#1741 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

The only extra money I spend on games is for expansion packs. I don't buy in-game stuff to help me "win" or compete or whatever. I'll get it eventually or if I can't because you have to pay for it, I just won't get it. And I'm a-okay with that.

#1742 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5473 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

Cosmetics are what I get, I refuse to pay for power.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#1743 Shadok

Shadok

Banned

• Moderators
  • 659 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SotL]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostCorsair, on 04 December 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

I have 1600 hours on Dota2, y u no add me

Have a question concerning moderation? Just want to chat? Click right here.

#1744 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5473 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostShadok, on 04 December 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

I have 1600 hours on Dota2, y u no add me
I mostly play against bots because time and I hate people.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#1745 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Heard a lot about Dota2 and LoL. Never tried any of them though. I've kind of dropped out of the whole RPG stuff for the moment.

#1746 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1766 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostShadok, on 02 December 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

I spent so much money on Neverwinter, and I didn't even buy a Founder Pack. I have a SERIOUS problem with random loot boxes. I went back through my transactions and realized I had spent about $300-400 on Neverwinter, over the past 3 years I've spent like $600-700 on Dota2, and I've spent about $200-300 on GW2. I have a serious problem.. and I'm not currently actively playing any of those games.
Well I can admit that while I am 100% free player in Neverwinter MMO I have spent more then 500 euro on World of Warcraft. WOW was a good game to me, but eventually I got bored on it.

View PostI pwnd U, on 03 December 2014 - 02:56 AM, said:

And that is why I avoid any kind of in game transactions. If it is a FTP game I go ahead and play and buy nothing. Don't need to spend more money that I don't have on it...
Yes, but the lovely thing with Neverwinter MMO is that you can actually be free player and still powerful.

View PostCorsair, on 04 December 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

You should avoid Neverwinter MMO community with that logic at all costs. You will be hated in the forums of Neverwinter if you even try to suggest that logic or the moderators will simply remove your post. When I rarely mention that I am free player in Neverwinter forums then I also say that I respect all paying customers.

In Neverwinter MMO yes there are cosmetics things you can buy also, but more then 90% is none cosmetic. I have the opposite morals regarding then you. I refuse to buy something cosmetic unless it falls under X.. factor you know for adults only.

Edited by Stargate, 07 December 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#1747 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1766 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hi first of all my previous post was not meant to insult anyone. Many of you have studied more(I mean higher rank I am an engineer) then me by the way so be happy. I am taking a programming course that starts January 2015, but I am not full time studying it is a net course you can do that on your own time evenings etc. though at some point we meet to go through exercises but that is an evening course so even employed people could take it.

Personally I believe programming is better to find permanent long term job instead of IT support. My brother works fulltime as a programmer.

One last thing about Neverwinter MMO. I have a new project now. I have decided as 100% free player in Neverwinter MMO decided to create a Rank 10 enchantment which is highest possible in the game. Rank 10 enchantments are so expensive so if you would try to buy it with real money that enchantment would cost roughly 50 euro. That is very expensive since that one character can have many enchantments and most players want more then one character to play with.

Most of the Neverwinter MMO community uses rank 5-9 enchantments. My plan is either to sell the Rank 10 enchantment that I produce/create during year 2015 or if no one buys for the price I want well fine then I use it myself. Finally this is NOT a plan to make real money in the world. I am only talking about how I try to get money in Neverwinter MMO as ingame money to buy other game stuff.

Finally what I like about the producer Perfect World is that in future I could transfer my Astral Diamonds and ZEN the game currency to another MMO that Perfect World is producer of. None of those other MMO:s interest me now, but hard to predict future years.

Edited by Stargate, 15 December 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#1748 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

Soooooooo, who is ready for the holidays?

#1749 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2227 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

I get to work for most of that week. So it's whatever.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#1750 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Already looking forward to midsummer.

#1751 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

One of the perks of being a teacher. I get 2 weeks off. Woo! Now just to make it through finals week...

#1752 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1766 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostI pwnd U, on 17 December 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

One of the perks of being a teacher. I get 2 weeks off. Woo! Now just to make it through finals week...
Yeah be happy. I am happy that my real life friend who is part time teacher(not fulltime, but gets full hour salary so not a trainee, but never works fulltime i.e not 40 hours or not 37,5 hours which is typical in my country) and who also plays Neverwinter MMO has though usually a casual player for once more time to play Neverwinter MMO.

I will play later today Neverwinter MMO with my real life friend who is part time teacher.

As for actual Christmas it is about meeting relatives, play board and card games.

However this EAT EAT EAT and do no exercise on Christmas is not my thing! There is nothing wrong eating good food, but I need physical exercise even on Christmas.

That said even on Christmas eve 24 December my luxury gym Elixia Sats is open. The only day the gym is closed totally is 25th December the Christmas day.

I am not a hardcore body builder i.e weight lifter generally, but I like good exercise. I have trained martial Arts in the past and one of my favorite group training in the gym are cycling but also this:

One simple exercise that many can do with relatives on Christmas during days is of course simply taking a walk. We have "warm" climate right now in my country so I don't expect cross country skiing possibility(and that is not my favorite thing anyway) in south of Finland during Christmas. February is usually though very cold and lots of snow in my country.

Edited by Stargate, 18 December 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#1753 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3838 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

The production facility is closed all next week so I have the whole week off. Annoyingly it was forced PTO so I don't get to roll over those hours to next year. January is going to be ridiculously busy. Wowsers.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#1754 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1419 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

University here in The Netherlands continues, so I'm off Christmas, 2nd Christmas day, new year, and 2 days after that.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#1755 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

They always seem to find  a way to make you use all of your PTO so that hardly any of it rolls over. My wife is in a similar situation where unless she wants to work on Christmas she has to use PTO. Though I think some of hers is still going to roll over since she doesn't have to worry about a plant shut down.

#1756 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2227 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:03 AM

Be happy you get PTO. That's all I'm sayin'.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#1757 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:11 PM

The first time my wife said PTO I was really confused as to why they had parents involved... Darn teaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users