Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 11 votes

How To Mesmer - sPvP - Read info please.


  • Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#31 Banker

Banker

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 128 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostBlowi, on 04 August 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

What was your damage on? As my 4.5k crit was based on the dummies in Mist.

I got one crit on tape on my second video, 5.3k. That one was on Warrior, but most of them crit on elementalists or necros.

#32 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Cool.
Cool, cool, cool. I'll keep that in mind ;) Thanks!
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#33 853

853

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hey Blowi,

I have been hoping to get an answer to this question - hope you can help:


When a Mesmer uses Blurred Frenzy whilst an Engineer uses shield #5 - what happens?

Will the Mesmer evade the stun?

Will the Engineer block the damage?


Also what happens if a Mesmer uses Blurred Frenzy and another Mesmer uses the Signet of Domination will that utility skill hit?

"allows them to evade attacks for some time" what is the extent of this evasion - does it extend to hard CC skills being used?

Moa shuts down elites, can you evade a Moa with Blurred Frenzy?


#34 Crowley

Crowley

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostBlowi, on 04 August 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

What was your damage on? As my 4.5k crit was based on the dummies in Mist.

Have gotten a ~7k crit from it btw.

#35 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Post853, on 04 August 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Hey Blowi,

I have been hoping to get an answer to this question - hope you can help:


When a Mesmer uses Blurred Frenzy whilst an Engineer uses shield #5 - what happens?
Will the Mesmer evade the stun?
Will the Engineer block the damage?

Also what happens if a Mesmer uses Blurred Frenzy and another Mesmer uses the Signet of Domination will that utility skill hit?
"allows them to evade attacks for some time" what is the extent of this evasion - does it extend to hard CC skills being used?
Moa shuts down elites, can you evade a Moa with Blurred Frenzy?


Good questions!

1. When a mesmer uses blurred frenzy he is immune to anything during his "evasion" this means a mesmer won't get stunned.

2. Signet of domination can be dodged and evaded, if you are using it into evasion it won't  stun the target.

3. It extends to pretty much any CC in the game, it's the same way with Moa - It can get blocked and dodged as well, but you can avoid a moa with frenzy.

I'll add more to the guide once I'm allowed to post more, haha. Says "Content too long" sucks to be me!

Edited by Blowi, 04 August 2012 - 06:00 PM.

Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#36 DCnB

DCnB

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

nice read! thank you very much!!

didnt know that i can summon new clones while shattering! tipp no.1 !!!

#37 oelph

oelph

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Omg, thank you so much Blowi! I'll be returning to this repeatedly and looking out for your videos.

#38 853

853

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostBlowi, on 04 August 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Good questions!

1. When a mesmer uses blurred frenzy he is immune to anything during his "evasion" this means a mesmer won't get stunned.

2. Signet of domination can be dodged and evaded, if you are using it into evasion it won't  stun the target.

3. It extends to pretty much any CC in the game, it's the same way with Moa - It can get blocked and dodged as well, but you can avoid a moa with frenzy.

I'll add more to the guide once I'm allowed to post more, haha. Says "Content too long" sucks to be me!

Thank you for answering - I thought it was the case.

When I practiced with the Chieftain in the Mist I used blurred frenzy to avoid his initial sword throw skill.
I figured you might be able to avoid anything with it - even a uber shut down skill like Moa.

This means like a skilled Guardian can use a well timed Aegis to block big hits
A mesmer can use a well timed blurred frenzy or Distortion to avoid huge damage or CC.

*Edit* sorry can you explain what will happen in the circumstance that a Mesmer blurred frenzies an Engineers when they use skill #5 on the shield?

So if you blur frenzy a blocking skill that has an offensive component - what will happen?
Will you evade both the defensive and offensive components of the block+stun, whilst the Engineer will also block all of the offensive hits from Blurred?


Cheers

Edited by 853, 05 August 2012 - 12:13 AM.


#39 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

View Post853, on 05 August 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Thank you for answering - I thought it was the case.

When I practiced with the Chieftain in the Mist I used blurred frenzy to avoid his initial sword throw skill.
I figured you might be able to avoid anything with it - even a uber shut down skill like Moa.

This means like a skilled Guardian can use a well timed Aegis to block big hits
A mesmer can use a well timed blurred frenzy or Distortion to avoid huge damage or CC.

