2332 replies to this topic

#2311 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts
  • Guild:I'm supposed to have one?

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

sometimes getting a bit miffed does help, other times it does not--glad it worked for you --sorry to hear it was a repeat issue.

corolla here has some strange bumping noises--which it has had for a while so not completely worried, but still annoyed that it has not been mentioned the last 3 times the car was in....but soon its winter time and when the snow flies the corolla gets the garage, so I think she is hoping for snow really soon. though hubby also says we should have a cracked piece under the front bumper checked this winter as well, so will try to do both at the same time.

my halloween decor has been slowly creeping out.. a pumpkin here, a ghosty there...will get the rest out later this week as I have to get the box out (its on the bottom of the holiday decoration boxes of course)...its one of my favorite holidays to decorate for (probably has something to do with my sister having a halloween bday....).

had some rain today and looks like the rest of the week is going to be wet as well...and cool, am looking forward to having the balcony door open again for a bit (and letting the a/c have a day or week off).

{image of mouse belongs here} where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar?

#2312 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Well it worked that time but ya... So last night I get a call from my wife. She ended up getting rear ended on her way home. In the car we just got back from the shop... Thank goodness that both her and her mom are alright, just a bit stiff. Car is in rough shape though... It still drives but the back is majorly messed up. So I have spent my morning driving around to repair shops getting estimates. Needless to say, not pretty. Luckily our insurance is good and will work with those shops. The insurance of the lady who hit us? Ya... not so much... So we are going through our insurance and then letting our insurance deal with hers. So I will get to be without a car for over a week again once I put it into the shop. Again, glad everyone is ok, but it seriously sucks to have to deal with all of this after just getting that car out of the shop. Of all the cars they could have been driving, either the Civic or my mother-in-laws 01 Escape, it had to be the newest car... Oh well... (Just hope they don't total the car out since it is an 09...)

Haven't had a chance to do Halloween stuff. I'm sure my wife will start on that soon though.

We got a lot of rain yesterday (probably contributed to the accident although it seems like it was lack of attention on the other persons part). Supposed to get some more today and then have a week off from rain. So we will see. 

#2313 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

ouch!!! sorry to hear that, hope things work out. Seems like a LOT of accidents these days are due to one driver not paying attention (thought we had laws about texting/using phone while driving...but alas I must remember that the new gens dont think the laws are made for them but for everyone else).

rain, yep, but as everyone has said 'we needed it' so it wasnt too bad (and no thunderstorms so it was just nice rain).

We got some work done here, hubby had been eyeing dual monitors (which he has at his office) so we bucked up and got him the dual monitor stand and hooked up some monitors to it, dang that thing is heavy! Good thing our table is solid oak! (eye was drooling over the triple monitor stand, but having very little space to begin with I only gave in to the dual).....cant wait to see our electric bill with another computer part using watts......

I got my halloween decor out, and ghosties and pumpkins are adorning as much space as they can (with a few rats...er, fieps roaming as well). And even got some xmas shopping done (at the computer store go figure)....so have a good portion of that already taken care of for this year.

#2314 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

She was older than us, probably 40's. So not sure what happened on her part other than lack of attention. Quotes were between $3000 and $4000... Yikes... Glad I don't have to pay anything but my deductible. Sadly the lady's insurance is not good at all... Guess my insurance can deal with suing them when they don't pay up.

Lots of rain yesterday afternoon. Definitely needed so can't complain too much. I have dual monitors now but they just sit on my 2 foot wide desk. It works, but barely. 

#2315 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

so, I guess some of the me gen is rubbing off on older folk as well (still think its the phones...) and wow, that is a crazy amount for a car that is still drive-able....hope you have a good agent.

I am still working with a 15" monitor, which is not as bad as it sounds since I sit right in front of it (also still on xp...but that is another story).

Supposed to be a nice day today...have the balcony door open, though my allergies are annoyed by it.

#2316 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 504 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

Pwnd, so glad your wife is OK.  Having an accident like that is horrible but at least she isn't injured.

Cosy I am so shocked you are still on XP.  Apart from missing out on 7, the best OS from MS ever, it is so terribly insecure.  Do you have plans to move?

Anita Sarkeesian Hate and Heroism

Moderation related questions, or any query just contact me here

(I won’t do your maths homework!)

#2317 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

lol, insecure....I dont have issues with security...I will move when my computer either dies or can no longer function on the web with the 2 browsers I currently use (firefox and chrome). I do not share your opinion of 7 as we have a computer with it as well--and it has just as many issues with it (actually MORE)....so I will stay where I am until I can buy a new motherboard and put a new computer together. (I think xp was the best os, though I was a fan of previous os' that are long gone). I will say 7 is better than anything they have come out with since.

#2318 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Thanks, Aero. I'm very glad she is okay as well. Definitely could have been a lot worse.

