• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nachogw

Nachogw

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hey guys, as many here, i am trying to experience the game by sticking to an existing character family tree.

My main will be a human, and what i wanted to know if you could give me a list of existing in-game human surnames (From GW2 or GW1, does not matter) for me to use on my Warrior, Engineer and Fire Elementalist.

Thank you!

#2 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 623 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

If you want lore friendly http://wiki.guildwar...Category:Humans those are basically all the human NPC's in GW1. Some of them do include surnames.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"

#3 Flying Walrus

Flying Walrus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

As far as I can tell, you could throw a rock in the following categories and hit a lore friendly surname:

Ascalonian: Any Anglo-Saxon, Welsh, Cornish, Irish or Scottish surname.
Krytan: Seemingly leaning towards Latin, especially French and Spanish.
Canthan: An amalgamation of Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other East Asian possibilities.
Kurzick: Germanic and Hungarian
Luxon:Hellenic, especially Greek

And for the non-humans, if you're curious:

Charr: Heavily Latin, but since Charr identify by their Legions and Warband, the subject of surnames is mostly moot, except as concerns nicknames, which often differentiate similarly named individuals who do not identify by family.
Norn: Heavily Scandinavian, particularly Old Norse, Icelandic and Germanic. Like with the Charr, Norn may or may not carry a nickname as a surname, although instances of names with the suffixes -kin, -dotter, and -son have been observed.
Asura: By far the most inscrutable, though I have been able to identify many aspects of Sanskrit in the naming conventions.
Sylvari: Celtic, Gaelic and Welsh. Sylvari do not use surnames, except in the case perhaps of taking on nicknames to distinguish like-named individuals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users