• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Norns fit the environment and lore so much better than elves.
I don't even know why they added treehuggers when they had races such as Tengus and Undeads... guess they wanted to cater to xXx Legolas xXx kind of players too.

#92 majoho

majoho

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostArdaion, on 22 July 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I don't really care about the story behind them
Isn't that just your problem then!

If you don't care about the lore what can we say to make you happy?

#93 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

DAoC had six different kinds of humans.  GW2 having 2 doesn't particularly bother me.

#94 Leriel

Leriel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I guess it's not really an exotic property, but in gw2 norn feel smaller than in gw1 - probably they were shrinked a little to make them playable race.

In gw1 they stood out more because of their size.

#95 The_Kaizz

The_Kaizz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

If you played Guild Wars 1 you'd understand why the Norn were so awesome. I felt they were just giant humans for awhile first, but I'm waiting to see how being driven out of their homes, knowing the way the entire race is, plays out for them. I don't really care to make a Norn, but I do love the lore behind each of the races.

#96 Sirius

Sirius

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1889 posts
  • Guild Tag:[XoO]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

View Postnilzardo, on 24 July 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

The plural form of norn is simply norn by the way, just like there are no "sylvaris" or "asura(n)s". Get it right kids.
Not even in real life do creatures follow the "singular = plural" name format as often as they do in GW2.

#97 Beock

Beock

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

The Norn have adapted more naturally to cold environments and drink Ale like it's water. They're also a huge part of the lore.

But more to the point, although they look identical on the outside, Norn's could have different biological traits within. How their bodies work (because of their different lifestyle and adaptations) could set them very far apart from humans from an internal standpoint. They are also very connected with the spirits of nature and deeply connected to the wild. This connection isn't just some religion, its a REAL connection with something spiritual (I know its hard to think of something spiritual like that as actually real with proof and stuff); its not something that anyone (including humans) can just decide to join in on; Its only for Norn. Its part of who the Norn are.

So if you need a clear distinction, Norn are people of the Wild. Sylvari are people of the Plants/Pale tree. Asura are people of technology. Humans are Humans. And Charr are Tiger People =D.

(BTW I am not an expert on Guild Wars Lore. This is all just conjecture based on my experiences with the race during GW2. If there is an expert here, if I said anything thats incorrect please correct me on it XD.)

Edited by Beock, 24 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#98 907gamer

907gamer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MnPw]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostLIVESTRONGG, on 22 July 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Don't feed the trolls.

I hear troll tastes pretty awesome when slow roasted over a fire pit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users