#1861 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

Usually they do. They still have players who fake injuries to waste time at the end of a game, but it isn't as big of a deal as with soccer. They don't roll around screaming like an infant only to hop up once a foul is called and be fine. That pisses me off so much...

#1862 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:57 AM

Frankly, Soccer ref's should all carry guns with them... whenever a player goes down and cries foul and that they are injured... the ref shoots them in the leg. No need to wonder if the injury is faked or not :P

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM

#1863 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

That sounds like an excellent plan. They just have to do it once before the others learn. Would make it all soooo much better!

#1864 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3872 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Faking injury in American Football is steadily getting worse though. You won't often see a flop trying to get a foul in AF due to the difference in rules. AF fouls are very very clear cut and flopping just won't get you anything. Soccer fouls don't have the same clear cut definitions so flopping can call attention and get one called.

In AF you will see fake injuries used to get a "soft" time out when the other team has momentum. You see it more often in college and it is disgusting. A player lays on the field holding his right leg, the trainers run on the field and stretch it a bit, then the player limps off the field LIMPING ON THE WRONG LEG, then he proceeds to stop limping the instant he is on the sideline and returns to the game the next play. It is a horrid abuse of the rules that needs to start being punished. Watch a game that has a team that runs hurry up offense a lot (NCSU, Oregon, Arizona) and watch for the defense to cramp after a few down conversions.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#1865 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

They have started to punish that by making the team use a timeout. Also if you don't have a timeout there is a 10 second run off or something like that. They need to start handing out more cards to those who fake injuries in soccer, might help stop it a bit. They have already started to do that with the floppers.

#1866 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

Same solution. Ref's carry guns and anyone who does the injured shtick... gets shot in the leg. No more fake injuries from then on :P

Edited by Kamatsu, 17 February 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#1867 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

My my, aren't we ready for some violence? lol

#1868 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2263 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

Kam is aussie, so yeah he's basically always ready. Too much blood rushing to his head from being upside down all the time.

Anyone else covered in ice/snow?

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#1869 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:03 AM

We still have snow on the ground but I wouldn't say covered. Not like the Northeastern parts of the US. Seems to hit us and then get 10x worse to hit them.

#1870 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostI pwnd U, on 17 February 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

My my, aren't we ready for some violence? lol

View PostKattar, on 19 February 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

Kam is aussie, so yeah he's basically always ready.
Well, when you live in a country which has most of the top 10 deadliest animal's in the world... where just going to the loo you risk life and limb due to the nasty critters that just want to kill you... you bloody well bet we're always ready for some violence! :P

Edited by Kamatsu, 20 February 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#1871 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

lol Kill or be killed there.

#1872 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2263 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

Welp, several more inches of snow here and it's still going. They completely missed the forecast on this one too. They were calling for less than an inch.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

#1873 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3872 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostKattar, on 24 February 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Welp, several more inches of snow here and it's still going. They completely missed the forecast on this one too. They were calling for less than an inch.

I'm basically locked in my apartment complex for this very reason. Though I can walk over to the grocery store if i absolutely have to.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#1874 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

We are supposed to get more snow here tomorrow and tomorrow night. Maybe we will get enough to have a snow day on Thursday? We can only hope...

#1875 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

You know.. many people might think it's safe just to walk down by the beach, or play in rock-pools by the sea... but not in Australia!

You go walking around those rock pools... never know when ya feet will get attacked by a lurking Octopus!

Just ask the crab in this video.... oh wait, it's dead and eaten! :P

#1876 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

It's just an octopus eating a crab. Nothing new there. Sheesh, if that is as scary as Australia gets then maybe Australians aren't as tough as we all though.

#1877 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2263 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:35 AM

It's the accent. No one sounds tough with that accent.

