• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 niko_hime

niko_hime

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hello, I am Niko Hime (IGN). Before I continue, I apologize if I chose the wrong forum to post or if this is a request that has been done to death (I did browse through the first few pages of the discussion and it seems that I am mostly safe for asking). In any case, forgive me if I don't know any better (sorry sorry >.<)

As the title indicates, I am currently looking for help with my GWAMM achievement and/or HoM. I am actually an old GW player, but had stopped playing years ago due to personal reasons. However, with the imminent launch of GW2, I knew that I had to return to the game and catch up.

That said, yes, I realize that this is going to take time and no, I am not looking for a 'quick fix'. I am genuinely looking to complete my HoM and to achieve GWAMM because I am a completionist(?) and because I really do enjoy the game and the depth of its lore (the kick-ass titles help too :]). I just have some trouble here and there because soloing can get tricky with heroes that have silly AI and with mobs that are bent on my irreversible doom ~_~

I will appreciate any help that I can get and am grateful that any of you read this far. I look forward to getting some (positive) responses. Thank you, thank you ♥

#2 Kalx

Kalx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RWS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Post your current Hall of Monuments so we know where to start.

#3 niko_hime

niko_hime

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Good looking out, Kalax. Thanks :]

http://hom.guildwars...AAAAVKEIQAAAAAA

#4 Kalx

Kalx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RWS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Well, first step in my opinion would be finishing Tyria and getting 3 extra points.
From there you can farm and get a bit of money to get armors and weapons which you completely lack, so that would be another easy 5-ish points depending on how many you get.
The rest is pure grind, so I hope you're ready, if your real objective is GWAMM, I don't think you'll be able to get it before GW2 launch. But 30/50 is not that hard.

Haven't got it myself, tho. I'm at 18/30, but still didn't finish any campaign whatsoever and I have almost no minis dedicated hehe.

#5 niko_hime

niko_hime

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, I'm on my last mission in Tyria (Hell's Precipice); should be getting a point for Hero and Protector for that one, but having a bit of trouble with the spiking imps :X I lack the dungeons-related mats to craft some weapons and need a few more rubies to finish my Vabbian armor. You are very right about 30/50 not being difficult; I think it's the GWAMM portion that's killer. I definitely won't be getting it before launch, but I am dedicated to this; I plan on playing both games until I get everything that I want from GW.

The worrying thing for me is that most people will be moved over into GW2 so there is a very small market from which to buy things that I may need :X

#6 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

I would recommend that you invest in your heroes with runes and equipments.  Do that and they would reward you many times over.

Do as much of the daily ZaiShen mission/bounty/vanquish/combat as you can, convert the coins to silver and sell them for 1.7-2K each.  Play as much Jade Quarry as you can to obtain Balthazar Factions and exchange them for ZaiShen keys to sell.  After completing Tyria, try to complete "War in Kryta", then "Hearts of the North" to get your medals of honor for your oppressor weapons.

If you want some cloth of the brotherhood for your EOTN heroes, you can message me in game (IGN: Cleopatra Croft).

#7 niko_hime

niko_hime

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for the tips, Daesu :] And thank for you for the offer; I will look into messaging you :]

#8 Boredmuse

Boredmuse

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

The easiest place to start I would think would be to get a couple more heroes to get 5 for the the full companion display which is 2 points. I found it pretty easy to actually get the 10 companions for another point.

Then I would go for the Eternal Zashian Supporter, as that would net you 6 points, 3 for getting your 5th statue, and 3 for getting a pvp statue. (yes, it oddly enough counts as a pvp statue)
It only requires rank 3 in the zaishen track. You also get crazy amounts of good loot out of the chest doing the keys. Lots of alcohol and sweets for those acheivments as well.

Then as somebody else stated I would start working on armor and weapon statues, though they can get very pricey.

I only went to 30 for the actual items, dont have the dedication to grind out those hard points just for titles. Best of luck to you.

I also have 1 deldrimor armor remnant if you need it. If you see me on grab me, Telk Muse

Edited by Boredmuse, 31 July 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#9 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

View Postniko_hime, on 31 July 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Thanks for the tips, Daesu :] And thank for you for the offer; I will look into messaging you :]

You are welcome.  Also if you want the Black Moa statue, you only need to party me and we can go to Ferndale together.  Since I have already done that quest, the Black Moa would appear and you can charm it.

#10 xSagez

xSagez

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Not to sound like a * but GWAMM is going to be a bitch for you to get. You can play 24/7 and you still wouldn't be able to do it before GW2 comes out. You should just worry about 30/50 for now, then reconsider how much more your willing to do.

2 Minis (1 point), 2 Heroes (2 points), 1 PvP Title (6 points), Elite Lux/Kurz Armor (2 points) and any weapon (2 points) should give you 12 points. Go for those first.

Edited by xSagez, 31 July 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#11 quantum712

quantum712

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

The Challenge mission at Dajkah Inlet (Nightfall) Is good for a few easy armor remnants to get some hero's into your HoM.

#12 himmyv

himmyv

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TAG]

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

I need a black moa :)

#13 ScorpioSpork

ScorpioSpork

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

I basically planned out the easiest/cheapest path and went from 8 to 30 points in about 3 weeks (here's my HoM if you want to see what I specifically completed: http://hom.guildwars...AAAAXKEIQAAAAAA).

Like someone else has already suggested, I would work on filling out Fellowship. It's very easy. Start by farming 2-3 of each Nightfall armors and then buy the rest. If you're short on gold you can farm the EotN armors very easily (Google AFK farming Glint's Challenge and try those hero builds).

No matter what you end up going for, get a solid hero team build first. I used 3 Discord Necros, 2 Keystone Mes and a Rt for pretty much everything (non-hard mode).

#14 niko_hime

niko_hime

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thank you all for the great suggestions and offers of help. This is why I adore the GW community to bits. Thank you all so much ♥

#15 Datenshi92

Datenshi92

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2389 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Hate to be that person... but I think you're in the wrong forum. In this site, everything is about and/or related to GW2.
What you want is GW1, which you can find here:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/

Edited by Datenshi92, 31 July 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#16 Shadok

Shadok

Banned

• Moderators
  • 657 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SotL]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

Please keep anything pertaining to GW1 on the GW1 forums. GW2Guru is restricted to GW2 discussion. Regardless of that, good luck with your HoM/GWAMM!

Edited by Shadok, 31 July 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Have a question concerning moderation? Just want to chat? Click right here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GWAMM, HoM, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users