• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 norsk

norsk

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I see under the Targeting Options there is a bind for Lock Auto Target, what exactly does this action do?

The other options Auto Targeting and Automatically Promote Skill Targets to Full Targets won't switch your target if you already have a target selected (according to the wiki) so I don't really see the point in locking your auto target.  

Edited by norsk, 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#2 jozeph

jozeph

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

See this post: http://www.guildwars...os-tips-tricks/

#3 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

It is for when you lose your targeting (ie: it died, or stealthed) and you already have a skill queued, but you do not want it to auto-activate on the next nearest target.

It is not a toggle; you have to manually hold the lock key down just before your target dies.

Edited by Trei, 17 July 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#4 Igaku

Igaku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I wish this actually made it so it temporarily disabled Autotargeting, which it doesn't seem to do... I like to use the Swoop with the greatsword as a way to gain a speed boost while fleeing and sometimes I'll just fly back to the enemy chasing me.

Holding the "Lock Auto Target" doesn't help and it still autotargets and attacks the nearest enemy, so I guess either that's not what it was intended to do (disabling Autotargeting while holding the key) or it's not working right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Keybindings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users