#61 Milennin

Milennin

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3670 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Guild Wars 2 soundtrack is more epic. Final Fantasy soundtrack has more emotion in it. I don't know a lot of of Final Fantasy games, only played the first 2 games, but both had good music. I love this orchestral version of the Rebel Army theme:

As for which is better, the answer would be neither. I love both, and couldn't say one is better than the other.

Edited by Milennin, 06 December 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#62 Treble

Treble

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

After having played through GW2, I can now safely say that for me, the music doesn't hold a candle to Final Fantasy. Just doesn't "talk" to me the way FF music does, but maybe that's just because I grew up with Final Fantasy.

I just know that whenever I hear Ronfaure, Battalia Downs, Rolanberry Fields, Gustaberg, etc. I am instantly transported back to those locations. None of GW2's music has that effect.

#63 Treble

Treble

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Songs like this really captured the feel for the zones. Mhaura was a quaint little fishing village. It was so relaxing just to sit on a perch and toss your line while watching the ship pick up and drop off new adventurers.

#64 Angarato86

Angarato86

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

the difference is, FF music is part of the story where GW music is a background tune.

the maintheme of elder scrolls are more like FF where it captures the epicness and the mood. when I hear FF music or elder scrolls music I feel tottally immersed. I do not have this with GW2, not really sure why since Jeremy made both elder scrolls and gw2 scores. maybe its the game thats lacking to bring out the epicness of the music? i dont know.

to this day I still remember my first day in FFXI stepping outside Sand'oria into ronfaure and this song starts playing: loved it ever since

Edited by Angarato86, 07 December 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#65 MaZt

MaZt

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Final Fantasy Music is better than GW for 2 simple reasons:

1.GW music is only there for background music thus not making it memorable if you compare it to music written for specific moments or characters in FF(One Winged Angel=Sephiroth,Kefka's Theme,Terra's Theme,To Zarnakand)

2.Nobuo Uematsu is able to write a great variety of music styles while Jeremy Soule's music is good it always falls on the generic medieval fantasy part. Also he can write music that fit perfectly for each character's personality.

In my opinion nothing can beat FF music

The epic fight with Kefka that his theme has FOUR PARTS(Really have you ever fight a villain that has a theme with four parts?)
Dancing Mad

The Opening Theme of FFVIII
Liberti Fatali

Terra's Theme

To Zarnakand

Edited by MaZt, 09 December 2012 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users