• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[EU-EN] Which world will you roll on for BWE3/Live?

europe english world bwe3 live release server

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Rainbrowman

Rainbrowman

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Isn't the petrified forest the unofficial rp server in the EU?

#62 Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Desolation baby.

#63 Fuin

Fuin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostRainbrowman, on 25 July 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Isn't the petrified forest the unofficial rp server in the EU?

I believe the server list has changed.

#64 Chey

Chey

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SnM]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Still trying to decide, want to avoid servers where there is a risk of not getting all our guild on cos they are so rammed full ie Desolation

is there a 3rd English one if Gandara gets to full??

#65 Rainbrowman

Rainbrowman

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hmmm... Well then it becomes Piken Square or Desolation...

#66 Chey

Chey

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostVasagore, on 25 July 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

My guild played on Vabbi for BWE3, but will likely change for live, as there was a lot of public chat in "strange" languages that I couldn't make out (most likely Polish and Russian, as I found that a Polish GW2 gaming site has picked Vabbi, and so has a Russian Alliance with 5-6 guilds or something).

Currently favoring Gandara, which seem slightly less populated than Desolation and hopefully less public chat that none from our guild understands (we wanna try and avoid "server full" issues if we can, so Desolation is off our list).

-Vas

:( we were looking at Vabbi too

#67 Nightfall Crescent

Nightfall Crescent

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I played on Vabbi and to be honnest, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
Sure you might see some Polish or Russian at times (and indeed some frensh) but it's still mostly English in my experience.
For example, I spend pretty much all of saterday in WvW and all communication (which was a lot) was done in English. So no problems there. But then again. I am rather tolerant towards that stuff.

Also. The 4chan stigma the server has... I haven't seen any 4chan nonsense.

It's actually a pretty relaxing server.

#68 Broganos

Broganos

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MF]

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

Mandalorian Forge (PvX) will be rolling on Lakeside County.

Good experience in WvW and met some great players.

#69 LastDay

LastDay

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

I was thinking either Gandara or Desolation.
Gandara for GW2guru, Desolation for seeing Somnium kick butt. :P

Seeing all the Finns on Desolation I'll probably go there.

#70 Shasow

Shasow

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Where's Crystal Desert on that list? Isn't that a US server too? Also, what's PvX?

Edited by Shasow, 26 July 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#71 Juno

Juno

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostShasow, on 26 July 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Also, what's PvX?

I guess it means they will focus on both PvP and PvE.

#72 Chey

Chey

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostNightfall Crescent, on 25 July 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I played on Vabbi and to be honnest, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
Sure you might see some Polish or Russian at times (and indeed some frensh) but it's still mostly English in my experience.
For example, I spend pretty much all of saterday in WvW and all communication (which was a lot) was done in English. So no problems there. But then again. I am rather tolerant towards that stuff.

Also. The 4chan stigma the server has... I haven't seen any 4chan nonsense.

It's actually a pretty relaxing server.

discussing this within our guild they report only seeing foreign chat while in overflow server and thats normal as they are cross server

met some more nice folks that are going to Vabbi so looks like that will be our server of choice, knowing some good communities are going there is better than going to another server where you dont know who is going there at all

also no one we have talked to have reported any 4chan style happenings

Edited by Chey, 26 July 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#73 krOnicLTD

krOnicLTD

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

i think i'll stay on desolation too.. i want a high populated server because after the first weeks many will stop playing and i don't want to end up on a server that has no chance in WvW xD that would suck.. i also intend to play quite much in the first weeks so i should be up with the other hardcore players on that server

as i don't have a guild yet i'm also free to go were i want to xD hopefully there will be some good normal guilds on desolation that aren't focused only on competition but also allow some fun xD i love guilds that have casual and hardcore players in them at once, not only casual or only hardcore

/e: of course i want an english only server.. my native language is german but i hate to play games in german (and watch movies too..). i play games and watch movies in english only since many years and thats the best way to go for me

Edited by mOnzun, 26 July 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#74 Pezza

Pezza

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TTG]

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

After going through multiple servers during the first two Beta weekends, Desolation came across the best suited for me. I found this server to have a good population of English speaking players + we won our WvW ha :).

#75 shadar

shadar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ACID]

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostChey, on 26 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

discussing this within our guild they report only seeing foreign chat while in overflow server and thats normal as they are cross server

met some more nice folks that are going to Vabbi so looks like that will be our server of choice, knowing some good communities are going there is better than going to another server where you dont know who is going there at all

also no one we have talked to have reported any 4chan style happenings

My guild was also on Vabbi and we all had fun. English was the dominant language in all chat, saw some other languages but that doesn't really bother me. We're not a first language English guild but make the effort to use it in all chat.

WvW population was quite high (que for maps almost every time :/) and our score was decent. I don't think we won our matchups, but we were not roflstomped either.

btw I had no idea about /vg/ 4chan being on Vabbi till I read this topic lol

#76 Nightfall Crescent

Nightfall Crescent

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I remember your [ACID] Guild from WvW :D

I actually followed you guys around for some time getting back our supply camps against Kodash.

But the enemy was just more organised. We did have some hard competition. First Desolation and then Far Shiverpeaks.
Also: Vabbi never had more then 'medium' population and those servers were always on 'high'. So yeah.
At this point it looks like we won't be a top server, but that's ok. In fact I kinda prefere it.

#77 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 16 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hmmmm Do not know much about the Worlds and who has clamied them and such, Canadian player who just randomly picked Sea of Sorrows for no other reason that it sounded cool! :P  Hope it will be a decent server or I may end up in trouble!

:(

Edited by PowderedToastMan, 26 July 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#78 shadar

shadar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ACID]

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Good remember or bad remember? :D

You are correct on all counts, I also don't see Vabbi being a WvW powerhouse and I'm also OK with that. Especially if that means all my guildies can load in the same map without too much queing.
Surprizingly enough, WvW was fun even when loosing (well unless it's one of those matchups where one world is dominating with every point on every map capped..)

Edited by shadar, 26 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#79 Nightfall Crescent

Nightfall Crescent

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postshadar, on 26 July 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

(well unless it's one of those matchups where one world is dominating with every point on every map capped..)

You mean like the end of sunday when Far Shiverpeaks had 100% map domination? :D yeah that sucked.

Oh and we did manage to get our camps back. So good remember ;-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: europe, english, world, bwe3, live, release, server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users