Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

Unofficial Oceanic Servers

oceanic guilds australia new zealand sea of sorrows darkhaven gate of madness servers sea unofficial

  • Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#61 Oolius

Oolius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostBael, on 23 July 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

I'm likely going to look for a guild to join before release, and then roll on whatever home server they designate. I don't see a reason for me to choose a server and then look for a guild on that server. So as of this moment I have no idea where I will be playing.

A very valid reason, there are a lot of people in the same boat. Let's just hope all the major players guild wise choose there home servers for release relatively quickly, save the rush, confusion and dramas.

#62 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostOolius, on 23 July 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

A very valid reason, there are a lot of people in the same boat. Let's just hope all the major players guild wise choose there home servers for release relatively quickly, save the rush, confusion and dramas.

We can only hope. IoJ is looking tempting. GoM was full very quickly, cause of the name I'm guessing :P

#63 LOCOMOFO

LOCOMOFO

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GLTY]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostOolius, on 23 July 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Now the BWE event is over, the question is, do you plan on staying on the server you voted for / played on during the BWE for release? Hopefully the thread maintains interest until launch, consider this a bump. Also according IoJ seems to be gaining some more momentum in the server discussion over at  www.gw2au.com

Well the whole reason I wanted to avoid Sea of Sorrows was it being absolutely jam packed within the first hour of BWE1 & BWE2.  Now Gate of Madness seems even more popular than SoS, so I'll probably roll on Isle of Janthir now.

#64 Oolius

Oolius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

As it stands, IoJ is the happy medium, nowhere near underpopulated, and on the contrary you can actually play without being thrown into overflow 24/7.

Also @ Burk, sent you a PM regarding list update on where everyone we know played over BWE3.

#65 tallanx

tallanx

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'm probably still going to try going to GoM at launch, but IoJ will be my second choice since that's where I ended up this BWE and it was alright.

#66 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostOolius, on 23 July 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

As it stands, IoJ is the happy medium, nowhere near underpopulated, and on the contrary you can actually play without being thrown into overflow 24/7.

Also @ Burk, sent you a PM regarding list update on where everyone we know played over BWE3.

No worries Oolius. I have also changed my opinion on showing the player counts in the OP, I gave it some thought and it does create room for bias. The guild compendium will still be listed however for those interested. Makes it easier imo.

Edited by burkderp, 23 July 2012 - 11:59 AM.


#67 Oolius

Oolius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postburkderp, on 23 July 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

No worries Oolius. I have also changed my opinion on showing the player counts in the OP, I gave it some thought and it does create room for bias. The guild compendium will still be listed however for those interested. Makes it easier imo.

No issues at all, the data is there for those that want to use it, however they want to use it.

#68 Cosian

Cosian

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Location:Grand Rapids, MI
  • Guild Tag:[SENT]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Now it may have just been the match ups, but it seems to me this weekend suggests that the dedicated 'Oceanic' server is not going to be the way to go relative to WvW ..... based on what we saw in WvW this past weekend.  Due to many factors, including server map caps in WvW, a single server filled to the brim with Oceanics is going to have some challenges methinks.....  We invite interested Oceanic guilds to take a look at what we have going on our International - US server community on Stormbluff Isle.  We have been building up that Time Zone and I think the results speak for themselves based on our WvW performance this weekend ... :)

Want to know more?  

www.the-sentinels.net

Edited by Cosian, 23 July 2012 - 03:08 PM.


#69 wazwolf

wazwolf

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Might as well do a small edit, and make the #2 choice be the fourth server.  This way, if GoM wins and is full (popular name draws too many), others know there is a chance to have a community in IoJ.

Seems people are jumping on and off the SoS, Darkhaven, GoM bandwagon.  Second guessing and having to deal with popular names.  IoJ seems to be a sure bet as far as stability.

So my suggestion would be to add that when the poll closes, the second choice will end up the 4th server.

