5 replies to this topic

#1 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Here's a build I made for the Guardian I plan on using this a lot in dungeon groups to stay alive and provide support.

This build explains a Guardian play style that uses boons to provide support and gain survivability.  I call it The Boon Healing Guardian. Essentially you will be using as many boons as possible which will buff allies while healing yourself in the process. This build is set to have high survivability and provide exceptional support especially in dungeon groups.

Check out the build here.

Edited by BeastmodeGM, 02 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#2 TweFoju

TweFoju

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

i once made this kind of similar build before

there is only 1 problem with your build, you cant use both Honorable Shield and Defender's Shield as they are in the same tier

so you have to either choose one, because you wrote in the explanation that you actually use Honorable Shield, Defender's Shield, and Alturistic Healing, which is impossible

and also how did you get 8 boons from the build you build? if i count correctly, there are 5

Regen from Symbol of Faith + Hold the line + Ray of Judgement = 1
Protection from Shield of Judgement and Hold the line = 2
Aegis and Swiftness from Retreat = 4
Retaliation from Judgement = 5

total there are 5 boons

also, how can you get Courage on Virtues after spending 30 on Valor and 30 on Honor to get the Grandmaster tier

unless i am seeing this the wrong way, then i am sorry

thanks =)

this is the kind of build i would go for:

http://gw2skills.net...6y2lrLZXLQGgM3A

total Shout with Mace/Shield - Staff combo ( for the Might Boon )

this way you pretty much have every single boons in the game to give to your allies

Edited by TweFoju, 03 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#3 Baraccus

Baraccus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RWS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

i like the build, but i mostly see supprt builds (i refuse to call it healing hahaha) do you plan on rolling an offensive build for your guardian like i plan too and is it possible to have an offensive guardian that provides support?

#4 KelvinKole

KelvinKole

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostTweFoju, on 03 August 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

i once made this kind of similar build before

there is only 1 problem with your build, you cant use both Honorable Shield and Defender's Shield as they are in the same tier

so you have to either choose one, because you wrote in the explanation that you actually use Honorable Shield, Defender's Shield, and Alturistic Healing, which is impossible

and also how did you get 8 boons from the build you build? if i count correctly, there are 5

Regen from Symbol of Faith + Hold the line + Ray of Judgement = 1
Protection from Shield of Judgement and Hold the line = 2
Aegis and Swiftness from Retreat = 4
Retaliation from Judgement = 5

total there are 5 boons

also, how can you get Courage on Virtues after spending 30 on Valor and 30 on Honor to get the Grandmaster tier

unless i am seeing this the wrong way, then i am sorry

thanks =)

this is the kind of build i would go for:

http://gw2skills.net...6y2lrLZXLQGgM3A

total Shout with Mace/Shield - Staff combo ( for the Might Boon )

this way you pretty much have every single boons in the game to give to your allies

Think he must have been crafting his build around an older iteration of the game. A lot of the trait system changed during bwe #3, so as you pointed out a lot of his build doesn't work anymore.

This is my version of basically the same thing: http://gw2skills.net...uxcj4G7Nubk3sFB

Keep in mind that in sPvP you won't be using earings and rings so your stats will look different and may effect your amulet choice.

#5 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thanks I did make this build earlier on and just shared it the other day. I will have to update it thanks for the input and feedback.

#6 TweFoju

TweFoju

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

sorry, i think i didn't know what i was talking about, i just went "oh snap!"

because i think you get healed when you applies the boons, and it doesn't matter if it's the same one right?

for example, if you use Shield of Judgement ( shield skill 4 ) and then Hold the Line, does that mean it heals you 3 times? ( regardless of there is 2 of the same boons from both of the skill )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: support, build, boons, guardian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users