• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dulfy

dulfy

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hey everyone, I posted this on Reddit but I thought I would share it with the GW2 community here as well. With the newly introduced preview window feature, I went around and basically took screenshots of all the dungeon and cultural armors and compiled them into a single page for easy viewing.

For dungeon armors, I kinda lumped Norns, Humans and Sylvari into a single group with human female used as the female model and norn male used as the male model. Included are also Charr and Asura females (I will need to check the respective male characters to see if the armor are different).

For cultural armors, i have the female version of all 5 races + male version for norn and human. I am doing the male sylvari one now to see if it is different from the female one. As for cultural weapons, I can't find the ones for Sylvari, Norn or Charr, only found human and asuras. Not sure if they are not in the game yet or I am just blind.

Anyways, enjoy! :D

http://dulfy.net/201...armor-previews/

#2 Anemone

Anemone

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOR]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ah yes I saw your post on reddit, and now I keep that link open on one of my tabs at all times. Thank you for all your work.
I hope You'll keep updating with other types of armor as well? Because its pretty clear that there are tons of gear we haven't even seen.

Edited by Anemone, 21 July 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#3 Frakov

Frakov

Infrakted

• Site Contributors
  • 530 posts
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

These are the male sylvari armor from the Grove: http://imgur.com/a/GGrpJ#0

#4 Khaidu

Khaidu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for posting this, will you be placing sylvari on this page too?

#5 dulfy

dulfy

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostKhaidu, on 21 July 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Thanks for posting this, will you be placing sylvari on this page too?

Yes I just put up the male sylvari pics for cultural armors. As for the dungeon armors, the sylvari, norn and humans are not too different since they are all humanoids. However, if you really like to see the sylvari version of the dungeon armors, I can put them up as well :D

View PostAnemone, on 21 July 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Ah yes I saw your post on reddit, and now I keep that link open on one of my tabs at all times. Thank you for all your work.
I hope You'll keep updating with other types of armor as well? Because its pretty clear that there are tons of gear we haven't even seen.

Oh yes definitely, I will be updating it with anything I come across. Once the game is released, my goal is to get high res screenshots of these armor since the preview window doesn't do some of them justice (especially the sylvari ones)

Edited by dulfy, 21 July 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#6 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3268 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Oh my - it seems I'll be saving a LOT of gold by not getting much of these items! ^^
Cheers for the pictures! ^^

#7 Anemone

Anemone

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOR]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostProtoss, on 21 July 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Oh my - it seems I'll be saving a LOT of gold by not getting much of these items! ^^
Cheers for the pictures! ^^
Indeed, in BW2 I spent 2gold on a racial armor set and ended up not liking it, that's what we got for buying a cat in a bag, but its great that the preview option is now in the game.

#8 Tenicord

Tenicord

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1334 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

I really dig all the Asura racial armor though.. that's what i will be getting.. don't care so much for most of the dungeon armor tho.

#9 Sleepyx732

Sleepyx732

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

I guess all the crazy looking armor is reserved for legendary :qq: :lol: :cool:

#10 Own Age Myname

Own Age Myname

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors
  • 4615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LoH]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Where do people find this stuff?! Some epic looking armors, can't wait till release so I can actually work for them.

#11 ConvergeFan

ConvergeFan

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Ok this might be an awfully dumb question, but I've never played the beta and can't help but to ask..

They're not all really that same shade of blue are they?.....

/dumb question

#12 Evelgest

Evelgest

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostConvergeFan, on 22 July 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Ok this might be an awfully dumb question, but I've never played the beta and can't help but to ask..

They're not all really that same shade of blue are they?.....

/dumb question
Nope. The blue is just the default armor color he chose at the beginning of the game. There are 400 colors in GW2 and you can dye different segments of each piece of armor.

#13 Khaidu

Khaidu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

View Postdulfy, on 21 July 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Yes I just put up the male sylvari pics for cultural armors. As for the dungeon armors, the sylvari, norn and humans are not too different since they are all humanoids. However, if you really like to see the sylvari version of the dungeon armors, I can put them up as well :D

Oh yes definitely, I will be updating it with anything I come across. Once the game is released, my goal is to get high res screenshots of these armor since the preview window doesn't do some of them justice (especially the sylvari ones)

I am not sure if Sylvari armour will be the same as human as the norn armour does differ in the screenshots, I would still love the actual image to be able to see how a sylvari would look in them, but I do not want to be too much of a hassle :)

#14 Simon1812

Simon1812

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[HATE]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

after looking at all the pics I can totally imagine myself interchanging armor pieces from different sets, can hardly wait.

#15 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3268 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Btw - are the racial sets (the 5/10/20g per piece sets) supposed to be "elite" sets or common ones in terms of pricing? It seems to me that this is supposed to be a lovely sum of cash, but no idea how good the drops are later on.

#16 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

Seraph weapons are by far the coolest looking. The golden weapons also look sweet. Not a fan of any of the armours though.

And lol @ the sad troll in the comments section of that page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users