• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 MrParanoid

MrParanoid

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

This may sound silly, but I simply can't find a way to leave WvW after entering (besides logging out). I tried asking people in-game, but only received insults ("noob" and such) with absolutely no answer.

So.. how do I do it? I just can't find any exit button.

#2 Venator

Venator

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FP]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Enter the big asura portal at the main base

#3 Fatalis

Fatalis

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2708 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TL]

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

You can to the heart of the mists, then go to Lion's Arch, etc.

#4 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

I hope they add the ablity to return back to where you were before.

#5 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostEon Lilu, on 18 September 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

Me too. Meeee too.
It's a massive pain in the a$$ to have to go to Lions Arch and then back to wherever I was. GW2 does not have fast map loading times so it's a rather large inconvenience. I often find myself using my Portal stone and going to the Hall of Monuments from WvW and then back to where I was simply because it's a tiny zone and loads a lot faster >.>

Alternatively, pretty sure that logging out then back in works, that might just be when the maps rotate though :S?

#6 Alltat

Alltat

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Relog. Seriously. It's faster than taking the waypoint back to base and going through a portal, and when you log back on you will be wherever you were when you entered WvW.

#7 OnionSoup

OnionSoup

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostAlltat, on 18 September 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

Relog. Seriously. It's faster than taking the waypoint back to base and going through a portal, and when you log back on you will be wherever you were when you entered WvW.
^this

You should never need to go to Lions Arch for anything since you have your crafting stations (bank) and trading post in your borderlands battleground which can never be captured.

#8 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 18 September 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

Me too. Meeee too.
It's a massive pain in the a$$ to have to go to Lions Arch and then back to wherever I was. GW2 does not have fast map loading times so it's a rather large inconvenience. I often find myself using my Portal stone and going to the Hall of Monuments from WvW and then back to where I was simply because it's a tiny zone and loads a lot faster >.>

Alternatively, pretty sure that logging out then back in works, that might just be when the maps rotate though :S?

Im not to bothered about the loading times as I have an SSD and load in a second, and more annoyed that everytime I want to play WvW I end up back at lions arch and then have to pay money to get back to a lvl 60-80 area.....which costs alot....

They need to do what they did with hall of monuments, allow us to go back to the exact place we came from.

View PostAlltat, on 18 September 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

Thanks I will try this. We should not have to relog though.

#9 Decollete

Decollete

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

I have been relogging too. Didn't know I can come back through the portal. Thanks for this!

#10 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostEon Lilu, on 18 September 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

Im not to bothered about the loading times as I have an SSD and load in a second, and more annoyed that everytime I want to play WvW I end up back at lions arch and then have to pay money to get back to a lvl 60-80 area.....which costs alot....

They need to do what they did with hall of monuments, allow us to go back to the exact place we came from.

Thanks I will try this. We should not have to relog though.

My load times come from internet connection not disk speed...
My internet isn't slow but it is by no means fast, it's also not something I have any control over because of where I live.
You compare the 15-30 second load times of GW2 maps to the 0.5 second load times of GW1. YES I realise there is a HUGE disparity in what is being loaded and rendered etc, but still.. It's a long time to wait when you're just sitting there watching a little icon spin. xD

#11 Ruzirekta

Ruzirekta

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Nova]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

go to heart of mists -> leave heart of mists, and ur back where u where before enetering WvWvW

#12 Redhawk2007

Redhawk2007

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Just found this thread looking for an answer and tested this. Relogging is the fastest and easiest way to get back to where you were when you entered WvW.

#13 Fernling306

Fernling306

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1471 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

I can't believe they haven't added this in yet. As of right now it is a very clunky process.

#14 SpreadCheeks

SpreadCheeks

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostFernling306, on 03 December 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

I can't believe they haven't added this in yet. As of right now it is a very clunky process.

Not one bit clunky. Log out to character screen  and log back in and you are placed back where you were before queuing up for wvw.

Takes like 10 secs or less with loading time.

#15 Fernling306

Fernling306

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1471 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostSpreadCheeks, on 03 December 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Not one bit clunky. Log out to character screen  and log back in and you are placed back where you were before queuing up for wvw.

Takes like 10 secs or less with loading time.

I exaggerated a bit, but I do believe it is clunky. Why not just have a button that says leave mists that returns you right where you were?

#16 frostybroc

frostybroc

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KRAK]
  • Server:Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Click on the PvP icon at the top of your screen,
Once in the mists, go to Lion's Arch and use the portals to go to where you once was.

#17 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't expect OP to be still looking for an answer after 4 months. As you also didn't provide additional answers or questions Redhawk2007, I'm closing this.

As a general rule, please look at the date of the OP before posting in a thread to keep only relevant threads on the frontpage. Q&A is also not the place to post suggestions, we have Primordus Visions for that.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users