*Edit* sorry can you explain what will happen in the circumstance that a Mesmer blurred frenzies an Engineers when they use skill #5 on the shield?

So if you blur frenzy a blocking skill that has an offensive component - what will happen?
Will you evade both the defensive and offensive components of the block+stun, whilst the Engineer will also block all of the offensive hits from Blurred?


Cheers

In the case of the shield from Engineer, it'll ignore the stun because you are evading the stun.
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#40 RaDiGaN

RaDiGaN

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for this amazing post. I've tried for the first time a mesmer in the stress test and I really loved the mechanics. I had a build like your power one, and even though was my first time I won several 1vs 1 and felt really good with the class overall.

Love the sword-pistol / staff combination, and I watched your videos as well as Xepsh's and found it amazing how you guys play.

Please keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to watch more videos from youplaying these different builds you are presenting.

Thanks a lot! Cheers!

#41 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostRaDiGaN, on 05 August 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Thanks for this amazing post. I've tried for the first time a mesmer in the stress test and I really loved the mechanics. I had a build like your power one, and even though was my first time I won several 1vs 1 and felt really good with the class overall.

Love the sword-pistol / staff combination, and I watched your videos as well as Xepsh's and found it amazing how you guys play.

Please keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to watch more videos from youplaying these different builds you are presenting.

Thanks a lot! Cheers!

Thanks a lot :)! It'll be much easier to get material when the game is actually released, haha.
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#42 Kogaratsu

Kogaratsu

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 139 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[IGC]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Spelling error: the banner 9.1 says "Contriutors", missing a B there methinks.

Very good guide. You obviously put a lot of work into this and it's much appreciated. Can't wait to test some of these things out.

#43 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostKogaratsu, on 05 August 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Spelling error: the banner 9.1 says "Contriutors", missing a B there methinks.

Very good guide. You obviously put a lot of work into this and it's much appreciated. Can't wait to test some of these things out.

You are correct, haha! I miss the the most obvious mistakes, thanks a lot mate.

Edited by Blowi, 05 August 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#44 Raggok

Raggok

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

You forgot to add a mesmer downed state guide.  ;)

#45 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'll talk about that, but not much to do than pull out your hair when people are downing you no matter what haha.
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#46 Viridiana

Viridiana

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HoH]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Watching your video made me reconsider condition damage again. Excellent guide.

#47 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thanks a lot.

I've done some adjustments to the guide now, I'm pretty pleased with how it's structured now. When my post limit gets lifted, I'll add more ;)

As usual if you have any feedback, suggestions or criticism please don't hesitate!
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#48 kZei

kZei

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Sui]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Great job on this, obviously a lot of work went into it!

#49 Tallo

Tallo

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

hey Blowi, just a suggestion but in your tip about using phase retreat as a gap closer if you have good timing and a quick mouse for camera turning there is an option in the keybindings for turning your character around so they do a 180.  Bind that key to something, for example X, so you can press X2X and you will turn around, cast phase retreat, then turn around again to keep chasing your victim.  It's an old trick from GW1 that I used a lot for keeping my vision field open while healing/protecting.  The tip is especially helpful for D/D eles with their backwards dodge abilities like updraft and the fire line (idk what it's called) so share this tip with other TP members and I hope to run in to you and others in spvp again sometime.  Cheers!

#50 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Cool man, I'll check that out when I get a chance :) Appreciate it.
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#51 Siarsi

Siarsi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Location:My Lair
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Beautifully presented. Thanks for sharing, I shall be watching this thread closely. :3

#52 Selvyn R

Selvyn R

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Awesome thread, I love it, thank you so much for your efforts Blowi.

I believe The Prestige is now a blast finisher, it is on the wiki but I haven't actually tested it myself so I don't want to say for certain.
If others can confirm that would be great! :)

#53 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

Thanks a lot guys ;) I'll keep my eyes on The Prestige!
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#54 SCLOBERNOCKER47

SCLOBERNOCKER47

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PURG]

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Alot of work there. Well done.
Alot of opinion in there though.Not sure how informative some of it can be when colored.

Edited by SCLOBERNOCKER47, 07 August 2012 - 08:47 PM.


