I wish I could experience that.

#2222 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts
  • Guild:I'm supposed to have one?

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

actually getting your kids to do something that your parents are doing? THAT is an accomplishment in itself! (and now with the stupid phone craze going on, getting them to put that dammn thing down is a good trick as well).

2 stars for you Aero!

enjoying our mild winter here...got into the 40's and supposed to be warmer this coming weekend....am NOT missing the cold and snow (sorry new england, but sometimes someone else has to get it).

{image of mouse belongs here} where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar?

#2223 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Smartphones and tablets are the worst thing in the world imo. I understand that some parents love them because it pacifies their child for a few minutes, but come on. We are losing our ability to communicate and the love of play. Not playing games on a computer or phone, but going outside and running around. Of course part of that is people who seem to think if they see a child without a parent right next to them it is child neglect... That doesn't really help matters. We used to run off for hours on end and my parents loved it. We were out exploring and exercising in the world, not glued to the couch. Miss those days.

Mild winter? Heck it is downright warm here! 66 currently! We have the windows open and everything!

#2224 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

yep yep yep.

had the balcony door open (yesterday too)....and aired the condo out (and watched the cracks start to close up on the walls....)

BEAUTIFUL WEATHER I give it 5 ultra platinum titanium stars! now can we have another 2 months of this????

yeah, I remember as a kid our parents basically told us to get out of the house and go and play outside, never worrying if we would not be ok....not liking the way the world here changed. And we had only one tv growing up and there wasnt a whole lot of kid type programming after....well, I cant remember any (I was before sesame street)...so outside of ray raynor in the early mornings (only on days we did NOT have school--otherwise the tv was NOT on or if it was snowing really badly---) there wasnt much TO watch. I just cant get my mind around parents these days (and just wait until the ME millennials get old enough to have kids!). Saw a spot on the news saying that they are the worst drivers ever, makes me really want to just stay home (and play gw :P)  

#2225 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

We have stayed open up all weekend, with the exception of night time since it is getting chilly then. Beautiful out again today too!

I saw something about them being terrible drives as well. Just say the headline, didn't actually read the article. 

#2226 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

...aaaand now we have blizzard warnings! so much for the early spring, was nice while it was here, will miss it.

cant believe we are almost 2 months into this year, time is just flying by.

#2227 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

Right!??! We woke up Saturday morning to snow! Super crazy!

I know, 2 months flew by! Going to be March this week already. Goodness...

#2228 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

yep watched the snow fall here and the temps too /sad panda

how about that crazy mix-up at the oscars? lol (was flipping channels and caught the end with the best picture----havent seen any of them and have no compulsion TO see any of them either....not that I have seen many of the oscar winning pictures in past years, I am just not that crazy about those kinds of films I guess, never was.)

got to see the mystical beasts film, was ok, needs some work though. B-

#2229 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Weird, I swear I posted this past week... Guess not. 

It got warm again here. And now it is cold again. Figures... Hopefully it goes back to being warm soon! These cold weather runs are not my favorite.

Oscar mix up was insane. Guess the two people handing out the cards won't be back next year due to this mix up. Can't say I blame the company for pulling them. The guy was twitting after he was told not too. This is why we have rules people!

It is apparently the first of 3 movies or something. According to my wife at least. We will see where it goes from there.

#2230 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

time sure flies, huh?

and more snow...had some flurries here for the last few days and more expected over the weekend /reallySADpanda

and we lose an hour of sleep too this weekend /unhappyreallysadpanda

3 movies, good to know--will have something to look forward to seeing besides the next star wars movie.

time to make some cocoa, its just too blasted cold here!

#2231 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully the next two weeks fly by as spring break is within sight!

We are actually predicted to get 2-6 inches of snow Sunday thru Monday. What the heck March? Get it together!

Oh ya... clocks go forward tomorrow. No bueno on that one...

It is very cold. Made for a chilly run this morning, that is for sure...

#2232 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

well, what a strange month it has been here...we hit 70+ and had snow in the same week! (within 48 hours of each other even).

still not on the new time yet, and my old laptop never jumped ahead so its still reminding me that we should get rid of this silly daylight savings time stuff.

now its cold again and raining :(

hubby and I think we are going to go to the upper peninsula of michigan for the break, he wants to look for fossils (always the geologist)...think I will find us a nice resort with a good spa so I can at least have a relaxing time for a few hours  :P

well time to get ready for easter already have some of the decorations out and a few of the easter plushes (the bunnies like to get out early and hop around the st pattys ones)....still have to put the snowmen away--tried to and then it snowed! so I figured I should keep them out for a bit longer.

#2233 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

The weather has definitely been weird, that is for sure...

Darn daylight savings time change. No bueno, no bueno...

I'm on spring break this week annnnnnnd it's cool and cloudy... And rainy... Couldn't have been nice out, nope has to be dreary... Oh well...

There ya go, a good spa while he hunts. Great plan!

Easter almost already? What? When did this happen?!?! Gah!

#2234 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

think easter is going to have to be on that ark this year, been raining for the last few days and says its going to continue for most of the next as well....think we have enough rain already.

