Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

mystic coins?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Location:In Your Bedroom
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

What do they do actually????

#2 NeoN707

NeoN707

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

they're a trophy so you can either collect em or sell em.

#3 Sans

Sans

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 913 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

I have a feeling they have some more important use.

#4 Wolfen1988

Wolfen1988

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

You can stick them in the mystic forge. As to what they will make I havent a clue. I do not have 3 other iteams I can put in there with it.

#5 DamnLag

DamnLag

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

I just tried 3 Blue Items and a Mystic Coin. It wont let me do anything. :/
The voices in my head told me to kill my hamster and poo in the refrigerator.

#6 skullmount4

skullmount4

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

So did anyone happen to figure it out last night in the Stress test (or from BWE3)?

#7 diggdugg

diggdugg

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 244 posts
  • Location:u.s.a.
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

iirc they are used for crafting some higher level stuff  -- i plan on holding on to all that sorta stuff , until we find out what they are for exactly

#8 Waiting

Waiting

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

There are already videos explaining what the forge is for.  It has nothing to do with items you find that happen to have the word mystic on them.

#9 Sinte

Sinte

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostWaiting, on 03 August 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

There are already videos explaining what the forge is for.  It has nothing to do with items you find that happen to have the word mystic on them.

Yeah clearly the years of testing by players have been executed and shown that mystic coins dont do anything. Oh wait.

#10 ananda

ananda

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DU]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostDamnLag, on 22 July 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I just tried 3 Blue Items and a Mystic Coin. It wont let me do anything. :/
If I remember correctly, the coin is yellow? So maybe it will only work with 3 other yellow items

#11 lujate

lujate

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 422 posts
  • Location:NA
  • Guild Tag:[FDM]
  • Server:Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

View Postananda, on 04 August 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

If I remember correctly, the coin is yellow? So maybe it will only work with 3 other yellow items
I know that four coins cannot be forged together.

#12 Xrux

Xrux

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

hmm .. trophies could maybe for something like nicolas teh travellar in gw1?

#13 Danael

Danael

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 412 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AS]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostXrux, on 04 August 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

hmm .. trophies could maybe for something like nicolas teh travellar in gw1?

That would mean to collect everything called trophy. I see my bank space schrinking.....

#14 SilentCid

SilentCid

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Been holding one in my bag for awhile now and I believe the description has changed for the Mystic Coin for this recent stress test I assume?

http://i.imgur.com/anvlW.jpg

#15 Bobby Sox

Bobby Sox

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostSilentCid, on 09 August 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Been holding one in my bag for awhile now and I believe the description has changed for the Mystic Coin for this recent stress test I assume?

http://i.imgur.com/anvlW.jpg

Nice catch.  The description has, indeed, changed.  The mention of Zomorros on there, in particular, makes me curious:  Miyani sells crystals (5 for 3 skill points) that say "Zomorros loves crystals."  I'm sensing some connection here.

#16 SilentCid

SilentCid

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostBobby Sox, on 09 August 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Nice catch.  The description has, indeed, changed.  The mention of Zomorros on there, in particular, makes me curious:  Miyani sells crystals (5 for 3 skill points) that say "Zomorros loves crystals."  I'm sensing some connection here.


Is there a way to update this on the GW2Guru Database? I couldn't find the coin on there for some reason.

#17 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Location:In Your Bedroom
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Aha!
knew it! I knew those coins are for something




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users