• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vahkris

Vahkris

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Always Be Questing (ABQ) is my personal blog about gaming but has a major focus on Guild Wars 2 since that's my obsession.  I've played MMOs since MUDs and EQ1, so it's been an interesting trip seeing where MMOs have come from and where they're going.  My articles are based on that experience, however there are non-MMO articles on the blog as well.  I'll only be updating this thread for the GW2-specific ones.  The blog layout itself is more of a work in progress, but slowly coming together.

---

GW2 articles posted on the blog:

Guild Wars 2 Primer - Primer on GW2

Norrath to Tyria - Transition series detailing information players of other MMOs may need to know when coming over to GW2, focusing specifically on the differences from EverQuest 2 since I know more people who play that game than any other MMO.

Dynamic Events and the Subtle Training of Questing - Thoughts on the subtle training of questing and how it affects how players see events in GW2.

The Nature of Dynamic Events - ArenaNet's Hat Trick - Thoughts on dynamic events and how it has parallels, and possibly incorporates the good parts, of previous content.

The last day dawns... - Thoughts on the final day pre-Guild Wars 2 and the feelings that must be going through ArenaNet on this special day.

The Lost Shores awaits... - Thoughts on the November game release, specifically about Agony and Ascended items, as well as what I've been doing related to it.

Beta posts
BWE1 Report (Videos)
BWE2 Report
Six interesting yet minor details about Guild Wars 2 I learned in BWE2

Feel free to reply with comments.  I'm basically posting stuff to flex my writing, regardless of whether people really want to read them, and because I have a lot of thoughts in my head so I figured I might as well write about them (because that's what normal people do, right?).

I will be updating this thread as new articles are posted.

Thank you.

Edited by Vahkris, 16 November 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#2 Vahkris

Vahkris

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

I posted a new article today about my thoughts on Dynamic Events, going a bit into their history and some interesting parallels with previous forms of content.

The Nature of Dynamic Events - ArenaNet's Hat Trick

This is a followup to the previous article.

Edited by Vahkris, 25 July 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#3 Vahkris

Vahkris

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

New article today, my thoughts on the final day before Guild Wars 2's launch and what it must feel like for the developers.

The Last Day Dawns...

Including a quote from a developer that really shows off how they feel.

Edited by Vahkris, 24 August 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#4 Vahkris

Vahkris

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

New article...yesterday.  Some quick thoughts on the Lost Shores content, specifically about Agony and Ascended items, as well as a quick note on what I've been doing (besides working, family, and playing GW2).

The Lost Shores awaits...

Edited by Vahkris, 16 November 2012 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users