#55 Laughing Mime

Laughing Mime

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hi Blowi,

Thanks for the well written guide, I used your trick with the distortion shatter to get stomps last beta.. very handy.

I was wondering if anyone can help with the below questions:

Phase retreat- does it really work when stunned? - guide says yes but if someone can confirm that would be great since this would be insanely useful.

illusion bleed trait- Does anyone know what the base duration of it is?

random boons/cond traits on clone deaths/skill interupt- Does anyone have a list? I know they are not all the boons/conditions. I only remember seeing a few on the 'on clone deaths'. One of the effects was a bleed but the duration was short.

Phantasmal Defender - does it take any condition damage or just pure phsyical? I'm guessing it'll be just normal damage but if it including conditions that would earn it a place on my utility bar.

torch cleansing conditions trait - does it remove all conditions?

Does stun duration round up, ie can we get a 2 sec stun off a 1 sec stun if we have +55% duration gear?

Is daze considered a condition for purposes of cleansing/condition duration bonus?

Thanks!

Edited by Laughing Mime, 08 August 2012 - 09:30 AM.


#56 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostSCLOBERNOCKER47, on 07 August 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Alot of work there. Well done.
Alot of opinion in there though.Not sure how informative some of it can be when colored.

Thanks for the feedback, however if you could explain where I don't give proper information? I'm trying to give information plus my perspective of things, if I've failed to do one of those I'm sorry.

View PostLaughing Mime, on 08 August 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Hi Blowi,

Thanks for the well written guide, I used your trick with the distortion shatter to get stomps last beta.. very handy.

I was wondering if anyone can help with the below questions:

Phase retreat- does it really work when stunned? - guide says yes but if someone can confirm that would be great since this would be insanely useful.

illusion bleed trait- Does anyone know what the base duration of it is?

random boons/cond traits on clone deaths/skill interupt- Does anyone have a list? I know they are not all the boons/conditions. I only remember seeing a few on the 'on clone deaths'. One of the effects was a bleed but the duration was short.

Phantasmal Defender - does it take any condition damage or just pure phsyical? I'm guessing it'll be just normal damage but if it including conditions that would earn it a place on my utility bar.

torch cleansing conditions trait - does it remove all conditions?

Does stun duration round up, ie can we get a 2 sec stun off a 1 sec stun if we have +55% duration gear?

Is daze considered a condition for purposes of cleansing/condition duration bonus?

Thanks!
  • Yes, Phase Retreat works while stunned - You can actually change weapon while stunned and change into staff.
  • Daze isn't considered a condition to my knowledge
I'll look into the other ones when I get home from the city.

Edited by Blowi, 08 August 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#57 Laughing Mime

Laughing Mime

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Wow, thanks for sharing that trick. I wish i'd known that for the beta weekend.

#58 SCLOBERNOCKER47

SCLOBERNOCKER47

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PURG]

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostBlowi, on 08 August 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, however if you could explain where I don't give proper information? I'm trying to give information plus my perspective of things, if I've failed to do one of those I'm sorry.


Dont mean to discount anything you've done. This is great work. I just feel your are biased towards and against some weapons and abilities. For instance, GS is a very viable weapon, and many out there have used it with great success, yet you discount it as less than optimal.

#59 Blowi

Blowi

    Fluffernutter

  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 166 posts
  • Location:Denmark
  • Guild Tag:[TP]

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostSCLOBERNOCKER47, on 08 August 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Dont mean to discount anything you've done. This is great work. I just feel your are biased towards and against some weapons and abilities. For instance, GS is a very viable weapon, and many out there have used it with great success, yet you discount it as less than optimal.

Perhaps, but isn't that what an opinion is about, as I simply give my opinion on each weapon, but I'll look through and see if I can make it a bit more informative either way, for various weapon combos. Appreciate the feedback!
Youtube Channel - I'll be uploading GW2 & League of Legends videos.
How to Mesmer - A guide which takes you through everything about mesmer in sPvP.

#60 SCLOBERNOCKER47

SCLOBERNOCKER47

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PURG]

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Perhaps link to videos/discussions where people prefer different combos and succeed? I talk a bit about my GS build in the mantra thread. Also DimensionPvP has some great GS videos. I just hate to push people away from certain specs just because I dont prefer them, and Id imagine you would feel the same way.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users