UPDATE: For a definite trait tooltip list for numbers not disclosed in-game, check this thread: http://www.guildwars...ost__p__1678609
This is for people who have questions so you don't have to post a thread asking if something works or not.
This thread is for ALL the bugs and skills that don’t work as stated, post bugs & I will update OP so ANet can see them
Update Log (If you don’t see your bug added, please let me know)
v1: added a bunch of my own observations
v2: many more illusion bugs found & blink/parry skip bugs added
v2.2: scepter(?) & Null Field duration bug added
v3: MANY underwater, trait, duration & utility bugs added. List doubled size.
I didn’t really see a thread like this, so I decided to create one. If you REALLY wanna get heard, post here and don’t create your own so ANet don’t have to read 11+ pages just to find bugs/skills that don’t work under stupid thread titles. I’ll start with what I noticed:
- Reflection on distortion trait (in illusions line) does not work for blurred frenzy’s distortion. The trait says reflection on distortion, not distortion shatter. If that’s what it means, it needs to be changed. Very misleading.
- Power trait “cleansing conflagration” Only seems to work for “the prestige” skill, and not skill 5, even though it says torch skills remove conditions. Needs to be fixed
- mantra doubling trait needs to specify it doesn’t synergize with mantra of recovery. Ambiguous.
- Far reaching manipulation doesn’t work.
- Phantasmal Haste DOES NOT work consistently. An entire thread’s been devoted to the numbers since a dedicated mesmer player did the work.
- Signet Mastery trait and when equipped, the signets’ recharge did not became 20% shorter on tooltip. The signets still have their normal cooldowns after activating them. The recharge timer does, however, show what it’s “suppose” to recharge with 20% but then it reverts back to the normal recharge.
- visual issue Obviously known, the Illusionist’s Celerity has the same bug as Signet Mastery trait.
Minor, visual fixing
- visual issue Guile (recharge on shatter skills) DOES SHOW on recharge timer, BUT it does not show the shorter recharge on the actual F1-F4 skills. (This one I did not submit in-game and it’s a minor, visual change, but still would be nice to see)
- visual issue Mantra Mastery trait has the same issue as Guile. (Minor, visual change and did not submit bug)
- Temporal Enchanter trait does not seem to extend glamours’ duration at all in tooltip and countdown. (The latter I tried counting and it’s still the same; also, did not submit bug)
- far-reaching manipulation works, just not on blink.
- Wardens feedback doesnt work with all of the focus skills only with one.
- temporal curtain seems to be pulling people towards it. Is that desired effect? Idk.
- sometimes illusionary wave doesn’t seem to work (when opponent doesn’t have stability) at required range..EDIT 5th skill sometimes it seems to have no knockback effect against non-stabilized normal targets, usually when the terrain is elevated for one of the combatants. Could be WAI but sometimes I’ve seen it on very small disparities in terrain elevation so it might need some tightening if that is indeed the case.
- “the prestige” skill does NOT break targeting and I’ve died countless times from it when I was getting ganked and needed to run away.
- Parry/counter skills (scepter mainhand/sword offhand) don’t work when using the 2nd chain skill. Please fix.
- When you block an attack with Ilusionary Riposte, Illusionary Counter also goes in recharge. Probably the same the other way around.
- Underwater Trident Clones auto-attack cast confusion…not sure if bug, though we do like it
- Underwater skill 2 for spear does not teleport you back. EDIT need to check if perhaps the teleport is a chain skill.
- The tooltip description for Ether Clone (3rd skill on the Scepter chain) says the energy bolt confuses the target. It doesn’t.
- Torch skill The Prestige: you have to be literally right next to the enemy for the blind to hit. The tooltip says “nearby”.
- Illusionary Leap seems to MISS targets. not sure if bug because not sure if IL begins with projectile behavior (as in fixed path on activation) or if it’s homing behavior.EDIT in pvp or wvwvw Illusionary Leap sometime don’t work, the illusion run from your position instead of leap and he don’t “reaches” the enemy
- Berserker from Greatsword (phantasm) doesn’t activate immediately.
- Null field either does not work or works in long pulses. Wording needs to be changed, or skill fixed…or both EDIT Null Field only lasts 5s even though tt says 7s.
Portal Exeunt (the portal exit) only lasts 10s even though tt says 20s.
- “mimic” utility skill does not block/absorb projectile as it reads. Still take damage.
- blink stops running animation after using blink while in motion. Character begins “floating” along the ground in a standing position.
- Underwater When casting Mantra of Recovery underwater, the animation seems to start 5 times in quick succession and so does the voice acting. It goes like “Hea-Hea-Hea-Hea-Hea” and then five spirals descend upon you. O_o
- Underwater When casting Mantra of Pain underwater, there is no animation at all and the mantra charges in like 1.5 seconds instead of 5. It makes the skill so good offensively you can basically just spam it underwater. Is this intended?
- Portal Exeunt (the portal exit) only lasts 10s even though tt says 20s.
- Decoy does NOT break targeting and people can still see your name. Needs fixing.
- The tooltip for Power Break (charged Mantra of Concentration) says it grants 5s of Stability, but it only gives you 3s of Stability.
- Not exactly bug, Moa Morph does not work on bosses. This needs to be accounted for in tooltip description &/or modify alternate effect for bosses so mesmer’s dont get shafted for picking it.
- skill 2 on downed state does nothing helpful & “teleporting” doesn’t break stomp, and illusion is no-brainer to spot. Need to fix wording or change this (terrible) skill.
- Clones are not “exact” copies in that they don’t have an offhand..
- Sometimes illusions don’t run when shatter is activated and just stand there; even worse, the cool down takes full amount.
- apparently it’s possible to rally from illusions…not sure if bug or working, but it needs to be clarified.
- also, one person noted when they shattered illusions on a foe (while they were in downed state), player actually rallied from illusions’ death.
- Clones/phantasms underwater seem to have AI break & even moreso when shattered. The shatters don’t do anything for some.
- Sometimes the chaos storm & chaos armor visual effects are not visible.
- scepter (for me) doesn’t do ANY damage. Granted, I’m not traited much into power, but 0 damage…?
- Downed State seems skill 2’s illusion still hangs around after death, (sometimes standing) and can be “revived,” but disappears before bar’s full.
- LYSSA & ADVENTURER runes do NOT work. Tried with half bar of health for lyssa, does not work. Tried with empty endurance bar, does not work. Also, need to clarify whether adventurer rune gives 100% of CURRENT endurance, or otherwise. Lyssa runes worked initially, then stopped, and don’t work if you have full health and use the heal anyways. Needs fixing/clarification/tooltip fixing.
- Not sure if bug or on purpose, but phantasm health abnormally low. Should not be. Should be significantly higher than clones, especially with longer charge times. Needs fix if bug or not.
Most likely, the links in the quote wont work after a week, or sooner if the forums are COMPLETELY closed, so just keep that in mind. Bugs and confusing descriptions go here. I might consolidate them if enough are given,
Edited by Nuu, 04 August 2012 - 10:13 PM.