Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[COG]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

About Cognitive Dissidents:

Cognitive Dissidents was founded by myself and my husband during our time in Guild Wars. My husband and I had been playing Guild Wars for 17 months when we decided to create a guild as we wanted to experience the other side of the game involving Guild management, hence the making of Cognitive Dissidents. The name "Cognitive Dissidents" is taken from a William Gibson book. In it there is a club called Cognitive Dissidents and my husband (being a fan of William Gibson) thought it would be a good name for a Guild. Cognitive Dissidents literally means "thinking differently" which is why we use the motto "Thinking Differently to Achieve a Common Goal".

Since then my husband has moved away from Guild Wars and now plays Eve Online and I went on to play LOTRO where I met some amazing people and made some new friends along the way. However the guild still lives on but sadly depleted and it would give me nothing but pleasure to see the guild rebuilt from scratch and hopefully meet some more amazing people and bring [COG] back to life. Sadly, my husband will not be joining me in Guild Wars 2, so I have decided to rebuild the guild by teaming up with a friend who has already helped me in so many ways on my journey through LOTRO.

During the beta weekend events we have been residing on the Whiteside Ridge EU server and we are hoping to be able to remain on that server at launch.

Our Goals:

Our main goals are to have fun exploring the world whilst maintaining a family friendly environment. We do have an over 18 policy but we will make the exception to any family and friends that wish to join the guild. Of course we will be taking part in dungeons/raiding/instances but on a casual basis, having fun even if we wipe, where no one gets blamed but it all being part of the learning curve. Not rushing through the game but taking our time to experience the beauty of the world, and helping guild members to achieve their goals.

If you're looking for a place to call home, that's casual and family friendly, helpful and social then visit our website: www.cogdis.eu  

Our website is a work in progress at the moment so if there is any problems with the application form or the site in general please PM me, thanks :)

Edited by Rhiandra Ilver, 15 October 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Over the past week I would like to welcome the following to Cognitive Dissidents:

CrayDays
Amber Dreamer
Mangostani

We are still open for recruitment and looking for new members to join our ranks :)

#3 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Weekly bump, although a couple of days late :P

Still recruiting and looking for new members to join our ranks. Feel free to pm if you have any queries regarding Cognitive Dissidents before applying for membership :)

#4 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Been a bit of a quiet week, I would like to welcome Kobayashi to Cognitive Dissidents, who joined us a few days ago :)

We are still recruiting and looking for new members to join us before launch, which we're getting excited about not being that far off now!

As always, feel free to pm me if you have any queries regarding our guild or have any questions or concerns before applying for membership.

#5 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Over the last week I would like to welcome both Zedo and Auron to Cognitive Dissidents.

We're all getting excited for the headstart tomorrow, come along and join us!! ;)

#6 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Really enjoying Guild Wars 2 despite the many issues since launch. Over the last week I would like to welcome the following to Cognitive Dissidents:
  • Sparky
  • SaintMaggot
  • JaceKanenald
  • Thruncia
  • Ispen
As always we are still looking for new members to join our ranks :)

#7 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Over the past week myself and some of our members were interested in trying out WvWvW, which was a lot of fun!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

We're still a smallish guild but looking for new members all the time to increase our ranks :) If you are interested in joining us please visit our website or PM me through the forums or even the game if you have any questions! IGN is Nerys Waters

Happy gaming! :)

#8 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Still looking for members to join Cognitive Dissidents :)

#9 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Been a bit of a while since I updated this thread. We have now moved hosting sites from guild launch to enjin, still the same address: www.cogdis.eu

We are still looking for new members to join our ranks, if you're looking for a new home then check us out :)

Edited by Rhiandra Ilver, 15 October 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#10 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Weekly update: We're still looking for more members to join us, we don't have any restrictions on class or level at the moment. Over the last week I've had feedback from our members that our web address of www.cognitive-dissidents.co.uk was too long so we have shortened our domain name to www.cogdis.eu. However, you should be able to get to our website using either web address. If you're interested in joining Cognitive Dissidents then please visit our website or if you have any questions you can either fill out the contact us form on our site or contact myself IGN: Nerys Waters or Flack, IGN: Flackadder.

#11 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

We're still looking for new members to increase our ranks. We're beginning to have weekly guild runs which have been a lot of fun but would be nice to see more people join us. Again, there are no class or level restrictions. If you're looking for a casual, social guild then please check us out here

#12 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Been a bit busy and completely forgot to update this thread. We are still looking for people to join us in COG and again there are no class, race (even accpet Charr :P) or level requirments :)

#13 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Recruitment is still open. We've been having fun mastering the dungeons and are slowly but surely working our way around all of them!

I would like to welcome GamblerSam and Niimrod to Cognitive Dissidents :)

#14 Rhiandra Ilver

Rhiandra Ilver

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

We've made a few changes to our website over the past week or so along with a slight change to the way that we are recruiting people into the guild. Please refer to our Rules section on www.cogdis.eu to see these changes Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users