• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Interview: French fansites meet Stéphane (CM)| Mondes persistants

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Voltar

Voltar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:50 AM

Jonny10 said:

Do not make plans on the comet.

That's good advice for anytime.

#32 Gregor Lightbringer

Gregor Lightbringer

Praire Home Companion

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

King said:

Well, that's good to know. :surprised:

I just wonder at what degree will it block the personal storyline; you probably can choose one of those affiliations at that point if you chose none.

And changing the affiliation is nice too. :D

I fix it for you. It is NOT afflictions.  ;)

#33 Eanny

Eanny

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Darcy said:

@Eanny - so where are Zav's drawings?  (I'm a big fan of his Lili Frog.)

I don't know. I only did the translation. I am not part of "monde persistant" staff.

#34 Stéphane Lo Presti

Stéphane Lo Presti

ArenaNet

• ArenaNet
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Darcy said:

@Eanny - so where are Zav's drawings?  (I'm a big fan of his Lili Frog.)

More to come soon ;)

About the details I posted on my wiki journal, they were answers of French fans that I didn't find on English boards, but here is what Ree Soesbee originally said:

The choice of an order is not compulsory, however, you can’t progress through the full extent of the storyline unless you do so. You can change orders once you’ve chosen one – with a little effort – but parts of the storyline are linked to the orders, so in order to see certain facets of the personal story, you will need to join one. That said, you can play the game without joining one if you truly choose to do so.

#35 Gregor Lightbringer

Gregor Lightbringer

Praire Home Companion

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Stéphane Lo Presti said:

More to come soon ;)

About the details I posted on my wiki journal, they were answers of French fans that I didn't find on English boards, but here is what Ree Soesbee originally said:

The choice of an order is not compulsory, however, you can’t progress through the full extent of the storyline unless you do so. You can change orders once you’ve chosen one – with a little effort – but parts of the storyline are linked to the orders, so in order to see certain facets of the personal story, you will need to join one. That said, you can play the game without joining one if you truly choose to do so.

So it is possible that you can go through the whole game by being a "wandering hero"? At least this is what I am picking up from here and one other thread as well.

#36 Gigashadow

Gigashadow

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2363 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

Stéphane Lo Presti said:

More to come soon ;)

So I could play 99% through the story (but not finish it) with order A, then switch to order B, and do 99% of its story, and then order C?

#37 Matthew Browne

Matthew Browne

Golem Rider

• Site Contributors
  • 3173 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Gregor Lightbringer said:

So it is possible that you can go through the whole game by being a "wandering hero"? At least this is what I am picking up from here and one other thread as well.

My understanding on it: You can get through the whole game, but not through the whole story. You can do dungeons/events level up and visit every part of the world - except your personal story will stop progressing.

#38 Lady Syve

Lady Syve

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

Matthew Browne said:

My understanding on it: You can get through the whole game, but not through the whole story. You can do dungeons/events level up and visit every part of the world - except your personal story will stop progressing.

This is what I understood as well.

#39 Gregor Lightbringer

Gregor Lightbringer

Praire Home Companion

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

Matthew Browne said:

That's what I meant. No further personal story other than the beginning. ;)

#40 Stéphane Lo Presti

Stéphane Lo Presti

ArenaNet

• ArenaNet
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

Gigashadow said:

So I could play 99% through the story (but not finish it) with order A, then switch to order B, and do 99% of its story, and then order C?

You won't be able to do that.

Matthew Browne said:

Pretty much, if by "whole" you mean all major areas.

#41 Dissy

Dissy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

But I loved being able to go through the luxon campign then through the kurzick one if i wanted if not only for the skills, will each order have certain skills you can only get from them?

Edited by Dissy, 17 June 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#42 Gregor Lightbringer

Gregor Lightbringer

Praire Home Companion

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

Stéphane Lo Presti said:

Pretty much, if by "whole" you mean all major areas.

So there will be some "areas" or "history" you won't be able to do without creating a new charater? That's what it sounds like which is fine. Been there done that line of "story telling" for years.  :D