• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 el hefe

el hefe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

what is the point of trophy items?  other than taking up my limited bag space and being worth a few copper,  i found no use for them.

#2 Xuphor

Xuphor

She's watching...

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

"Vendor Trash" is the common term for all grey colored Trophies. Just junk to sell that gets you some extra currency. Non grey ones are crafting materials, click "Deposit all Collectibles" to automatically move them to the bank.

Edited by Xuphor, 24 July 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#3 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2075 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEAT]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostXuphor, on 24 July 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

"Vendor Trash" is the common term. Just junk to sell that gets you some extra currency.
Aren't some Crafting material? or to get so so weapons?

#4 Xuphor

Xuphor

She's watching...

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostAzure Skye, on 24 July 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Aren't some Crafting material? or to get so so weapons?

Possible I guess.... After I clicked the cog in the upper right corner and clicked "Deposit all Collectibles" (Which automatically moves all the crafting stuff to your bank), I still have tons of Trophy marked items though. I found no use for them at all.

Edited by Xuphor, 24 July 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#5 MasterDinadan

MasterDinadan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

If the name is grey, then the item has no purpose and it just for selling.
A lot of trophies (with blue or other color names) are used for crafting.

#6 Xuphor

Xuphor

She's watching...

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostMasterDinadan, on 24 July 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Thanks for that, I edited my first post.

#7 Bobby Sox

Bobby Sox

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostMasterDinadan, on 24 July 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Exactly.  The rare, golden ones like Destroyer Slivers are generally used to make sigils and runes (I say generally because of Mystic Coins, which did not fit the bill).  The more common ones, like fangs, claws, bone shards, and the like are used for all basic weapon and armor recipes.

The "trophy" designation got applied to quite a lot of things this time around, from grey vendor junk to some renown heart and event items, to actual crafting trophies.  The "sell junk" button took care of the junk and you could usually tell on the white, quest related items due to their item descriptions.  I'm pretty sure, however, that these were listed as "junk" and "quest item"s as of the last BWE, which was more clear.

For the most part, though, you want to hold onto any "trophies" that are of blue rarity or better if you will be crafting at all or to sell on the trading post.  The grey and white "trophies" can be tossed most of the time.

Edited by Bobby Sox, 24 July 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#8 el hefe

el hefe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

View PostBobby Sox, on 24 July 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

Exactly.  The rare, golden ones like Destroyer Slivers are generally used to make sigils and runes (I say generally because of Mystic Coins, which did not fit the bill).  The more common ones, like fangs, claws, bone shards, and the like are used for all basic weapon and armor recipes.

The "trophy" designation got applied to quite a lot of things this time around, from grey vendor junk to some renown heart and event items, to actual crafting trophies.  The "sell junk" button took care of the junk and you could usually tell on the white, quest related items due to their item descriptions.  I'm pretty sure, however, that these were listed as "junk" and "quest item"s as of the last BWE, which was more clear.

For the most part, though, you want to hold onto any "trophies" that are of blue rarity or better if you will be crafting at all or to sell on the trading post.  The grey and white "trophies" can be tossed most of the time.

i guess my original post wasnt specific enough.  but yes i mean the white trophy items that say "so and so,  in caledon forest would be interested in this".....except when i go find that npc and talk to them they do not mention or take the item from me.

#9 Bobby Sox

Bobby Sox

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

View Postel hefe, on 24 July 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

i guess my original post wasnt specific enough.  but yes i mean the white trophy items that say "so and so,  in caledon forest would be interested in this".....except when i go find that npc and talk to them they do not mention or take the item from me.

That sounds like the renown heart items, formerly known as "quest item"s.  There were a number of renown heart quests in which you could collect certain items as a part of the quest, in addition to killing enemies and the like.  Picking them up often awarded progress to the quest.  Turning them in awarded even more.

For instance, one of the pirate-related quests in Gendarran Fields awarded me 20+% of the progress bar for simply running into the cave, grabbing one of the pirate missives, and returning it to the related NPC (the bulk of that came from turning in the "trophy").

If you had already finished the renown heart quest before turning these items in, they were just taking up inventory space and were possibly a missed opportunity for completing the quest more quickly.

You might have also found a few like this from the collection-type dynamic events, which are also of no use to you if the event has completed.

Edited by Bobby Sox, 24 July 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#10 Ramei Arashi

Ramei Arashi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2597 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I found that they would take them from me after, they just wouldn't give me anything for them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users