#70 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

View Postwazwolf, on 23 July 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Might as well do a small edit, and make the #2 choice be the fourth server.  This way, if GoM wins and is full (popular name draws too many), others know there is a chance to have a community in IoJ.

Seems people are jumping on and off the SoS, Darkhaven, GoM bandwagon.  Second guessing and having to deal with popular names.  IoJ seems to be a sure bet as far as stability.

So my suggestion would be to add that when the poll closes, the second choice will end up the 4th server.

No worries I'll edit the OP now.

#71 LOCOMOFO

LOCOMOFO

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GLTY]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postwazwolf, on 23 July 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Seems people are jumping on and off the SoS, Darkhaven, GoM bandwagon.  Second guessing and having to deal with popular names.  IoJ seems to be a sure bet as far as stability.

Funnily enough, I jumped in WvW for 5 mins and GoM was dominating Darkhaven.  Unfortunately I can't remember who the other server was, but GoM was absolutely steam rolling the map.

That was an instant turn off for me.

#72 Enforcer

Enforcer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostLOCOMOFO, on 24 July 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Funnily enough, I jumped in WvW for 5 mins and GoM was dominating Darkhaven.  Unfortunately I can't remember who the other server was, but GoM was absolutely steam rolling the map.

That was an instant turn off for me.

That's probably because Titan Alliance rolled on GoM. They even posted on reddit which server they'll be going(GoM), thus bringing along tons of PUGS with them.

Edited by Enforcer, 24 July 2012 - 01:41 AM.


#73 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostEnforcer, on 24 July 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

That's probably because Titan Alliance rolled on GoM. They even posted on reddit which server they'll be going(GoM), thus bringing along tons of PUGS with them.

I agree, I've revoted to IoJ it just seems like it will be easier to get my guild on there.

Just had another look at the compendium. We are going to have people all over the place from the looks of it. We need to get this alternate picked so that solo oceanics and smaller guilds will know where to setup shop.

Edited by burkderp, 24 July 2012 - 04:09 AM.


#74 LOCOMOFO

LOCOMOFO

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GLTY]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostEnforcer, on 24 July 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

That's probably because Titan Alliance rolled on GoM. They even posted on reddit which server they'll be going(GoM), thus bringing along tons of PUGS with them.

Well that probably explains the surge in popularity all of a sudden.

I changed my vote to IoJ as well.  I'll see ya's in there unless another major shift in populations occurs.

#75 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostLOCOMOFO, on 24 July 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Well that probably explains the surge in popularity all of a sudden.

I changed my vote to IoJ as well.  I'll see ya's in there unless another major shift in populations occurs.

And IoJ takes the lead. Keep this up top guys for a better majority vote.

#76 Oolius

Oolius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

IoJ shall be king.

#77 Zendru

Zendru

    Fahrar Cub

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 27 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EoN]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Go IoJ!!!
Eon Nocturne - Oceanic PvX Guild
www.eonnocturne.com

#78 Isarien

Isarien

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 737 posts
  • Location:Tyresion.2601
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Not sure if I should vote for IoJ just so I can hang out with Aussies...

Nah, I'd feel like I'd be stacking the poll in that case, but I'm hoping you guys pick IoJ just the same.

#79 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostIsarien, on 24 July 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Not sure if I should vote for IoJ just so I can hang out with Aussies...

Nah, I'd feel like I'd be stacking the poll in that case, but I'm hoping you guys pick IoJ just the same.

As far as I'm concerned the communities that we will be playing with have as much right to voice their choice too. I and many of us here do appreciated the gesture and honesty.

#80 Isarien

Isarien

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 737 posts
  • Location:Tyresion.2601
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postburkderp, on 24 July 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

As far as I'm concerned the communities that we will be playing with have as much right to voice their choice too. I and many of us here do appreciated the gesture and honesty.

Well I keep odd hours, so when I do play, it's often with Oceanic people.

With that in mind, my vote is cast. Would love to have you guys on IoJ.