#1878 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostI pwnd U, on 26 February 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

It's just an octopus eating a crab. Nothing new there. Sheesh, if that is as scary as Australia gets then maybe Australians aren't as tough as we all though.
lol That was nothing really :) Just a "watch out your toes might get nibbled" scene :)

Scary? How about 15+ft (15+m) long salties (salt water crocs), that happen to weigh in at 1+ ton (ie 2,000+ lb)  - which happen to be the biggest, meanest & most aggressive of all the Croc families in the world (those Alligators you have in Florida are so cuddly and cute compared to Salties)... As I live in the tropical north, we live with these. They are in the sea, creek's & river's here... where people go swimming & fishing all the time (tho not if we see the crocs.. which can be hard, they look like floating logs/driftwood... pfft!)

Don't forget we also have some of the worlds deadliest snakes, spiders, fish & other critters. Taipan's (the most venomous snake in the world), Sydney Funnel Web... and even our most unique and loveable critter.. the Platypus, is one of the most venomous critters in the world. We also have Stonefish (most venomous fish in the world), Box Jellyfish (argubly the most venomous jellyfish), blue ringed octupus... not to mention a host of other deadly critters to contend with. Like wild boar, drop bears, conesnails, red-back spiders, kangaroo's, dingo's, monitor lizards, tiger & great white sharks, etc and so on.

Edited by Kamatsu, 26 February 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#1879 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2263 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

m8

srsly m8

#1880 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

I feel like this is Australia's way of keeping immigrants out. They just don't want more people to join them in their lovely slice of paradise.

#1881 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

Yoiu know, had a thought about all you poor people stuck in places due to blizzards, snow, etc... coupled with the above talk about deadly animal's in Australia. We don't usually have to worry at all about snow, blizzards, etc like you do. Instead we have lots and lots of bushfires. And yes, I do realize you have extremely bad bushfires as well in your summer's. However, with this thought... it reminded me of an image I've seen of a "Fire Danager" sign spotted in Australia... and just had to share.

Posted Image

Edited by Kamatsu, 28 February 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#1882 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

There we go again, trying to make Australia sound all dangerous and stuff. I don't see you guys getting frostbitten!

#1883 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3872 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

Psh. Natural disasters? Australia? Say what? Australia is the safest continent when it comes to natural disasters by a large (huge actually) margin.

#1884 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

They just have to worry about fires I guess. No hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. Jerks.

#1885 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1490 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

Huh what?

We get Bushfires, Cyclones, Draught, Floods, Hailstorms (with hail as big as rugby balls :P), Tsumani's (yeah, we've had a few tsumani warnings go off here, tho luckily nothing bad came from them), heatwaves, and others... including idiotic tourist's :P

BTW Cyclones are basically beefed up Hurricanes :P

#1886 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Sounds like you are struggling to make it sound really bad all of a sudden. Hmmm. I think Australia is a beautiful place where it is paradise all the time. You just don't want us to know!

#1887 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3872 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

View PostKamatsu, on 03 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Huh what?

We get Bushfires, Cyclones, Draught, Floods, Hailstorms (with hail as big as rugby balls :P), Tsumani's (yeah, we've had a few tsumani warnings go off here, tho luckily nothing bad came from them), heatwaves, and others... including idiotic tourist's :P

BTW Cyclones are basically beefed up Hurricanes :P

*cough*hurricanescyclonesandtyphoonsareregionalnamesbutarereallyexactlythesame*cough*

Your worst Cyclone ever killed 400 people (also the worst natural disaster in Australia). The US's worst hurricane on record killed over 8,000 and some estimates put it upwards of 12,000 (Galveston).

The worst flood in Australia killed 80, the worst in the US: 2000+. (The worst ever being in China at 1,000,000 good god)

0 Avalanches, Earthquakes, or Blizzards. Your heatwaves don't make the top 10 (the US has the honor of having 5 of them, more than anyone else).

Australia has one spot on the lists of 10 deadliest natural disasters for each disaster. The Black Saturday Brush fires took the 9th place with 173 deaths. Guess who took #1? The US, with a death toll in the thousands (along with taking 3 other spots on the list, more than anyone else).

Australia's natural disasters are a joke. Your animals might be trying to kill you, but that's about it.

Edited by Feathermoore, 03 March 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#1888 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2263 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

Kam was wrong about something. Wish I could say this was the first time.

Posted Image

#1889 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3872 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

Posted Image

#1890 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users