#2235 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

It is possible. We got a lot of rain here the past couple days but none today. And none for tomorrow. But possibly back on Sunday. Of course I was off this week so I washed and waxed both cars. And then it rains... Figures. Oh well!

#2236 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:44 AM

so its YOUR fault pwnd! (you know what they say about washing your car!)

our forecast has possible rain for everyday except saturday, so at leas we might get a break for a bit....but next week isnt looking good right now.

AND its APRIL, guess as you get older time moves faster.

#2237 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

Ya it probably is my fault.. I washed them and then thought to myself, well now it is guaranteed to rain! Sure enough, pretty much all day Thursday it poured...

How is it April already? I mean honestly? Crazy!

#2238 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

Well, took a trip this week and saw something very, very disturbing. The folks who were staying in the cabin next to us had 2 little boys (twins I would assume age less than 2), and instead of putting them into car seats...I saw them each take one and just get into the front seats of the mini van...and drive away, the dad had one kid in his lap WHILE HE WAS DRIVING!! and the mom had the other on her lap in the front seat! UNBELIEVABLE (not to mention ILLEGAL)....the things you see while on vacation sometimes makes you wonder if it really is a vacation. Am glad to be back, but really liked having a huge cabin to move around in (not to mention the jacuzzi in the bath room), but like home better even if its too small for even 2 people.

#2239 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Wow, that is super dangerous! If they get in a wreck those kids are going flying! Idiots...

Glad you had a good trip! Always nice to get away for a bit.

#2240 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

yeah, it was nice. Been super nice the last week or so too, had the balcony doors open for many hours (until it started to rain or they started to cut the grass). Always nice to have a real spring too. 

Easter is now past, had a nice time --went out for a brunch/buffet.  Also had time to get some cleaning in as well. So spring is here!

#2241 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

Been colder here recently. Well, relatively anyways. Sitting in the 50's to low 60's. 

Finally got around to mowing today as well. Part of that is because the mower wouldn't work. My father-in-law and I spent about 2 hours today working on it. I spent a few hours the previous week working on it as well. I ended up taking it mostly apart today to try to diagnose the issue. I did find a couple issues that I corrected but none that worked. So finally after 2 hours we went and got a new spark plug since the old one was fairly dirty (it still sparked). Popped the new one in. Darn thing fired right up. So ya... Glad it is working! And I now know how to take a small engine apart. :P

I'm glad Easter is pass. It is great to see family for holidays but always adds stress as well.

#2242 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

ah, small engine repair, guess you can add that to your resume now too :P

I'm good at the household appliances--like toasters, mixers etc...I remember fixing the old vitamix we had when I was a kid, mom couldnt figure out why it wouldnt work, so I did and fixed it...not so good with cars though---but I did get pretty friendly with chilton with my old crx and could replace good parts of that engine, but back then engines were a LOT simpler--no computers to worry about.

Family's are only stressful when they bring up stuff they should not, otherwise, its not soo bad. My sis-in-law has been working on our ancestry tree (bush) and thinks she may have found another relative of my mom's mom in sweden, kind of exciting since we hadnt been able to get back much farther than great great grandparents since none of them were in the USA and where most of them were got zonko'd pretty badly by both big wars...so no idea if we will find out anything farther back especially on my dad's side (which was in smack dab middle of those wars--austria/slovakia/baltic). I find it funny that if you search you can usually find stuff on your fathers side (family name makes it easier), but if you try to search for the female relatives it almost impossible---and the females seem to keep all the records! But in my family the female side has been the easiest (minus my grandfather) and we have loads of old photos of people that my grandmother wrote information on the back of (sometimes the front too), so we have lots of information there.

glad I have no lawn to mow, only wish I had no cigar smoking neighbors as well.

#2243 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

Cars now-in-days are a pain to work on. They are engineered so that those of us who want to do our own repairs can't. Which is super annoying. Heck to even get to the engine in one of the cars you have to take off a bunch of plastic that covers it. Ridiculous.

It isn't so much family that is stressful but rather whoever seems to be hosting is super stressed about getting everything ready and done. Then those that are helping get stressed because hostess is stressed. Once everything is ready everyone relaxes though. Just that initial stress is not so much fun.

My grandma does genealogy and so does my mother-in-law. So ya, both women are doing the genealogy stuff. I think we have a pretty good history for both sides as to where we come from, but I don't think my family was quite as affected by the wars as yours it sounds like. Makes it easier to track.

Ugh, we used to have the same thing. No lawn, but smokers. Playing fire drill in the apartment was no fun. Get a whiff of smoke, run as fast as you can closing all the windows so the apartment doesn't reek. No fun... I'll take a lawn of that any day.

#2244 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 139 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 AM

fire drill, yep, except ours doesnt require the windows or doors to be open--it comes up thru the vents (intake) or around the front door (you can see around the closed door--I put some weather striping but still not enough)..so we have a few more measures to take so that we dont reek of smoke...lots of candles and deodorizers.

and in the weather news...SNOW! (missed us, but was on the radar) and its COLD again--well at least I was able to open the door to the balcony today and air out the smoke of the morning (yep, woke me up today h0915.gif ...)

did I mention I hate this place???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users