105 replies to this topic

#61 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Postyen, on 04 September 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Not sure if it's a cross browser issue but re sizing the window only re sizes the background. I'd have to hit refresh to get the chart to re size properly.
Posted Image

fixed ;) thanks for letting me know

Edited by Drakie, 04 September 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#62 yen

yen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EDGE]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostDrakie, on 04 September 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

fixed ;) thanks for letting me know

Damn that was fast. I was actually re sizing the window and was wondering why it started to work haha.

Also, it's a small thing but, maybe move the zoom button outside of the chart?
Posted Image

Edited by yen, 04 September 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#63 Aria Frost

Aria Frost

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

It is possible to have gems trading prices graphs too?

#64 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostAria Frost, on 05 September 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

It is possible to have gems trading prices graphs too?

that will definitely be the next feature I add, it's possible at least

View Postyen, on 04 September 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

I already moved the legend (and if you click it will jump up/down so you can 'push' it away), maybe I should place the zoom out button in there too

#65 Aria Frost

Aria Frost

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Nice! Keep up the good work!

#66 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostDrakie, on 05 September 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postyen, on 04 September 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

I already moved the legend (and if you click it will jump up/down so you can 'push' it away), maybe I should place the zoom out button in there too

Okay, moved the zoom btn into the legend ^_^

#67 JSharpie

JSharpie

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Is it possible you can have "volume" on how much it was traded?

Also have maybe the top 5-10 items that has the largest spread between the buy and sell listings?

#68 SquaredSoft

SquaredSoft

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hey man. I had a glitch in GW2 where some json data leaked into one of my items. I figured this was using http, so I used a local http proxy and a fake ssl cert to pick up all the values of items, and all the commands and what not. It seems you used a memory debugger to get all of this? I was wondering if you needed any help on this project, since I've made my own version of this, but using c#, mysql, and php. Or perhaps we could some information about this? Send me a pm if you're interested.

edit: I noticed this was open source. Disregard I guess. I can fork the code. If you're interested in my db or something, let me know.

Edited by SquaredSoft, 08 September 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#69 Fatality

Fatality

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TL]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

I haven't had much experience with web coding, but is it possible to add a way to view spread sheets with the data over time? Also, is there a way to have excel '10 pull data from the website and insert it into a new cell at say hour intervals on my computer? I would really like to run some calculations on the data but manually entering all of the data is very tedious.

Thanks again for setting this up, its a wonderful resource to have

#70 marvalis

marvalis

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Nice work. Would it be possible to publish the data in some format, like XML / open data / RDF / whatever.
Then people can write scripts to mine the data.

Although I am not an expert on all of this.

I really really wish we could get the data on the trade volumes. Or that anet simply gives us their data in an accessible format :P.

#71 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm actually already storing volume and it's displayed when you mouseover the price in the lists of items, I'll consider adding it to the graphs.

I've been busy adding something to export data as CSV or JSON, giving both excel users and other developers access to the data, but because of the large amount of data I have to think about how I can make sure that the export functionality isn't to heavy on the server and I haven't gotten to that yet :(

#72 adhome

adhome

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Problems in hosting? Seems to be down.

#73 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

View Postadhome, on 10 September 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Problems in hosting? Seems to be down.

Hmm, I think so, I didn't get any notifications from my host though :(

#74 Mast3rok

Mast3rok

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Great job, thank you.
This is very helpful.
Can you please also add an availability graph, both offer and sale?

#75 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

beta version
I've just enabled the beta version again with a new charting library which looks REALLY *IN AWESOME:
check it out http://beta.gw2spidy.com/item/19697

Availability will be added at some point, atm my main focus is:
1) gem exchange rate
2) usability of the current graph

#76 Union

Union

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CRNG]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Wow! That looks terrific! Well done, and thanks for all your hard work.

#77 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

NEW version deployed! Gemexchange and a lot better / more advanced graphs! Let me know what you think ;)!

#78 Mast3rok

Mast3rok

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Can you add feature to export the db to ccv for some excel calculations? Or it is too heavy for hosting?

#79 Aria Frost

Aria Frost

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Great job! It's much better now :D.

#80 quentin389

quentin389

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Great tool!

I was thinking for a second there that I'd have to download the PHP code and create my own database, but then I realized I can make the most important improvements easily just by using JavaScript... which saves me a lot of work :)

So, there you go: https://gist.github.com/3728825

This is a simple Greasemonkey JavaScript that changes the search results list on gw2spidy.