Labor is what drives it up. They have to take off the old parts and then put the new ones on. Plus painting and refinishing. So all of that adds up pretty quick sadly. I've got it set to go into the shop this Wednesday and we will go from there. What happens happens.

I do miss Windows XP. Was a great operating system. Windows 7 was pretty good and Windows 10 is alright. Just had to keep moving up in order to play computer games unfortunately. 

#2319 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 504 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

10 messed up my mic

So what will you two do when the forum is gone? How am I going to know what the weather is liek with you? Do you tweet?

#2320 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

lol, I am not a twit nor on steam, heck, I still dont even own a cell phone (guess we call them 'smart' phones now, well, my landline phone aint too smart  :P )

Not sure about pwnd, but I am over on legacy and everyone is welcome over there.

(and its raining today and quite windy....will give a few more of my weather reports before the end....)

#2321 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

lol No tweeting here. I have Facebook but never use it. It was sad when we lost the original Guru. Hopefully they don't kill this one off too soon...

I have a legacy account, but I never get on anymore. I have kind of stepped away from forums as of late.

#2322 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

pwnd, you need to get out of OT more....guru2 is shutting down in december...we are going to have to move our discussions over to legacy!

also found out that the dumbasss cable co got rid of the only functional weather channel that actually shows local weather (the weather channel rarely shows weather anymore---and the scrawl they have on the bottom is for cities that are counties away from me...not really useful to know what the weather is like is say des moines when you live in cleveland! so now will have to keep the website of the weather channel in my favorites)

#2323 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

Whattttttttttttttt? Well dang it. I blame Curse for this. Guess I'll have to try to remember my Legacy info. RIP Guru... 

Weather channel really only does local on the 8's. Assuming they can fit it in of course. Pretty annoying. Though I guess knowing what Chicago is going to be like helps me out a least a little.

#2324 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

you can blame twitch for buying curse...and THEN curse.

If you have issues with your info, shoot me a line and I will help out (one of the benefits of working over there).

yeah, the weather channel very infrequently shows local on the 8's...and when I watch tv (early am...like before 4am) most channels arent even showing anything but infomercials, so even more frustrating.

#2325 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

I'll let you know if I don't remember it. I'm guessing is the same as the one here so hopefully that helps. Darn you Twitch! Who is owned by Amazon if I recall correctly...

I use my phone to get my weather now-in-days, it is quicker and more reliable. Plus I don't have to sift through California's weather that way.

#2326 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

welllllll....seeeing as I still dont have a phone (and no wish to spend hundreds of $$ on something that I would barely use---barely use my landline), I dont see me playing weatherman on a phone anytime soon.

Dont think I will understand why they shut that down, the dang weatherchannel doesnt even bother to show weather!! I can remember when I first saw that channel back in grad school....I spent a goodly amount of time watching it (much to the confusion of my roommates who didnt know I had never had cable before)...back then they showed the weather all the time, none of this drama junk, just plain ole weather ---all the time, every day. Ah well, as things change, its not always for the better (just like getting older).

So more things come to an end.

/sad panda

#2327 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 504 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

While I knew we had teh edges of a storm yesterday I was completely unprepared for a red sun. I must take more notice of the weather news in future ^^

and wow Cosy that end sentence was a bit depressing... made me think....

Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms but the horror of the shade,

Edited by Aero, 17 October 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#2328 Shadok

Shadok

Banned

• Moderators
  • 674 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SotL]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

<insert poetic yet ominous quote>

:(

Have a question concerning moderation? Just want to chat? Click right here.

#2329 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

oooop sorry, didnt mean to depress anyone ....:(

getting cooler here in the morning, but still nice during the day. Fall is here and :

"Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze."

so we will think back and remember as well.

#2330 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 504 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

I guess you spotted mine was from invictus so teh next line is

And yet teh menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid

so its a bit uplifting ^^

Embarrassed to say I had to look up yours, Cosy 

#2331 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

....sigh, how quickly they forget.

and it will come to pass.

All good things, must come to an end.

(ok, and bad things too, but we dont seem to be too upset when those end!)

"Everything they have ever known will come to an end."

#2332 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Aww geez guys, I didn't come her to be all depressed and stuff...

Looks like the warm weather here is gone. Looking like 50's for the foreseeable future. It was inevitable sadly.

#2333 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 PM

yeah it raining (again...oooo I hear a song!)

and the temps have finally moved into a more seasonable level (sad panda)....it was really nice while it lasted and was great to get out in late october without having more than a tshirt and pants! Though the cooler temps are great sleeping weather (which I managed to do for a better part of saturday)

sorry to depress you pwnd, that was not the intent. (though I could mention sports right now if you want to be depressed....how about those cubs!)

well my allergies seem to be in full swing as well...probably a high mold count ..............

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users