So, Dear Community of Guild Wars 2.
What/where's the Catch? what's the Pros/cons about this one?
Could this be the content where your and/or your guild has decided that you've had enough of Events, Dungeons, and almost quits the game, but keeps playing because of this?

Could this even be ideal for Guild Wars 2?

and for you lazy basterds who don't like to read, here's the summary:

Would you like a Guild activity where a boss in an instanced version of an Area in the open world Attacks NPCs, Buildings, and have a PvP aspect against another guild to take him down?
(the Ogre was just an example, could be as big as a Dragon General if so Desire to go that big)

Edited by Zora_diem, 12 July 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#2 Samhayn

Samhayn

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

I would like to see something that is pvpve but more along the lines of darkness falls or labyrinth of the minotaur from daoc. A dungeon that is in the center WvW map where large DE bosses spawn, either full time access or access to the server who currently controls the majority of the map. You could give an xp bonuses to killing standerd mops and minor de events in here since it is an active pvp area. The large DE bosses could drop cool looking armor skins and trophies for your home instance. I always found doing a boss fight well looking over your shoulder for an enemie raid to be very intense and fun.

#3 Zora_diem

Zora_diem

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Location:At my lab, Making Incredible supernatural Unicorns with wings, rocket-boxer shorts and funny looking helmets!
  • Guild Tag:[TA]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

isn't that already in the game? just besides the boss thingy? Would really like that idea as well, more bosses. But what Guild Wars 2 lacks is Definitively Organized Guild Activities, While I don't call them Raids, because Raids is nothing for this game, but something with impact of the world, something really hard.

I think this activity would solve that because I would find it fun and awesome with a Boss encounter, and on top of that PvP, which makes it like you say, A constant look over my shoulder for the other Squad/Team etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users