Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Shrug it off and Vigorous shouts


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 papaganoosh

papaganoosh

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

So the simple answer is probably no.

The long answer might be no, don't be stupid.

But if you took the trait Shrug It Off (which activates Shake it Off every 30 seconds, when you have a condition on you) would this also include the heal from Vigorous Shout?

What I am asking is, does it just remove a condition and break stun. Or does it remove a condition, break stun AND trigger Vigorous Shout?

The reason I ask is someone might have a difinitive answer and it could be the difference between a good trait and an amazing trait.

#2 Zerikin Loukbel

Zerikin Loukbel

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

I noticed that interaction and wondered the same thing. i would expect that it does, however I think lung capacity would generally be a better choice in a shout build.

#3 Ayestes

Ayestes

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 799 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SAnD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

If the trait worked liked the tooltip indicated (there has been discussion that it doesn't, although that's possibly a bug to be fixed), then I'd say the Shrug It Off! trait would be superior when you have just two shouts instead of a full loadout of three shouts.  If you had three, then the cooldown reduction would be better.  Otherwise Shrug It Off! gives you more healing and condition removal... of course that's only if it works as the tooltip indicates.

#4 papaganoosh

papaganoosh

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostAyestes, on 27 July 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

If the trait worked liked the tooltip indicated (there has been discussion that it doesn't, although that's possibly a bug to be fixed), then I'd say the Shrug It Off! trait would be superior when you have just two shouts instead of a full loadout of three shouts.  If you had three, then the cooldown reduction would be better.  Otherwise Shrug It Off! gives you more healing and condition removal... of course that's only if it works as the tooltip indicates.

Exactly. On a lot of builds I use I run Throw Bolas and the two 25 second shouts. I'd take Shrug it Off with these as it'd give me another heal (1.2k + depending on healing), however, if it doesn't I'd swap out Throw Bolas with Fear Me and take Lung Capacity.

Unless we hear from somebody that tested it out in BWE3 I'm not sure we'll get an answer to this until launch. Then again, they might change it either way before launch too!

#5 Naanoki

Naanoki

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

I play with this Trait in BW3 but without the Shout-Heal-Trait. I think it doesn´t work because the German translation only says: if you have 2 conditions you loose one (CD: 30 Sek). It doesn´t say use shrug it off.

#6 sabresandiego

sabresandiego

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Shrug it off was broken in BWE3 and it did the exact same thing as lung capacity, lower your shout cooldowns. When its fixed, if it works as described it will be the second best talent in the tactics line after vigorous shouts.

Edited by sabresandiego, 27 July 2012 - 10:39 PM.


#7 papaganoosh

papaganoosh

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Postsabresandiego, on 27 July 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Shrug it off was broken in BWE3 and it did the exact same thing as lung capacity, lower your shout cooldowns. When its fixed, if it works as described it will be the second best talent in the tactics line after vigorous shouts.

Agreed, it will be incredibly useful if it removes a condition and gives a heal. I'd take it above Lung Capacity I think.

View PostNaanoki, on 27 July 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I play with this Trait in BW3 but without the Shout-Heal-Trait. I think it doesn´t work because the German translation only says: if you have 2 conditions you loose one (CD: 30 Sek). It doesn´t say use shrug it off.

However, this sounds very interesting. The German translation saying that makes me think they want it to just remove a condition.

#8 Freyn

Freyn

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 281 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Imp]
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

I wondered this myself but settled on Lung Capacity being the better trait for 1 main reason (which would need testing ofc).

So far the traits in the defense line that give you Balanced Stance/Endure Pain have an ICD which is triggered when you use the ability. So unless you were to wait for Shrug it Off to fire every time before using your shout (and unlike the stances theres no icon to make it easily noticeable) you are likely going to put it on ICD all the time and it won't actually fire.

That is, assuming it has the same issue.

#9 Ayestes

Ayestes

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 799 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SAnD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostFreyn, on 30 July 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

So far the traits in the defense line that give you Balanced Stance/Endure Pain have an ICD which is triggered when you use the ability.

This is not true.  It was a mistaken conclusion at the time, and we've since pointed out that this is not the case.

#10 Freyn

Freyn

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 281 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Imp]
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostAyestes, on 30 July 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

This is not true.  It was a mistaken conclusion at the time, and we've since pointed out that this is not the case.


Oh? I must've missed that one then, my bad :(. The last video I saw with the traits being used showed them not working if the ability had recently been activated.

#11 Ayestes

Ayestes

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 799 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SAnD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think in that specific case, it was a test with Balanced Stance.  The problem is, the trigger for that trait is any control.   So if you have Balanced Stance up, and you get hit with control, you will trigger the trait even if you aren't affected by that control.  That triggered Balanced Stance and caused them to overlap.

#12 papaganoosh

papaganoosh

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostAyestes, on 30 July 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

I think in that specific case, it was a test with Balanced Stance.  The problem is, the trigger for that trait is any control.   So if you have Balanced Stance up, and you get hit with control, you will trigger the trait even if you aren't affected by that control.  That triggered Balanced Stance and caused them to overlap.

Yeah I saw the video Moldran posted about that a while back.

Have they fixed it now?

#13 Ayestes

Ayestes

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 799 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SAnD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

I guess I didn't test it in BWE3, because that is exactly what the tooltip says it does.  It could have been changed to not trigger while Balanced Stance was up though.

#14 papaganoosh

papaganoosh

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm going to use this stress test to find out if this works or not!

#15 Giac

Giac

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

It's working fine already...not sure what is left to test.

The trait triggers, whenever you get CCed, regardless of the fact if you are immune to that CC. Imagine it didn't go off for a moment, just because you got 1s of stability left on you, and you get hit by a knockback 1 second later. You'd probably be pissed, so that's why, in order to make it more reliable, it has to work that way.

The trait has nothing to do with the utility either. If you have the utility buff on you and you proc the trait, they will overlap, because stability is not meant to stack in anyway (neither duration, nor intensity obviously).

Edited by Giac, 02 August 2012 - 12:12 PM.


#16 papaganoosh

papaganoosh

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

The question was whether or not it also makes Vigorous Heals proc. Which I just found out by testing that it does.

When Shake it Off triggers it heals for about 1.1k but at the moment doesn't take into account healing (with healing in the build I had Shake it Off on my utility bar healed for 1.8k)

#17 Brand

Brand

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

I just posted this on the Suggestions forum in the GW2 website. I think this is an awesome idea for all warriors, especially shout warriors, and a huge shout out to the Paragon class of GW1 (If you think so too, please reply posting your approval of it)

https://forum-en.gui...n-Racial-Skills




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users