#81 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostIsarien, on 24 July 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Well I keep odd hours, so when I do play, it's often with Oceanic people.

With that in mind, my vote is cast. Would love to have you guys on IoJ.

Sounds mad :)

Just an update: GoM and IoJ are quite closely matched if they are still tied by 9pm AEST on the 2nd of August I will allow voting to continue upto 9PM AEST on the 3rd of August. I have updated the OP to reflect this.

I will also be editing the OP of this poll to reflect the final Oceanic server choices and implementing Oolius' guild compendium. I'll ask for this to be stickied for the Oceanic community on GW2 guru.

Edited by burkderp, 24 July 2012 - 11:07 AM.


#82 Bael

Bael

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 357 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I think with the huge guilds joining GoM, it would be a bad choice. We saw even on BWE3 that it was as populated as SoS and DH were. Since the point of this thread was to find an alternative to those overpopulated servers, it seems counter-productive to choose yet another high population server as an alternate. Based on that alone I think we should go with IoJ regardless.

I'd just like to point out, incase there's anyone who didn't know, but under the poll results you can click "delete my vote" and vote again. Anyone who has changed their mind and wants to change their vote aswell should do so.

#83 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostBael, on 24 July 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I think with the huge guilds joining GoM, it would be a bad choice. We saw even on BWE3 that it was as populated as SoS and DH were. Since the point of this thread was to find an alternative to those overpopulated servers, it seems counter-productive to choose yet another high population server as an alternate. Based on that alone I think we should go with IoJ regardless.

I'd just like to point out, incase there's anyone who didn't know, but under the poll results you can click "delete my vote" and vote again. Anyone who has changed their mind and wants to change their vote aswell should do so.

I do agree that IoJ would be the more viable option, unfortunately this has to be as unbiased as possible thus the removal of player counts etc. In all honesty even if GoM is picked IoJ will be there right along beside it. I really wish the mods would sticky this for us, so it doesn't need to be bumped from the second page every hour.

Edited by burkderp, 24 July 2012 - 10:34 PM.


#84 Oolius

Oolius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostBael, on 24 July 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

It seems counter-productive to choose yet another high population server as an alternate. Based on that alone I think we should go with IoJ regardless.

IoJ is great in this aspect as it does have room for growth unlike GoM, SoS & DH. Although with that being said, it's just a matter of hoping not everyone jumps ship and comes to IoJ or we'll have the same problem we had with GoM all over again.

Edited by Oolius, 25 July 2012 - 09:28 AM.


#85 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostOolius, on 25 July 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

IoJ is great in this aspect as it does have room for growth unlike GoM, SoS & DH. Although with that being said, it's just a matter of hoping not everyone jumps ship and comes to IoJ or we'll have the same problem we had with GoM all over again.

I just hope that IoJ gets a decent oceanic pop. From the compendium it looks like we are all over the place. I suppose that if SoS and DH are full people will make IoJ the next best choice and just go there at release.

#86 Caldorien

Caldorien

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

The Older Gamers have decided to roll on Yak's Bend and we had a ball in WvW in BWE3. Our numbers counted 220+ members over the weekend. I didn't notice any queues except in WvW when the bug was active that unbalanced the numbers. Good Luck with your server choice!

#87 Oolius

Oolius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

View Postburkderp, on 25 July 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I just hope that IoJ gets a decent oceanic pop. From the compendium it looks like we are all over the place. I suppose that if SoS and DH are full people will make IoJ the next best choice and just go there at release.

It already has a relatively large Oceanic population, but not quite as packed as SoS/GoM/DH.

#88 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Keeping this up the top. Not long till a selection is made.

If you're voting you should be posting as well.

#89 Mexay

Mexay

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[WolF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

my guild ended up on IoJ and unless something changes, we'll be there.

#90 Burk

Burk

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JAM]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostMexay, on 26 July 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

my guild ended up on IoJ and unless something changes, we'll be there.

Awesome :) I might see you there Mexay.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users