1733 replies to this topic

#1711 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

♥♥♥♥ you then. :D Kitten,

I like Advanced Warfare so far. There's finally variety compared to old CoD games. Of course Titanfall & Destiny etc implemented some of the things first. The worst thing so far is getting a bad host.

Edited by Cutthroat, 03 November 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#1712 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1473 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

Advanced Warfare - it's a new CoD!... it's brought in WoW bunny jumping into CoD!

Rather than just running around and shooting wildly... you jump around everywhere shooting wildly instead! :P

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM

#1713 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:08 PM

lol I have seen some videos on the new COD. Not sure if I want to get it or not. Seems pretty cool but I just don't know...

#1714 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5473 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostI pwnd U, on 05 November 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

lol I have seen some videos on the new COD. Not sure if I want to get it or not. Seems pretty cool but I just don't know...
I'd roll with Titanfall if you think it looks fun. The gunplay is CoD-ish (the company used to work on CoD games) but there is a shitton of fun shit in it. I have it on PC and, well, just love to shoot stuff sometimes, ya know? That and I can't stand CoD kiddies.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#1715 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

Already have Titanfall. It is pretty awesome, but the gameplay just wasn't deep enough to keep me going... Which is sad because it was a fun game. I also have it on PC, I wonder if my lack of enthusiasm for it after a while is because I didn't have someone to play with. Always more fun to play with a friend.

#1716 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostI pwnd U, on 06 November 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

I wonder if my lack of enthusiasm for it after a while is because I didn't have someone to play with. Always more fun to play with a friend.
True, it's actually possible to carry games with 2-3 decent players. (But I don't know about Titanfall because not a single friend on Steam played it.)

Wait some time before you get the new CoD:

http://www.reddit.co...servers_in_cod/

Lag compensation has always been an issue in Call of Duty games due to Activision’s reluctance to fork out for dedicated servers, though it seems to be a much more common issue in Advanced Warfare. This is unfortunate, as the core game is actually tremendous fun to play – when it’s working properly.

I'm not here to complain about it. It really was fun while it worked. In Flames gig was better tho.

#1717 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:59 AM

Well Titanfall is only on EA's Origin so that's probably why you never saw anyone on Steam playing it. It isn't on their. And I don't know if I will get COD. If I do I feel like I would want to get it for a system, not for my PC. In which case I would have to by a new one. So ya. Probably won't.

#1718 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2223 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

Origin makes me giggle. I barely use Steam as it is anyway so another thing to log in to or remember a password for to play a game is just stupid.

I think about replaying Mass Effect every once in awhile but then remember it was on Origin.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#1719 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

Steam is alright, though I have a ton of games on it, very few of which I play anymore. I don't have quite as many games on Origin, but I seem to play them a bit more. Either way I miss the days of installing a game and being able to just play the game without having to have another program boot up. Oh well.

#1720 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 622 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:57 AM

Ugh Steam, so many games I want to play that I don't have time for. Almost done my first semester of Uni. In a bit of a hell week now, too many essays, too little time.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"

#1721 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

Time is definitely the bigger issue once you get older. When your younger you can come home from school and play games. When you are older it doesn't quite work that way.

#1722 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1473 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostI pwnd U, on 13 November 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Time is definitely the bigger issue once you get older. When your younger you can come home from school and play games. When you are older it doesn't quite work that way.
Till you retire, then you can play games all day!.... well, more likely half the day as you'll prolly have a nap or 2 throughout the day! :P

#1723 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3838 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostI pwnd U, on 13 November 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Time and just having played so many games. I have been finding that I am just not finishing games these days. My steam list is populated by a dozen or so games that I started then stopped. I just get bored. They don't hold my attention anymore. I guess I have just played so many games that I always feel like I have played this before just with different graphics. Every once in a while I stumble on one that feels fresh (Transistor), but even then I stop before I complete it for some reason.

I have actually been playing some of the old games again. Consoles. Legends of Dragoon, Shadows of the Empire, FFX, FFIX, Chrono Trigger, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil, System Shock. Amusingly, I am actually finishing them. I may have played the games before, but I am so much better at them now than when I was a kid (holy crap playing LoD and the FF games now is so much different).

Then, when it comes to multiplayer games, it the same without a social aspect. A lot of these new MMOs just don't have systems that help or encourage friendships. I play TSW and Arcage a bit, but I just get bored after a bit since I don't really have people to play with. People in the games are generally "meh" and finding groups that don't just suck is harder and harder. Then, if you do, people hop to another game and you have to look again. I love TSW. I haven't played an MMO that had lore that intrigued me as much or was filled with side quests that I actually wanted to play since GW1 or DAoC. But I don't have any friends there to actually play with.

I have considered going back to playing EVE. I know my corp mates still play (or the important ones), but I don't have the time for EVE (I don't think) and I haven't played in 2 years so I would be relearning a ton of stuff.

Edited by Feathermoore, 13 November 2014 - 02:41 PM.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#1724 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

I'd be more than happy to take 2 naps a day! :P

I have found the same thing. Very few games that I start do I see all the way through. I usually stop and move on to a new game or stop playing for a while. I'm currently at the stop playing for a while point. Just haven't had time and by the time I get home from work I just don't have the energy, or the time, to put into playing a game...

#1725 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5473 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

I think it also comes down to the fact that you've hit all these beats before, for the most part. You can do that with a movie because the entire thing is done in a couple hours at most, but games have been made, priced, and expected to last upwords of 10.

And you can't simply disengage and veg out like a movie, no, you are forced to interact.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#1726 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

They do start to feel repetitive after a while. Campaign, stop that bad guy. Multiplayer, shoot that other guy. All kind of the same with the exception of how you do it. And even that in some games feels the same. Even with Titanfall's multiplayer it felt the same. Shoot the guy running on walls while running on walls. Well I'm still running so ya...

#1727 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3838 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

Now I wan't to make an FPS where you can only shoot if you are standing still.

I will call it "Running Target: Sitting Duck."

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#1728 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

Oh oh oh, I think I played a game like that once! It had a dog in it or something. That damn dog... Always laughing at me when I missed...

#1729 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1766 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

Games have not made an impression on me during the last years. Currently I play Neverwinter MMO and it is completely free(though you can use real money to win) Dungeon Dragons Forgotten Realms world. Neverwinter MMO is ok to me though I would not say excellent game.

Cod games does not interest me that much at least not the original. I like when it is a bit fantasy in the mix like Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a classic excellent game. I did also like a lot Unreal Tournament 2004 a SCIFI classic, but not realistic.

Titanfall? If it would be a free demo I would like to try it, but that seems not possible currently. I would also like to test it due to system requirements.

Edited by Stargate, 22 November 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#1730 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2223 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Finally got a new phone after like 3 years. Battery life WAT.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

#1731 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:13 AM

I could use a new phone. Soon I hope...

#1732 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1473 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

Pfft. phone battery going? Just get a new battery... cheaper than anew phone :P

New battery = $40-60
vs
New Phone = $600-1,000+

So far, my phone has lasted 4 years, and still going strong! :D

#1733 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2223 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

Not everyone lives in the land of really expensive electronic gadgets. In this case, my new iPhone was cheaper than a battery.

#1734 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted Today, 02:12 AM

Ya my iPhone is so old that the software is going bad... Trying to close something out? Psh, try again and again because it goes back to main screen or the app without closing it. Just becoming slower and slower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users