The changes are:
  • Displays gold, silver and copper in their respective colors instead of using suffixes. Color coding is much easier to read.
  • Because of the color coding the background color were changed to dark. Completely by accident that actually looks quite good. Some colors are not very well readable though, so it could use some improvement. I also have not changed the colors of some of the elements which I considered less important.
  • Currency and number displays are aligned right and padded with '0' if necessary. All that so it's even easier to compare the values in table.
  • You can click to temporarily (until page reload) mark any row with green background. It's a nifty and super simple trick which is incredibly useful if you do any kind of analysis on the table. It should be disabled if user clicks on a link though.
  • Table includes visible items count now. It's an important information for judging whether an item is worth trading or not.
  • Items with price '0' have their prices changed to 'n/a' as this means that there are no bids / auctions for given item.
  • Table includes potential profit of reselling (flipping) given item. Please note that I have used floor(x * 0.85 - y) algorithm, which may be inaccurate by several copper if we're dealing with very low profit items. I think a correct algorithm is being used at http://tpcalc.com/ but to be honest I'm not entirely sure if it's not misleading when it comes to lowest profits.
When looking at the site I've noticed several errors:
  • Some of the icons were too large (http://www.gw2spidy.com/type/3) so I've temporarily blocked that using CSS
  • Some items have count == 0 but non-zero price which should NOT happen. This seems to change in time so I can't give you any specific example.
  • Check that page: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/25959 I've put an auction for this item for 1 gold 20 silver at some point yesterday (yeah it might have been after midnight). At that time there were no other auctions. At some point someone added a 1g 25s auction. Then my auction sold. So the graph should have a 1g 20s line until some point and then go up to 1g 25s. Instead of that we see values going up and down... this is clearly wrong. It's almost like from time to time record of my transaction was forgotten. Strange
  • On the same item page, when there are no bids or no auctions the graph line should be disabled. I'm not sure about this library but you can certainly do it in amCharts which I use. So basically - if at any measurement point the number of bids or number of auction equals 0 the line should be disabled. If that's not possible then perhaps you should just set it to zero? That's not entirely valid but still better than pretending that values exist by connecting two nearest points (default way the graph library handles that, I assume).
Also, one thing that would be cool to see - a second graph in items details with two lines showing how many bids and auctions are there. For assessing which item to sell or buy that information graphed in time can be very important.

If you like any of those changes feel free to code them in.

#81 quentin389

quentin389

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Would it be possible for you to update the "Is this ok with ArenaNet?" section of the first post with a clear answer to that question? Right now you only say that you wrote a ticket. It's implied that they said it's OK, but still - considering ANet harsh banning policy I'm sure many people would feel better if you'd include some quotes from ANet answer. Or perhaps just quote / link the Reddit post with answer from Mike O'Brien.

#82 quentin389

quentin389

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

A possible reason for error 3) from two posts ago - are you by any chance reading ANY values from the listing page that ANet offers? If you do... well, don't :)
It seems that the listing is heavily cached, which you can clearly see by going to almost any list. If you go to 'minis' you'll see that it shows that there are < 10 auctions for each item. When you click any details the count will update to a current, proper number. You can then go back to the list and the updated value will stay there, but that's client side, cause when you re-search the old value appears again.
This is very apparent with the number of auctions, but that cache also kicks in for all other values. Including min sale price.

This cache cannot be trusted at all, so if you read items details anyway, you should read all the values from there.

#83 MacrosBlackD

MacrosBlackD

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm also having issues with my tool that queries the trading post. Apparently they changed the format of the search results so that it doesn't include max buy offer and min sale offer. And I haven't been able to get a result back from "ws/listings.json" because it is complaining about an invalid game account.

#84 Micromutt

Micromutt

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Issue with searching.
If your search is very general and generates a lot of pages you end up with this:
Spidysearch
Uploaded 16 Sep 2012 - 17:31

#85 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postquentin389, on 15 September 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

If you like any of those changes feel free to code them in.

Love the changes and will definitely use them and look into the other things you listed, just a lot of stuff to do ;)
Would love to find some people who fork the git repo and actually submit some pull requests ^_^ (atm just a lot of people who are interested in playing around with it) but this is already very usefull!

View Postquentin389, on 15 September 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

This cache cannot be trusted at all, so if you read items details anyway, you should read all the values from there.

View PostMacrosBlackD, on 15 September 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'm also having issues with my tool that queries the trading post. Apparently they changed the format of the search results so that it doesn't include max buy offer and min sale offer. And I haven't been able to get a result back from "ws/listings.json" because it is complaining about an invalid game account.

Correct the search.json is messed up unless you use ?ids= in which case it's accurate, changed the code base to use that now.
listings.json is for game sessions only, there are ways to use a game session though ...

View PostMicromutt, on 16 September 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Issue with searching.
If your search is very general and generates a lot of pages you end up with this:
thanks, will get to fixing that soon I hope :)

#86 piranha

piranha

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi, great site! Really appreciate the work you have put in. I have one minor gripe which is the background pictures you use, while beautiful, take a long time to load. If you could reduce the size of the background pics that would be great. Again, great work!

#87 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

View Postpiranha, on 17 September 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hi, great site! Really appreciate the work you have put in. I have one minor gripe which is the background pictures you use, while beautiful, take a long time to load. If you could reduce the size of the background pics that would be great. Again, great work!

Thanks, the background images are directly fetched from the guildwars2 website, so I can't and don't want to resize them tbh :P
However, they were supposed to be loading after the charts were loaded, but they seem to block the chart from loading atm, I'll change it so they're loaded after or async with the charts so they no longer block you from using the website while they load :-)

#88 SunSamurai

SunSamurai

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is there any way to make a list of items I want the site to add the buyout and bid cost together? Like if I want to craft something, Id liek to know the total cost of all I need without having to goto each thing and add it together myself.

This wouldhelp a lot. Also if with that, I could have a feature to compare it to the current going price of the final crafted peice so I could see if there is a profit to be had if I wanted to craft it, that would be awesome.

#89 Drakie

Drakie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

There used to be a website that did that already ( i worked together a bit with the owner ) but he seems to have taken it offline :(
So that means there's no reason I can't 'inherit' his idea now right ;)

So yea, crafting related features might be something I'll pick up soon

#90 cyberman999

cyberman999

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Just loaded up guild wars 2 spidy today an noticed the new filter item list box.  Unfortunately, it obscures the max buy offer and margin columns (yes, I'm using a small monitor).  Could you add a way to colapse, shrink or hide it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users