#1681 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3836 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

Preliminary Engineering Reports and manuals man. PERs suck. Majorly.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#1682 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

Didn't have to write any of those but they certainly don't sound fun at all...

#1683 Shadok

Shadok

Banned

• Moderators
  • 659 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SotL]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:31 AM

So it took 3 hours on Google and quite a bit of frustration, but I've finally figured out how to access an SQL server through the program I'm working on. If only my teacher had gone over this rather than talking about random things that aren't relevant to the course.

Have a question concerning moderation? Just want to chat? Click right here.

#1684 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TaG]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostShadok, on 22 October 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

So it took 3 hours on Google and quite a bit of frustration, but I've finally figured out how to access an SQL server through the program I'm working on. If only my teacher had gone over this rather than talking about random things that aren't relevant to the course.
I know the feeling! I've criticized the place where I study quite a lot (not directly).. but yeah, changing studying place next year...

Because ♥♥♥♥ THIS SHIT! #CAPSLOCKDAY ?

Edited by Kattar, 24 October 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#1685 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostShadok, on 22 October 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

I think you mean professor. Their is a difference you know!

#1686 Shadok

Shadok

Banned

• Moderators
  • 659 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SotL]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostI pwnd U, on 22 October 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

I think you mean professor. Their is a difference you know!

I refuse to call him a professor until he starts acting like one. The guy is hardly a programmer. Usually when a teacher asks questions in class, it's to test the knowledge of the students. This guy asks questions because he's confused...constantly. He'll be showing us sample code (which another professor wrote for him) and he won't understand how part of it works, so he'll ask us. And then he'll stand there for 10 minutes trying to figure it out. Then he'll tell us to take a 10 minute break so he can continue to try and figure it out.Then when we get back from break, he just skips it. That happens.. constantly.

We had a lab where we had to read information from a file and output it in a specific way, and now we're re-using that code to read from a database rather than a file. He spent the entire lecture explaining to us how tables are organized in SQL... which is incredibly pointless considering that we were already given a database to use for the lab, and the tables were all already created. He did not go over how to connect to SQL at all, he did not go over how to output data from SQL.. at all. The guy is incredibly clueless when it comes to teacher, and almost as clueless when it comes to programming.

Have a question concerning moderation? Just want to chat? Click right here.

#1687 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

If that is what he does don't call him a teacher either. Because he is clearly not. Call him the dude that stands in front of the class or something. Cause it sounds like he certainly isn't either a professor or a teacher.

#1688 Etta

Etta

99 Problems

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Lol. Still haunting this place eh, pwnd? :)

#1689 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

Teachers are those who didn't have the skills / "imagination" / desire to make money. :P It's annoying how they make some money by... failing at their job anyway.

I really like your title, Etta.

#1690 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2215 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:55 AM

View PostEtta, on 23 October 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Lol. Still haunting this place eh, pwnd? :)
Speaking of haunting, aren't you like 40 yet?

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#1691 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 620 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostKattar, on 24 October 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

The age of 40, sp00kiest thing of all.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"

#1692 Etta

Etta

99 Problems

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostKattar, on 24 October 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

Nope, not me. You must be thinking of snograt. I'm only 34. :(
How're you, Kat? Long time no chat.

#1693 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostCutthroat, on 23 October 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Teachers are those who didn't have the skills / "imagination" / desire to make money. :P It's annoying how they make some money by... failing at their job anyway.

I'm going to assume you are being sarcastic and pass on giving you a piece of my mind. Instead I'll have a good chuckle while silently cursing your possible stupidity. Tee...He..........He

34? Wow, aren't you about ready for a nursing home then Etta?

#1694 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2215 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostEtta, on 24 October 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

Nope, not me. You must be thinking of snograt. I'm only 34. :(
How're you, Kat? Long time no chat.
Doing alright. Same old same old basically. Been playing a lot of SWTOR lately. How have things been?

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

#1695 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

View PostI pwnd U, on 24 October 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm going to assume you are being sarcastic and pass on giving you a piece of my mind. Instead I'll have a good chuckle while silently cursing your possible stupidity. Tee...He..........He
Yeah, don't mind me. I'm just a wannabe gangsta from Finland.

Also, we don't need no education. :angel: Everything that is cool (invented by Americans) -- they haven't got those skills from school. I appreciate entertainment like music & sports, mastering those requires "hundreds of repeats" / "supernatural talent" every day.

Meh. I'm just saying "everything" I appreciate can't really be taught. But really, don't mind me, I'm criticizing everything lately. No offence - most Americans are kinda fake. Still I somehow really like your culture. That kind of pride Eminem has for example.

#1696 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

A lot of Americans are fake. They try to act like someone they are not. Which is really annoying to me as well. They try to be the movie star/athlete/whoever they look up too instead of themselves. Makes them seem really fake. Be yourself people, more people will like you that way!

#1697 Etta

Etta

99 Problems

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 PM

View PostI pwnd U, on 24 October 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

34? Wow, aren't you about ready for a nursing home then Etta?
I wish. Thanks God, I don't have any kid,... yet.

View PostKattar, on 24 October 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

Doing alright. Same old same old basically. Been playing a lot of SWTOR lately. How have things been?
Busy being an adult (lol). Working just not as fun when you moved up to a senior designer position. Been a busy year, apart from that, all good. :)

How's SWTOR these days? I used to play it a lot just before it went F2P. I'm pretty much free from now till next year. Need to catch up on my gaming.

Edited by Etta, Yesterday, 01:03 PM.

#1698 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2215 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 PM

SWTOR is fun. There's a new expansion coming out in December, so they released a leveling perk for subs that makes it so that all your have to do are the class story missions to level to 55. That's pretty cool. Still get to experience the story and will be ready for all the new stuff when it comes out.

Congrats on the promotion. I just got one of those at work too. Finally making close to what I'm actually worth there. Heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users